OT: are diets supposed to do this?

Technician

Guest
he he, thought it was kinda funny when i just checked my weight. i was 225, now thanks to the diet,
i am... what? 230???

ok, so i haven't really slackened off on the pre-ride gorging. that and i really need to ride more.

I think my metabolism has crossed over to the dark side.

On the other hand, in looking in a mirror, i do think i have lost a little of the facial roundness,
and the spare-tire is a bit smaller. could i have really gained 5 pounds in muscle in one week?

I just thought it was ironic is all, go on a diet, more exercise, and gain weight.

he he he, just my luck. ;-)
--
~Travis

>he he, thought it was kinda funny when i just checked my weight. i was 225, now thanks to the diet,
>i am... what? 230???
>
>ok, so i haven't really slackened off on the pre-ride gorging. that and i really need to ride more.
>
>I think my metabolism has crossed over to the dark side.
>
>On the other hand, in looking in a mirror, i do think i have lost a little of the facial roundness,
>and the spare-tire is a bit smaller. could i have really gained 5 pounds in muscle in one week?
>
>I just thought it was ironic is all, go on a diet, more exercise, and gain weight.
>
>he he he, just my luck. ;-)
>--
>~Travis

Muscle weighs more than fat. It's pretty common to gain weight when you start to get in shape again.
But you've probably noticed that you clothes fit a little different.

-Andrew

Technician wrote: <snip>
> On the other hand, in looking in a mirror, i do think i have lost a little of the facial
> roundness, and the spare-tire is a bit smaller. could i have really gained 5 pounds in muscle in
> one week?
<snip>

No, it's not possible to gain 5 pounds of muscle in one week. Or even one month. However, if you've
been on a salty food binge, you may be retaining fluid like the Hoover Dam. Try drinking a few extra
glasses of plain water.

Kathleen

> Technician wrote: <snip>
> > On the other hand, in looking in a mirror, i do think i have lost a little of the facial
> > roundness, and the spare-tire is a bit smaller. could i have really gained 5 pounds in muscle in
> > one week?
> <snip>
>
> No, it's not possible to gain 5 pounds of muscle in one week. Or even one month. However, if
> you've been on a salty food binge, you may be retaining fluid like the Hoover Dam. Try drinking a
> few extra glasses of plain water.
>
> Kathleen

Now, this may come as TMI, but it serves the point.

every morning i gotta "go" so bad it feels like the 'ol bladder is going to burst. i usually end up
urinating a steady stream for about 45 seconds to a minute (i have lots of "storage").

i would have to figure my water intake (i drink water now at most meals since i have started riding
again) per day is about 1.5 - 2 liters (i keep a rinsed out soda bottle in the fridge to store water
nice and cold). then on rides, i usually fill the bak with 1 or 2 liters, and drink usually about
3/4 of it. so my minimum intake is about 2.25 liters on a ride day. not sure what the required
intake is, but it can't be much more than 2 liters.
--
~Travis

In article <[email protected]>, travis57 @nospam.megalink.net says...
> > Technician wrote: <snip>
> > > On the other hand, in looking in a mirror, i do think i have lost a little of the facial
> > > roundness, and the spare-tire is a bit smaller. could i have really gained 5 pounds in muscle
> > > in one week?
> > <snip>
> >
> > No, it's not possible to gain 5 pounds of muscle in one week. Or even one month. However, if
> > you've been on a salty food binge, you may be retaining fluid like the Hoover Dam. Try drinking
> > a few extra glasses of plain water.
> >
> > Kathleen
> >

> Now, this may come as TMI, but it serves the point.
>
> every morning i gotta "go" so bad it feels like the 'ol bladder is going to burst. i usually end
> up urinating a steady stream for about 45 seconds to a minute (i have lots of "storage").

The closer you can get to sparkling clear, the better. It's the quality not the quantity. That's all
I have to say on that subject.
--
_________________________

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, travis57 @nospam.megalink.net says...
> > > Technician wrote: <snip>
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > No, it's not possible to gain 5 pounds of muscle in one week. Or even one month. However, if
> > > you've been on a salty food binge, you may be retaining fluid like the Hoover Dam. Try
> > > drinking a few extra glasses of plain water.
> > >
> > > Kathleen
> > >

> > Now, this may come as TMI, but it serves the point.
> >
> > every morning i gotta "go" so bad it feels like the 'ol bladder is going to burst. i usually end
> > up urinating a steady stream for about 45 seconds to a minute (i have lots of "storage").
> >

> The closer you can get to sparkling clear, the better. It's the quality not the quantity. That's
> all I have to say on that subject.
> --
> _________________________
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com

As my coach once said (and somebody's reply):

"I want you pissing white!!!" "Um, coach? That's not ****...."

Jon Bond

Andrew Thorne wrote:
> Muscle weighs more than fat. It's pretty common to gain weight when you start to get in shape
> again. But you've probably noticed that you clothes fit a little different.
>
> -Andrew

Does anyone know how much more water is stored in muscle than in fat?

(I too gain weight when I exercise, over the long term. When I do the couch potato routine, my
weight goes down.)

Clues for sale!!!! (21 used & new from $9.00)

http://tinyurl.com/cwlb

ref: ISBN 0-683-05731-6 Exercise Physiology: Energy, Nutrition, and Human Performance by William D.
McArdle, Frank I. Katch, Victor L. Katch