OT: Another tragic Scrabble injury

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tim Mullin, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tim Mullin wrote:

    > For those who chuckled at Jaja's light bulb changing related injury, check out:
    >
    > http://espn.go.com/gen/news/2002/1220/1480138.html

    As a tournament Scrabble player, I can vouch that such injuries are in fact quite common. One of our
    locals even managed to break her leg while playing. Two players came to blows across a tournament
    board once. The worst one I ever heard of was when I guy had a heart attack while playing, his
    opponent made her play, pressed her clock and just waited till his time ran out...

    (Well, I mean in a manner of speaking, his time had ALREADY run out...) STF

  3. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:3E04D[email protected]...

    > As a tournament Scrabble player, I can vouch that such injuries are in
    fact
    > quite common. One of our locals even managed to break her leg while
    playing.
    > Two players came to blows across a tournament board once. The worst one I ever heard of was when I
    > guy had a heart attack while playing, his
    opponent
    > made her play, pressed her clock and just waited till his time ran out...

    Yeah, but that kind of shit is what one would expect of New Zealanders. Y'all don't fuck around
    down there.