OT: any way to add info to onboard GPS maps

Merlin

Guest
right, so I was on a jog today, and while fiddling with my
GPS during a walking break, it came to my attention that it
would be really neat if I could import my track info
directly into the map.

first, a little background info. it is a Magellan Meridian
Platinum, and the map software is MapSend Topo (made by
Magellan I think).

now, it already has a few 4-wheel-drive trails on it, but
come biking season (when I can go on the trails without
getting neck deep in mud) it would be neat to log a track
of the trail, then if I could imprint it onto the map for
future use, without having to load up the track every
time (can only have one track at a time I think), then it
would be great.

I searched the web, but after about 50 pages on google, I
still found nothing of any use. so I thought I would pose
the question here on the off chance that somebody has done
it, or knows where I can find out how to do
it. I would assume it has to be done with a special program,
but beyond that, I don't know.

my first guess is that it can't be done as the raw map data
is stored on a
cd (Isuppose I could edit the file and burn a new cd...)

thanks in advance for any help.

~Travis

try these newsgroups

sci.geo.satellite-nav alt.satellite.gps