OT: Another new arrival :O)

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Becka Currant, Apr 7, 2003.

  1. Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.

    Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got up at 6am on Thursday) and
    am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?) for a ventouse delivery after being induced 11
    days over my dates..... so no cycling for a while!!

    Piccies etc here:

    http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/baby.htm

    Tags:

  2. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:53:58 GMT, [email protected] (Becka Currant) wrote:

    >Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
    >
    >Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got up at 6am on Thursday) and
    >am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?)

    I just looked up episiotomy in my dictionary and now rather wish I hadn't (*wince*).

    Still, congrats and cigars all round Becka!

    Bob

  3. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:53:58 GMT, [email protected] (Becka Currant) wrote:

    > I just looked up episiotomy in my dictionary and now rather wish I hadn't (*wince*).
    >
    > Still, congrats and cigars all round Becka!
    >

    > Bob
    > --
    > Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

    Mmm, I went and stuck the word in Google to find out what it meant! Glad I'm a bloke :)

    Congratulations Becka, you'd better start checking out those little bikes soon!

    --
    Mark

  4. W K

    W K Guest

    "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:53:58 GMT, [email protected] (Becka Currant) wrote:
    >
    > >Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
    > >
    > >Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got
    up at
    > >6am on Thursday) and am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?)
    >
    > I just looked up episiotomy in my dictionary and now rather wish I hadn't (*wince*).

    yes.

    I was also wondering whether a "ventouse delivery" was one thats as hard a cycling up a huge
    mountain. (but no)

  5. Congratulations Becka......knowing what "episiotomy" is, I've opted NOT to look up ventouse
    delivery.....hope you feel comfortable soon

    Cheers, Helen

  6. Hedgehog & Markarina <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Congratulations Becka......knowing what "episiotomy" is, I've opted NOT to look up ventouse
    > delivery.....hope you feel comfortable soon

    "Vent" is french, and possibly Latin, for "wind". It's an assisted delivery method in which they
    blow the baby out with compressed air by inflating the womb using a small incision in the navel.

    That's why you'd need an emisiotomy afterwards ...

    ;-)

    Congratulations ...

    Trev

  7. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Becka Currant wrote:
    > Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.

    Congratulations. He looks lovely, and you look remarkably well afterwards.

    > VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy ...

    Ouch. I remember Catherine's episiotomy much more clearly than she does, since I saw the whole thing
    and wasn't in pain at the time. She goes quite green when I describe the procedure to her now - the
    bit she's completely forgotten is the midwife stretching the (already tightly stretched) perineum
    beforehand in order to inject anaesthetic without injecting the baby.

    Oops, you probably didn't want reminding of that ;-)

    Thomas Paine

  8. Andymorris

    Andymorris Guest

    Becka Currant wrote:
    > Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
    >
    > Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got up at 6am on Thursday) and
    > am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?) for a ventouse delivery after being induced 11
    > days over my dates..... so no cycling for a while!!
    >
    > Piccies etc here:
    >
    > http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/baby.htm

    Congrats to all of you, sleep will be more precious than anything else for a long time :)

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

  9. Chris French

    Chris French Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, Trevor Barton
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Hedgehog & Markarina <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Congratulations Becka......knowing what "episiotomy" is, I've opted NOT to look up ventouse
    >> delivery.....hope you feel comfortable soon
    >
    >"Vent" is french, and possibly Latin, for "wind". It's an assisted delivery method in which they
    >blow the baby out with compressed air by inflating the womb using a small incision in the navel.

    I'll have to suggest that to my wife as another technique to use on delivery suite.......

    It's more of a suck than a blow.:)

    >Congratulations ...

    Indeed well done, he's a cutie :)
    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  10. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Becka Currant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
    >
    > Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got
    up at
    > 6am on Thursday) and am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?)
    for a
    > ventouse delivery after being induced 11 days over my dates..... so no
    cycling
    > for a while!!

    This all sounds very technical and probably unpleasant. But, I'm most impressed that you did the
    Ventoux during the delivery :)

    Keep well, keep the bonny lad well and it won't be long before your cycling again.

  11. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Congrats!!

    And just in time for the extended government benefits too! We just missed out, went 23 (count 'em)
    days over, and had a home delivery.

    And I thought 6lb 15.5 was large - My sympathies to your bits!

    Cheers

    Steve

  12. Sandy Morton

    Sandy Morton Guest

  13. Jo Hardman

    Jo Hardman Guest

    Congratulations! Really enjoyed looking at your piccies. As for the episiotomy, you have my
    sympathies - 18 years on I have not forgotten episiotomy followed by Kieland's forceps delivery -
    it's not nice, but now it's over it will only get better - soon hopefully. Don't forget to get those
    little bib shorts ready for him, he will be needing them before you know it! Jo "Becka Currant"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
    >
    > Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got
    up at
    > 6am on Thursday) and am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?)
    for a
    > ventouse delivery after being induced 11 days over my dates..... so no
    cycling
    > for a while!!
    >
    > Piccies etc here:
    >
    > http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/baby.htm

  14. Andy Welch

    Andy Welch Guest

    Congratulations to you both. He looks dead cute.

    Sounds like you had a pretty rough time in there. Ibuprofen sandwiches for you then!

    Cheers,

    Andy

  15. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    [email protected] (Becka Currant) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
    >
    > Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got up at 6am on Thursday)

    Congratulations! You both look great.

    --
    Dave...

  16. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > I just looked up episiotomy in my dictionary and now rather wish I hadn't (*wince*).

    Just be thankful you're a bloke. If the thought of an episiotomy makes you wince, just imagine the
    stitches going in afterwards. I asked Sue if that hadn't hurt when she'd had it done and she told me
    that the episiotomy and the stitches were trivial compared with the pain of the delivery itself.

    --
    Dave...

  17. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Becka Currant wrote:
    > Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.

    Congrats! Thnx for posting the news.

    cheers ~PB

  18. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Becka Currant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
    >
    > Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got
    up at
    > 6am on Thursday) and am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?)
    for a
    > ventouse delivery after being induced 11 days over my dates..... so no
    cycling
    > for a while!!
    >
    > Piccies etc here:
    >
    > http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/baby.htm

    Well done Becka,

  19. > I just looked up episiotomy in my dictionary and now rather wish I hadn't (*wince*).

    As the moose head on the Banana splits used to say "ooh! that's an ooooch!"

    (Belated) congratulations on the new arrival (from someone who shares the same name)

    Alex

  20. On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:53:58 GMT, contributor Becka Currant had scribed:
    > Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.

    A little late on this one, then again I am about a month or so behind on reading. So congratulations
    on your initiation to parenthood.

    > Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got up at 6am on Thursday) and
    > am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?) for a ventouse delivery after being induced 11
    > days over my dates..... so no cycling for a while!!

    No pleasant, it rules out cycling almost as much as a section. My wife with our second, now six
    years old, had a ventouse and forceps delivery together with a considerable blood loss. He was a few
    days early so no induction, she had one of those for our first, now eight years old (but two weeks
    late), followed by a section.

    If you make it to the York Cycle Rally, then I might see you there.

    Gary

    --

    The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

    For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.