OT - at least she wasn't choosing melons

Wafflydirtycatl

Guest
See

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_809244.html?menu=news.quirkies

"Bikini-clad shopper told to cover up

A mother-of-three has explained how she was left 'humiliated' when a supermarket assistant told her
the bikini top she was wearing was inappropriate for shopping.

Elizabeth Webster, 43, went into the Tesco store in Sleaford, Lincolnshire, with her 15-year-old
daughter, wearing a pair of shorts and a bikini top.

She was standing at the fruit counter when a member of staff told her she should cover up in future.

Mrs Webster, a parent-governor at her local school in Ruskington, Lincs, said she was left
absolutely speechless by the remarks.

She said: "It was while I was choosing some oranges. This woman came up to me and she said 'Madam,
could I ask you to cover up next time you come in the store'.

"I was speechless. I didn't reply. I was totally humiliated and embarrassed. I didn't think in any
way that what I had on was going to cause me any problems."

Mrs Webster, whose husband Stuart works for a bank, said she had just popped into the store to buy
some lunch during the hot weather.

A Tesco spokeswoman said: "We would never want to embarrass any of our customers and we apologise if
that has happened in this particular case.

"The store in question has already been in contact with Mrs Webster. Aside from issues of hygiene
many of our customers have told us that they feel uncomfortable when they see other shoppers wearing
skimpy clothing in our stores.

"We do get complaints on the issue and we try and find a balance to make sure everyone is happy
while they shop. We don't have a formal dress code policy but we leave it to the manager's
discretion and common sense."

Story filed: 17:33 Thursday 14th August 2003"

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX must be edykated coz e writed:

> See
>
> http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_809244.html?menu=news.quirkies
>

> "Bikini-clad shopper told to cover up
>
> A mother-of-three has explained how she was left 'humiliated' when a supermarket assistant told
> her the bikini top she was wearing was inappropriate for shopping.
>
> Elizabeth Webster, 43, went into the Tesco store in Sleaford, Lincolnshire, with her 15-year-old
> daughter, wearing a pair of shorts and a bikini top.
>
> She was standing at the fruit counter when a member of staff told her she should cover up
> in future.

I was in Tesco's just the other day looking for a nice juicy pear............. OH, STOP IT!

Ian

"Ian" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB62600D.CB81%[email protected]...
> wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX must be edykated coz e writed:
>
> > See
> >
> > http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_809244.html?menu=news.quirkies
> >

> > "Bikini-clad shopper told to cover up
> >
> > A mother-of-three has explained how she was left 'humiliated' when a supermarket assistant told
> > her the bikini top she was wearing was inappropriate for shopping.
> >
> > Elizabeth Webster, 43, went into the Tesco store in Sleaford,
Lincolnshire,
> > with her 15-year-old daughter, wearing a pair of shorts and a bikini
top.

> > She was standing at the fruit counter when a member of staff told her
she
> > should cover up in future.
> >
> I was in Tesco's just the other day looking for a nice juicy pear............. OH, STOP IT!

At 43yo, I'm sure they're over-ripe ....

Maureen must be edykated coz e writed:

> "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:wZ1%[email protected]...
>

>> At 43yo, I'm sure they're over-ripe ....
>
> Beg your pardon!!! I`m 44 and I think I am just coming to fruition ;-)
>
> Maureen

Post a picture and we will give our opinion. ;-)

Ian

Thus spake Ian <[email protected]>

> Maureen must be edykated coz e writed:

> > "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:wZ1%[email protected]...
> >

> >> At 43yo, I'm sure they're over-ripe ....
> >
> > Beg your pardon!!! I`m 44 and I think I am just coming to fruition ;-)

I'm 45 and am not over-ripe

> > Maureen
> >

> Post a picture and we will give our opinion. ;-)
Beware of geeks bearing gifs...

> In news:[email protected], Maureen
> <[email protected]> typed:
> > "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:wZ1%[email protected]...
> >

> >> At 43yo, I'm sure they're over-ripe ....
> >
> > Beg your pardon!!! I`m 44 and I think I am just coming to fruition ;-)
> >

> Fruition: n The condition of bearing fruit. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fruition
>
> Tony

Blimey, we are being pedantic. Fruition was intented partly as a pun as we were talking about fruit.
My wordweb dictionary says bearing is in fact correct, and a Gif is an animated picture, which is
what Helen was talking about. ;-)

Maureen

In news:[email protected], Helen Deborah Vecht <[email protected]> typed:

>> Post a picture and we will give our opinion. ;-)
> Beware of geeks bearing gifs...

I've never heard them called gifs before. Oh and by the way "baring" has no "e" in it. ;-)

Tony

--
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not
dying." Woody Allen

In news:[email protected], Maureen
<[email protected]> typed:

> Blimey, we are being pedantic. Fruition was intented partly as a pun as we were talking about
> fruit. My wordweb dictionary says bearing is in fact correct, and a Gif is an animated picture,
> which is what Helen was talking about. ;-)

Hint: Think "humour"

Tony

--
"Reality is what refuses to go away when I stop believing in it. " Philip K. ****

> In news:[email protected], Maureen
> <[email protected]> typed:
> >
> > Blimey, we are being pedantic. Fruition was intented partly as a
pun
> > as we were talking about fruit. My wordweb dictionary says bearing
is
> > in fact correct, and a Gif is an animated picture, which is what
Helen
> > was talking about. ;-)
> >

> Hint: Think "humour"
>
> Tony

I was!!!!! I thought you were being serious though. lol.

Maureen