OT: Another tragic Scrabble injury

Tim Mullin wrote:

> For those who chuckled at Jaja's light bulb changing related injury, check out:
>
> http://espn.go.com/gen/news/2002/1220/1480138.html

As a tournament Scrabble player, I can vouch that such injuries are in fact quite common. One of our
locals even managed to break her leg while playing. Two players came to blows across a tournament
board once. The worst one I ever heard of was when I guy had a heart attack while playing, his
opponent made her play, pressed her clock and just waited till his time ran out...

(Well, I mean in a manner of speaking, his time had ALREADY run out...) STF

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> As a tournament Scrabble player, I can vouch that such injuries are in
fact
> quite common. One of our locals even managed to break her leg while
playing.
> Two players came to blows across a tournament board once. The worst one I ever heard of was when I
> guy had a heart attack while playing, his
opponent
> made her play, pressed her clock and just waited till his time ran out...

Yeah, but that kind of **** is what one would expect of New Zealanders. Y'all don't **** around
down there.