OT: Apologies

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter B, Dec 31, 2005.

  1. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    Tags:

  2. Nobody Here

    Nobody Here Guest

    Peter B <[email protected]> wrote:
    > For feeding those we'd wish to discourage from posting here.( I blame it on
    > the weather, hmmpf).
    > New years resolution: Just swim on ;-)

    Yeah, I too have come to the conclusion that it's not worth it. Twat B
    is too stupid to listen, there's a whole bunch of shit-stirring going
    on in threads he either starts or butts in to that we really don't
    need here. He gets a great deal of pleasure from stirring up trouble,
    and he's certainly learned which buttons to press to do it. Apart from
    that, he's a complete moron. Ignored, he'll soon go away to easier
    pickings.

    --
    Nobby

  3. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    Nobody Here wrote:
    > Peter B <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>For feeding those we'd wish to discourage from posting here.( I blame it on
    >>the weather, hmmpf).
    >>New years resolution: Just swim on ;-)

    > Yeah, I too have come to the conclusion that it's not worth it. Twat B
    > is too stupid to listen, there's a whole bunch of shit-stirring going
    > on in threads he either starts or butts in to that we really don't
    > need here. He gets a great deal of pleasure from stirring up trouble,
    > and he's certainly learned which buttons to press to do it. Apart from
    > that, he's a complete moron. Ignored, he'll soon go away to easier
    > pickings.

    It'll be good when nursey school restarts in the new year, perhaps that
    will keep him away from a PC

    --
    "You can't see paradise if you don't pedal" (Fowler, Chicken Run)

  4. Matt B

    Matt B Guest

    Nobody Here wrote:

    > there's a whole bunch of shit-stirring going
    > on in threads he either starts or butts in to that we really don't
    > need here.

    Yes, and most of it seems to be done by those, like you apparently, who
    cannot accept your prejudices being challenged.

    Why not go away and come back when you feel ready to accept the fact
    that the earth is not flat.

    --
    Matt B

  5. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    Matt B wrote:
    <snip>
    > Why not go away and come back when you feel ready to accept the fact
    > that the earth is not flat.

    if the earth was flat we wouldn't need gears on our bikes, therefore it
    can't be flat.

    --
    "You can't see paradise if you don't pedal" (Fowler, Chicken Run)

  6. Jack Ouzzi

    Jack Ouzzi Guest

    On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 15:29:53 +0000, Matt B <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Nobody Here wrote:
    >>
    >> there's a whole bunch of shit-stirring going
    >> on in threads he either starts or butts in to that we really don't
    >> need here.

    >Yes, and most of it seems to be done by those, like you apparently, who
    >cannot accept your prejudices being challenged.
    >
    >Why not go away and come back when you feel ready to accept the fact
    >that the earth is not flat.

    Girls girls, it's 2006 be nice to each other

  7. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 15:53:16 +0000 (UTC), Pete Whelan
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Matt B wrote:
    ><snip>
    >> Why not go away and come back when you feel ready to accept the fact
    >> that the earth is not flat.
    >>

    >if the earth was flat we wouldn't need gears on our bikes, therefore it
    >can't be flat.

    It might be flat but propped up at one end.

    Tim

  8. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tim Hall wrote:

    > It might be flat but propped up at one end.

    That's the problem, and its always propped up at the opposite end so
    wherever you cycle its uphill ;-)

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham

  9. MichaelB

    MichaelB New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2004

    Bit like that magic wind which blows up and down the same road!

  10. Sandy Morton

    Sandy Morton Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, MichaelB
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Bit like that magic wind which blows up and down the same road!

    Or the people who cycle round the Bicycle Island and find that the
    wind is always in their face :)

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton
    on the Bicycle Island

  11. p.k.

    p.k. Guest

    Matt B wrote:
    > Nobody Here wrote:
    >>
    >> there's a whole bunch of shit-stirring going
    >> on in threads he either starts or butts in to that we really don't
    >> need here.

    > Yes, and most of it seems to be done by those, like you apparently,
    > who cannot accept your prejudices being challenged.
    >
    > Why not go away and come back when you feel ready to accept the fact
    > that the earth is not flat.

    Matt, if you are sincere, keep it up! Even in the face of strident
    criticism.

    BTDTGTTS!

    If you are sincere, even guy will come round to recognise the difference
    between a Troll and a Fizzingly annoying Thorn in the side which sometimes
    pricks the concience.

    pk

  12. Matt B

    Matt B Guest

    p.k. wrote:
    > Matt B wrote:
    >
    >>Nobody Here wrote:
    >>
    >>>there's a whole bunch of shit-stirring going
    >>>on in threads he either starts or butts in to that we really don't
    >>>need here.

    >>Yes, and most of it seems to be done by those, like you apparently,
    >>who cannot accept your prejudices being challenged.
    >>
    >>Why not go away and come back when you feel ready to accept the fact
    >>that the earth is not flat.

    > Matt, if you are sincere, keep it up! Even in the face of strident
    > criticism.

    I sure am, and I sure will! There are some die-hards here though who
    don't accept that there are highway design advances and social and
    cultural ideas, albeit conceived by Johnny-Foreigner, which have gained
    acceptance elsewhere since the 1960s ;-)

    > BTDTGTTS!
    >
    > If you are sincere, even guy will come round to recognise the difference
    > between a Troll and a Fizzingly annoying Thorn in the side which sometimes
    > pricks the concience.

    Yes, he is still pretending not to read my stuff, unless, of course, he
    is "at his mother's" or reading someone else's reply ;-)

    --
    Matt B

  13. Matt B

    Matt B Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > Tim Hall wrote:
    >
    >> It might be flat but propped up at one end.

    > That's the problem, and its always propped up at the opposite end so
    > wherever you cycle its uphill ;-)

    What is? ;-)

    --
    Matt B

  14. Tony Raven wrote:
    > Tim Hall wrote:
    >

    > > It might be flat but propped up at one end.
    > >

    > That's the problem, and its always propped up at the opposite end so
    > wherever you cycle its uphill ;-)

    So I guess the air rolls downhill which is why it is always in your
    face.

    So, do jet engines work by heating up the air behind the plane so much
    that it rises back up the hill and pushes the plane along?

    best wishes
    james

  15. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    "Matt B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Nobody Here wrote:
    >>
    >> there's a whole bunch of shit-stirring going
    >> on in threads he either starts or butts in to that we really don't
    >> need here.

    > Yes, and most of it seems to be done by those, like you apparently, who
    > cannot accept your prejudices being challenged.
    >
    > Why not go away and come back when you feel ready to accept the fact that
    > the earth is not flat.

    My god, are you sure?

    Alan

    > --
    > Matt B

  16. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    > Tim Hall wrote:
    >

    >> It might be flat but propped up at one end.

    > That's the problem, and its always propped up at the opposite end so
    > wherever you cycle its uphill ;-)

    Never a truer word spoken in jest!:)-)

    Alan

    > --
    > Tony
    >
    > "The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the
    > right."
    > - Lord Hailsham

  17. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "p.k." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > If you are sincere, even guy will come round to recognise the difference
    > between a Troll and a Fizzingly annoying Thorn in the side which sometimes
    > pricks the concience.

    All he's done is whinge on about the cost of motoring (and I'm a motorist of
    36 years, prolly longer than Troll B has been alive) and complain that
    cyclists, apparently, pay nothing, he's like a spoilt kid.
    As a motorist, cyclist and pedestrian I see nothing informative or new in
    his posts, he's just spouting a mantra.

  18. Matt B

    Matt B Guest

    Peter B wrote:
    > "p.k." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>If you are sincere, even guy will come round to recognise the difference
    >>between a Troll and a Fizzingly annoying Thorn in the side which sometimes
    >>pricks the concience.

    > All he's done is whinge on about the cost of motoring

    Wrong.

    > (and I'm a motorist of
    > 36 years, prolly longer than Troll B has been alive)

    Mmmm.

    > and complain that
    > cyclists, apparently, pay nothing,

    Wrong.

    > he's like a spoilt kid.

    A conclusion based on false premises?

    > As a motorist, cyclist and pedestrian I see nothing informative or new in
    > his posts, he's just spouting a mantra.

    Wrong.

    Have you ever _read_ any of my 'spoutings'? If you have you'll realise
    how wrong you are!

    --
    Matt B

  19. On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:08:10 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B"
    <[email protected]> said in
    <[email protected]>:

    >All he's done is whinge on about the cost of motoring (and I'm a motorist of
    >36 years, prolly longer than Troll B has been alive) and complain that
    >cyclists, apparently, pay nothing, he's like a spoilt kid.

    And anyway, the solution is blindingly obvious: ride the bike more,
    and laugh at how you are putting one over on The System :-D

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

  20. Matt B

    Matt B Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:08:10 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B"
    > <[email protected]> said in
    > <[email protected]>:
    >
    >>All he's done is whinge on about the cost of motoring (and I'm a motorist of
    >>36 years, prolly longer than Troll B has been alive) and complain that
    >>cyclists, apparently, pay nothing, he's like a spoilt kid.

    > And anyway, the solution is blindingly obvious: ride the bike more,
    > and laugh at how you are putting one over on The System :-D

    Except, of course, you aren't if you are also a motorist.

    It's the same as protesting about the rail fare increase by buying a
    rail season ticket and 'putting one over' /them/ by cycling instead.

    --
    Matt B