OT: Anyone know how to delete The Trickler?!?

> Si wrote:
> > Windows - A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen
bit
> > patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor which was
> > written by a two-bit company that can't stand
one
> > bit of competition
>
> Says the man posting with OE...

Hey, it's peer pressure. I've been assimilated...

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Are you sure? (Y/N)
>
> No, you don't want to bother with user interaction, just use
>
> deltree /Y c:
>
> Always a winner with clueless users... };)

This doesn't work with Win2k. I don't think it works with XP either.

I prefer delpart.exe, which came with the NT 3.51 Resource kit:

autoexec.bat @ECHO OFF delpart c: /y

Put a label on it with the letters "FU."

nk 'hey is that a floppy in your drive?'

Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >

> > > Tried 3 times now. Get an error message (non Blue Screen) saying
> computer
> > > needs to re-start; I press any key and it shuts off. (My machine has
> more
> > > bugs than Rimmer's family tree!)
> >
> > You are cruel and very mean Bill ;-(
>
> You forgot "smell of poo", too!

You smell of grandpa farts.

> Bill "sorry, Shaun...it was said with affection (the good kind)" S.

But of course Bill, and alas, my hurt was merely feigned - smoke and mirrors old chap, smoke and
mirrors.......

Shaun aRe - But you knew that, right?

',;~}

Originally posted by Sorni
Somehow I've picked up the friggin' "Trickler" trojan/spyware thing from that dastardly Gator Corp.

"Ad-Aware" pointed this out to me, but can't clean it.

Norton doesn't recognize it as a virus.

*I* can't delete it -- just get an "Access Denied" message (even in DOS mode).

I did tell my firewall thing to deny it access to the 'net, and don't see any symptoms or anything,
but I'd like to get rid of it.

Anyone know what I should do?!?

TIA,

Bill "found some foreign sites about it but they didn't have a 'remove' button" S.

ok i just got rid of it.....first i downloaded "AD AWARE" that allowed me to delete most of the GATOR files. But TRICKLER was still running. So then I just hit Cont/Alt/Delete and it allowed me to stop the program from running and then I was able to delete it. I hope this is helpful to someone.