OT: Anyone using Mozilla Thunderbird?

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 at 12:49 GMT, [email protected] (aka Bruce)

> flyingdutch> So there IS a newsreader for Mac? would be nice to not
> flyingdutch> have to go online on the virus-collectin-insane-PC and
> flyingdutch> just keep it for the HRM :D
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/pjarvis/xemacs.html
>
> Strictly speaking it's an editor, but if you've got xemacs or emacs then
> you've got Gnus which is a damned fine news reader.

Eh? It's a religion.

Black holes are where God divided by zero. -- Steven Wright

On 2005-01-25, flyingdutch wrote:
> So there IS a newsreader for Mac?
> would be nice to not have to go online on the virus-collectin-insane-PC
> and just keep it for the HRM :D
>
> F"the anwer no doubt is in one of them boring FAQs..." Dutch

If you're comfortable with firing up Terminal.app, have a look at slrn.
It should be available as part of the fink project.

If you're not comfortable with firing up Terminal.app, I have no useful
suggestions to offer. :)

kingsley wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 03:17:34 +0000, TimC wrote:
>

>>Bloody bloatware.

> Yeah, like when lynx started to support tables.
> Splitters.

whats this lynx thing?
i'm still using gopher!

kim

kim wrote:

> whats this lynx thing?
> i'm still using gopher!

Hmm, not an Archie fan then {;-).

Do either still work?

I'm currently reading Bind notes for the umpteen time trying to see if I
can fudge my way back onto the visible internet because Telstra churned
24 hours ahead of time and new delegation wasn't ready {:-(.