OT: Automated message from BT

Peter B

Guest
From my inbox:

"Hello [email protected],

You are currently exceeding your Yahoo! Mail storage quota by a very large
amount. You are only allowed -2048.0MB of storage but you are currently
using 0.8MB of storage. Your account has been temporarily disabled from
receiving new messages."

How do I get my usage into minus figures? ;-)

--
Regards,
Pete

Peter B wrote:

> From my inbox:
>
> "Hello [email protected],
>
> You are currently exceeding your Yahoo! Mail storage quota by a very large
> amount. You are only allowed -2048.0MB of storage but you are currently
> using 0.8MB of storage. Your account has been temporarily disabled from
> receiving new messages."
>
> How do I get my usage into minus figures? ;-)

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/15/1226202&mode=thread&tid=126&tid=95
explains why the move to 2GB. Maybe they need to set some users'
mailboxes to -2GB to make sure they have enough space?

--
Mark.

Peter B wrote:
> From my inbox:
>
> "Hello [email protected],
>
> You are currently exceeding your Yahoo! Mail storage quota by a very
> large amount. You are only allowed -2048.0MB of storage but you are
> currently using 0.8MB of storage. Your account has been temporarily
> disabled from receiving new messages."
>
> How do I get my usage into minus figures? ;-)

Try deleting the spam using http://www.mail2web.com/

~PB

In news:[email protected],
Mark Tranchant <[email protected]> typed:
> Peter B wrote:
>
>> From my inbox:
>>
>> "Hello [email protected],
>>
>> You are currently exceeding your Yahoo! Mail storage quota by a very
>> large amount. You are only allowed -2048.0MB of storage but you are
>> currently using 0.8MB of storage. Your account has been temporarily
>> disabled from receiving new messages."
>>
>> How do I get my usage into minus figures? ;-)

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/15/1226202&mode=thread&tid=126&tid=
95
> explains why the move to 2GB. Maybe they need to set some users'
> mailboxes to -2GB to make sure they have enough space?

Or they used a 32 bit signed int, and you were lucky enough to be given the
full 2 gigs = 2^31 = -1

"Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From my inbox:
>
> "Hello [email protected],
>
> You are currently exceeding your Yahoo! Mail storage quota by a very large
> amount. You are only allowed -2048.0MB of storage but you are currently
> using 0.8MB of storage. Your account has been temporarily disabled from
> receiving new messages."
>
> How do I get my usage into minus figures? ;-)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Pete

On the off chance that you havn't sorted this out, the BT support helpline
has a message saying it's a cockup and to ignore it.

Cheers
John