OT: Another new arrival :O)

Becka Currant

Guest
Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.

Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got up at 6am on Thursday) and
am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?) for a ventouse delivery after being induced 11
days over my dates..... so no cycling for a while!!

Piccies etc here:

http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/baby.htm

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:53:58 GMT, [email protected] (Becka Currant) wrote:

>Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
>
>Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got up at 6am on Thursday) and
>am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?)

I just looked up episiotomy in my dictionary and now rather wish I hadn't (*wince*).

Still, congrats and cigars all round Becka!

Bob

Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:53:58 GMT, [email protected] (Becka Currant) wrote:

> I just looked up episiotomy in my dictionary and now rather wish I hadn't (*wince*).
>
> Still, congrats and cigars all round Becka!
>

> Bob
> --
> Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

Mmm, I went and stuck the word in Google to find out what it meant! Glad I'm a bloke :)

Congratulations Becka, you'd better start checking out those little bikes soon!

--
Mark

"Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:53:58 GMT, [email protected] (Becka Currant) wrote:
>
> >Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
> >
> >Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got
up at
> >6am on Thursday) and am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?)
>
> I just looked up episiotomy in my dictionary and now rather wish I hadn't (*wince*).

yes.

I was also wondering whether a "ventouse delivery" was one thats as hard a cycling up a huge
mountain. (but no)

Congratulations Becka......knowing what "episiotomy" is, I've opted NOT to look up ventouse
delivery.....hope you feel comfortable soon

Cheers, Helen

Hedgehog & Markarina <[email protected]> wrote:
> Congratulations Becka......knowing what "episiotomy" is, I've opted NOT to look up ventouse
> delivery.....hope you feel comfortable soon

"Vent" is french, and possibly Latin, for "wind". It's an assisted delivery method in which they
blow the baby out with compressed air by inflating the womb using a small incision in the navel.

That's why you'd need an emisiotomy afterwards ...

;-)

Congratulations ...

Trev

Becka Currant wrote:
> Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.

Congratulations. He looks lovely, and you look remarkably well afterwards.

> VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy ...

Ouch. I remember Catherine's episiotomy much more clearly than she does, since I saw the whole thing
and wasn't in pain at the time. She goes quite green when I describe the procedure to her now - the
bit she's completely forgotten is the midwife stretching the (already tightly stretched) perineum
beforehand in order to inject anaesthetic without injecting the baby.

Oops, you probably didn't want reminding of that ;-)

Thomas Paine

Becka Currant wrote:
> Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
>
> Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got up at 6am on Thursday) and
> am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?) for a ventouse delivery after being induced 11
> days over my dates..... so no cycling for a while!!
>
> Piccies etc here:
>
> http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/baby.htm

Congrats to all of you, sleep will be more precious than anything else for a long time :)

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

In message <[email protected]>, Trevor Barton
<[email protected]> writes
>Hedgehog & Markarina <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Congratulations Becka......knowing what "episiotomy" is, I've opted NOT to look up ventouse
>> delivery.....hope you feel comfortable soon
>
>"Vent" is french, and possibly Latin, for "wind". It's an assisted delivery method in which they
>blow the baby out with compressed air by inflating the womb using a small incision in the navel.

I'll have to suggest that to my wife as another technique to use on delivery suite.......

It's more of a suck than a blow.:)

>Congratulations ...

Indeed well done, he's a cutie :)
--
Chris French, Leeds

"Becka Currant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
>
> Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got
up at
> 6am on Thursday) and am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?)
for a
> ventouse delivery after being induced 11 days over my dates..... so no
cycling
> for a while!!

This all sounds very technical and probably unpleasant. But, I'm most impressed that you did the
Ventoux during the delivery :)

Keep well, keep the bonny lad well and it won't be long before your cycling again.

Congrats!!

And just in time for the extended government benefits too! We just missed out, went 23 (count 'em)
days over, and had a home delivery.

And I thought 6lb 15.5 was large - My sympathies to your bits!

Cheers

Steve

Congratulations! Really enjoyed looking at your piccies. As for the episiotomy, you have my
sympathies - 18 years on I have not forgotten episiotomy followed by Kieland's forceps delivery -
it's not nice, but now it's over it will only get better - soon hopefully. Don't forget to get those
little bib shorts ready for him, he will be needing them before you know it! Jo "Becka Currant"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
>
> Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got
up at
> 6am on Thursday) and am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?)
for a
> ventouse delivery after being induced 11 days over my dates..... so no
cycling
> for a while!!
>
> Piccies etc here:
>
> http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/baby.htm

Congratulations to you both. He looks dead cute.

Sounds like you had a pretty rough time in there. Ibuprofen sandwiches for you then!

Cheers,

Andy

[email protected] (Becka Currant) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
>
> Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got up at 6am on Thursday)

Congratulations! You both look great.

--
Dave...

Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> I just looked up episiotomy in my dictionary and now rather wish I hadn't (*wince*).

Just be thankful you're a bloke. If the thought of an episiotomy makes you wince, just imagine the
stitches going in afterwards. I asked Sue if that hadn't hurt when she'd had it done and she told me
that the episiotomy and the stitches were trivial compared with the pain of the delivery itself.

--
Dave...

Becka Currant wrote:
> Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.

Congrats! Thnx for posting the news.

cheers ~PB

"Becka Currant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.
>
> Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got
up at
> 6am on Thursday) and am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?)
for a
> ventouse delivery after being induced 11 days over my dates..... so no
cycling
> for a while!!
>
> Piccies etc here:
>
> http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/baby.htm

Well done Becka,

> I just looked up episiotomy in my dictionary and now rather wish I hadn't (*wince*).

As the moose head on the Banana splits used to say "ooh! that's an ooooch!"

(Belated) congratulations on the new arrival (from someone who shares the same name)

Alex

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:53:58 GMT, contributor Becka Currant had scribed:
> Alexander David James born 04/04/03 at 3.17am, 8lbs 2oz.

A little late on this one, then again I am about a month or so behind on reading. So congratulations
on your initiation to parenthood.

> Lex is fine I am too but am very tired (about 2 hours sleep since I got up at 6am on Thursday) and
> am VERY sore as I had to have an episiotomy (sp?!?) for a ventouse delivery after being induced 11
> days over my dates..... so no cycling for a while!!

No pleasant, it rules out cycling almost as much as a section. My wife with our second, now six
years old, had a ventouse and forceps delivery together with a considerable blood loss. He was a few
days early so no induction, she had one of those for our first, now eight years old (but two weeks
late), followed by a section.

If you make it to the York Cycle Rally, then I might see you there.

Gary

--

The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.