OT: Barack Hussein Obama wants to decommission Usenet!

>> Jay, I hate to say this, but you are coming off as if you are 13 years
>> old! Read, research, listen--except for Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh,
>> Mark Davis, et al. Do your own information gathering instead of letting
>> those wing nuts tell you what to believe.
>>

> My dear RBT friend Pat:
>
> Please try to keep up. All RBT knows I am 54 years old. This is well
> documented, even by those who flunked out of Google Search 101. I have
> been told, I am the easiest person to find on the Internet. While this
> might be a stretch, I think someone of your demonstrated Internet
> abilities should be equal to the challenge. I encourage you to 'go for
> it', trite and cliched as that may sound.
>
> I wish you good luck!
>
> J.

I didn't say your ARE 13, I said by the things you are writing, you are
appearing to be 13. Big difference. Someone who obsesses over a candidate's
MIDDLE name? Sheesh? Where were you when Milhouse was in the news?

Pat in TX

On Mar 10, 9:10 am, "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > America is enjoying the results of our great Republican president's
> > anti-terrorist strategy. If the Democrats win the presidency, with their
> > 'let's all embrace, and share the love' feel-good thing, the
> > anti-terrorism honeymoon will be over. But it will then be too late.

> > J.

>  I have just read two books you really should read. One is called The Bush
> Tragedy and the other is Downfall of the House of Bush. Your 'great'
> president will go down in history as one of the worst.  You are such a
> Kool-Aid drinker, Jay, that it is amazing!
>
> Pat in TX

Nah, I don't read books anymore. I wait for someone else to read the
book, and post a one-paragraph executive summary online.

I do agree that Bush 43 is only a shadow of Bush 41. The elder had the
good sense not to invade Iraq. But some companies have made huge
wartime profits. I remember seeing a TV live broadcast, when Bush Lite
first realized he had been elected. He looked just like a deer in
headlights. I think at that moment, he realized he was in way over his
head. I was very concerned for the country at that moment, and that
concern was well founded.

J.

<[email protected]> wrote in message

> Actually, I didn't give a f.. about any of the candidates and wasn't
> going to vote for anyone. I think that they are all crooks and are
> owned by the big pharma, and all the other corporations. The amount of
> money they are raising in their campaigns is unreal.
>
> However, now that I know that Obama is a radical muslim, affiliated to
> terrorists, I will certainly vote for him. Thanks for the inside
> scoop. That would be my only motivation to get out and vote.

OK...I will type this...very...slowly...so...perhaps...you can keep up.

I never said or intimated that BHO is a 'radical muslim'. I did say that
BHO's family religion is Islam, which is a documented fact. He personally is
apparently Christian, but the trouble with BHO is, one does not really know
what he stands for. All his 'present' votes in the senate, to my mind, mean
he is afraid to take a stand on sensitive issues. That might be politically
smart, but that is NOT how our elected reps should act, IMO. I agree
politicians (on both sides of the aisle) are mostly slimy weasels, looking
out for their own personal self interest, not for the good of their
constituents. And they are all in bed with the lobbyists.

So you see, every sentence gets ever more depressing. That is why I try to
completely avoid political discussions. Recently, I know I have failed
*miserably*, as LO will attest. I hope he is not too PO'ed at me. I clearly
need all the RBT expert bike help I can get. LO might not be Sheldon-esque,
but his response time can't be beat.

"Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>>> Jay, I hate to say this, but you are coming off as if you are 13 years
>>> old! Read, research, listen--except for Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh,
>>> Mark Davis, et al. Do your own information gathering instead of letting
>>> those wing nuts tell you what to believe.
>>>

>> My dear RBT friend Pat:
>>
>> Please try to keep up. All RBT knows I am 54 years old. This is well
>> documented, even by those who flunked out of Google Search 101. I have
>> been told, I am the easiest person to find on the Internet. While this
>> might be a stretch, I think someone of your demonstrated Internet
>> abilities should be equal to the challenge. I encourage you to 'go for
>> it', trite and cliched as that may sound.
>>
>> I wish you good luck!
>>
>> J.

> I didn't say your ARE 13, I said by the things you are writing, you are
> appearing to be 13. Big difference. Someone who obsesses over a
> candidate's MIDDLE name? Sheesh? Where were you when Milhouse was in the
> news?
>
> Pat in TX

OK, Pat in TX...I know you are a really bright guy, some in RBT say
borderline bike genius. I NO you will be able to follow this train of
thought. If you cannot, it will be MY fault, for not expressing my argument
clearly enough:

Are you suggesting, I should read BOOKS? I work in a state university
library. Books surround me every day. But 'books on the shelf' are giving
way to online resources. This means we need just as many librarians as
before, but with different (computer-savvy) skills. I have not read a book,
cover to cover, since undergrad, 30 years ago. Reading books puts me to
sleep, always has. I need executive summaries, otherwise all you will hear
is snoring.

So what is your problem with the name Milhouse? A great distinguished,
distinctive name! RMN was a genius, but fatally flawed, psychotic paranoid
at the very end (talking to WH portraits - what's up with that?). Opened up
China, and you see what THAT has done. And there was that DC hotel thing, I
forget the name of it...

J.

In article <[email protected]>,
A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:

> > "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> The liberal mainstream press has the USA masses brainwashed.

> Tim McNamara wrote:
> > You're funny.

> Most USAians think news readers are 'reporters'.
> Laugh or cry.

Once upon a time, they usually were reporters before they got into the
big chair. Not so much any more unfortunately. Now they're models,
hired to look decorative while they sounds out the words.

Well, that's not universally true, of course. But it seems to have been
the trend for a long time now.

"Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Well, that's not universally true, of course. But it seems to have been
> the trend for a long time now.

Metallica RULES!

oh, sorry, wrong ng, duh...

Wingnet J (who just got his bran' new Electra Fred-Bike)!

Giddy J.

In article
<7e9f6cba-f11a-495a-bead-1438107cf47a@n58g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
Jay <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mar 10, 9:10 am, "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > America is enjoying the results of our great Republican
> > > president's anti-terrorist strategy. If the Democrats win the
> > > presidency, with their 'let's all embrace, and share the love'
> > > feel-good thing, the anti-terrorism honeymoon will be over. But
> > > it will then be too late.

> > > J.

> >  I have just read two books you really should read. One is called
> > The Bush Tragedy and the other is Downfall of the House of Bush.
> > Your 'great' president will go down in history as one of the worst.
> >  You are such a Kool-Aid drinker, Jay, that it is amazing!
> >
> > Pat in TX
> >

> Nah, I don't read books anymore. I wait for someone else to read the
> book, and post a one-paragraph executive summary online.
>
> I do agree that Bush 43 is only a shadow of Bush 41. The elder had
> the good sense not to invade Iraq.

Ummmm. US and coalition forces invaded Iraq on February 24, 1991.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War#Coalition_forces_enter_Iraq

What GHWB did not do was infinitely expand the mission beyond all sense
and rationality. Richard Perle, Donald Rumsfeld, Vin Weber, John
Bolton, Paul Wolfowitz, et al thought this was a mistake and seized upon
Shrub's presidency as an opportunity to clean up the "ragged ending" of
the Gulf War, capitalizing shamelessly and heinously on 9/11 to achieve
that end. You can see how well *that* turned out.

It's interesting to see the signatories of the following letter and
count how many of them have held high office in the Bush Administration:

http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm

The was was inevitable once GWB was selected to office.

> But some companies have made huge wartime profits. I remember seeing
> a TV live broadcast, when Bush Lite first realized he had been
> elected. He looked just like a deer in headlights. I think at that
> moment, he realized he was in way over his head. I was very concerned
> for the country at that moment, and that concern was well founded.

Indeed.

"Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> But some companies have made huge wartime profits. I remember seeing
>> a TV live broadcast, when Bush Lite first realized he had been
>> elected. He looked just like a deer in headlights. I think at that
>> moment, he realized he was in way over his head. I was very concerned
>> for the country at that moment, and that concern was well founded.

> Indeed.

OK, Timmy Mac; I fear it is just you and me, speaking the truth, against the
rest of the world? Looks like, we have our work cut out for us, in Election
2008. And I think LO hates my guts. He is a formidable foe. He certainly
knows how to press SEND. More later.

J.

On Mar 10, 5:26 pm, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Actually, I didn't give a f.. about any of the candidates and wasn't
> > going to vote for anyone. I think that they are all crooks and are
> > owned by the big pharma, and all the other corporations. The amount of
> > money they are raising in their campaigns is unreal.

> > However, now that I know that Obama is a radical muslim, affiliated to
> > terrorists, I will certainly vote for him. Thanks for the inside
> > scoop. That would be my only motivation to get out and vote.

> OK...I will type this...very...slowly...so...perhaps...you can keep up.
>
> I never said or intimated that BHO is a 'radical muslim'. I did say that
> BHO's family religion is Islam, which is a documented fact. He personally is
> apparently Christian, but the trouble with BHO is, one does not really know
> what he stands for. All his 'present' votes in the senate, to my mind, mean
> he is afraid to take a stand on sensitive issues. That might be politically
> smart, but that is NOT how our elected reps should act, IMO. I agree
> politicians (on both sides of the aisle) are mostly slimy weasels, looking
> out for their own personal self interest, not for the good of their
> constituents. And they are all in bed with the lobbyists.
>
> So you see, every sentence gets ever more depressing. That is why I try to
> completely avoid political discussions. Recently, I know I have failed
> *miserably*, as LO will attest. I hope he is not too PO'ed at me. I clearly
> need all the RBT expert bike help I can get. LO might not be Sheldon-esque,
> but his response time can't be beat.

Jay:

I wanna thank you for going slow. You know, not everyone is as
sophisticated, witty and astute as you are and some things may escape
me since I am kind of slow myself. While I am not quite as bright as
you, I think that I was trying to make a point that may have escaped
you. Of course, this is more likely due to me rather than due to any
limitations on your part. So, to pay you inkind, I will also try to go
slow with my unsophisticated response.

You see, these dialogs do not occur in a contextual void, but there
is something that is called context that permeates into every
conversation. So, within the context of the mainstream, there is some
unsophistication, such as mine, that tends to blend things together.
Most Americans don't know what a Muslim is, or what they stand for. To
many, Muslim is anti Christian, terrorist, radical and violent. Of
course, as Tom pointed out, most Muslims are peaceful and only a tiny
minority engages in acts of violence. However, the media has
manipulated the American mindset to create the image of terrorist tied
to references to Arab, Muslim, middle eastern, etc. Names like Ossama
and Hussein quickly and unfairly cause fear and discrimination, even
thought there are thousands of peaceful Ossamas and Husseins in the
world.

Of course, some have used this to try to associate Obama to terrorism.
Knowing that reference to Islam brings fear into millions of ignorant
Americans many have made the association between Obama and Islam with,
just that intention. Americans of course don't know differences in the
middle east and central Asia and think that it is all the same
cauldron of terrorists. That is why it was easy to blame Iraq for the
actions of a few radical Saudis. Never mind that Saddam was the
furthest from extreme Islam or the beliefs of radical Wahabbies.

So, when you associate Obama to Islam and Ossama, Hussein, etc, what
you are doing is praying on the ignorance and fear of must Americans
to not distinguish between Islam and radical Islam. Of course, you
knew this and that is why you started the thread. Either that, or you
are truly a lot slower than most here.

:::snip:::

> You see, these dialogs do not occur in a contextual void, but there
> is something that is called context that permeates into every
> conversation.

So, this "context" thing is like, um, The Force?

--max

On Mar 11, 12:47 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> :::snip:::
>

> > You see, these dialogs do not occur in a contextual void, but there
> > is something that is called context that permeates into every
> > conversation.

> So, this "context" thing is like, um, The Force?
>
> --max

How about The Matrix. I think that it is symbolically more precise.

On Mar 11, 3:32 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mar 11, 12:47 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > :::snip:::

> > > You see, these dialogs do not occur in a contextual void, but there
> > > is something that is called context that permeates into every
> > > conversation.

> > So, this "context" thing is like, um, The Force?

> > --max

> How about The Matrix. I think that it is symbolically more precise.

Good thinking. But I still think we need to measure the candidates'
midichlorian counts, if for no other reason than to be able to say,
"Strong with this one, the Force is."

In article
<728d057d-8f2f-4ee9-907b-3f6145682e81@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
[email protected] wrote:

> :::snip:::
> >
> > You see, these dialogs do not occur in a contextual void, but
> > there is something that is called context that permeates into every
> > conversation.

> So, this "context" thing is like, um, The Force?

With you the context is.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Well, that's not universally true, of course. But it seems to have
> > been the trend for a long time now.
> >

> Metallica RULES!

I dig Jerry and Bobby and Phil the rest of the guys. And Ornette and
Tal and Wes and Bird and Diz. To each their own, I say.

I like the Green Mountain Man: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxBT1pfVAKQ>.

<[email protected]> wrote in message

I hereby declare this thread, *officially closed*, and without any merit
whatsoever.

Let's all focus on something more important.

J.

Tim McNamara wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Facts and the interest to check them, apparently.
>>>

>> I do check my facts carefully before posting. Could you please
>> elaborate? Which facts do you question? I do believe his middle name,
>> given to him proudly by his parents at birth, is Hussein. Am I
>> incorrect? Please cite your sources, to the contrary. To my
>> knowledge, Hussein has not denied that his middle name is in fact,
>> Hussein.

> What's his middle name got to do with anything? [...]

It reminds me of the good friend of the US, the late King Hussein of Jordan.

Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Tim McNamara wrote:
> > > You're funny.

> > Most USAians think news readers are 'reporters'.
> > Laugh or cry.

> Once upon a time, they usually were reporters before they got into the
> big chair. Not so much any more unfortunately. Now they're models,
> hired to look decorative while they sounds out the words.

Let's not mince words: meat puppets.

--
Michael Press

On Mar 11, 8:41 pm, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I hereby declare this thread, *officially closed*, and without any merit
> whatsoever.
>
> Let's all focus on something more important.
>
> J.

Well, in that case, I cheer to that, especially since I am going on
vacation tomorrow :)