OT: Behind the scenes at the White House

Hey, I like corws. they are really smart animals and really cool. Why
do you chose to offend the crows? I think that they deserve more
respect than that.

Andres

[email protected] wrote:
> Hey, I like corws. they are really smart animals and really cool. Why
> do you chose to offend the crows? I think that they deserve more
> respect than that.
>
> Andres

Hey, take it up with the White House; earlier today one of Dim Dub's
mouthpieces admitted the Prez would be "eating a little crow" during
lunch. :)

[email protected] wrote:
> Hey, I like corws. they are really smart animals and really cool. Why
> do you chose to offend the crows? I think that they deserve more
> respect than that.

Do not sleep under a tree where migrating crows are roosting for the
night. Several hundred crows produce a LOT of droppings! :(

--
Tom Sherman - Post Free or Die!

"Johnny Sunset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [email protected] wrote:
> > Hey, I like corws. they are really smart animals and really cool. Why
> > do you chose to offend the crows? I think that they deserve more
> > respect than that.

> Do not sleep under a tree where migrating crows are roosting for the
> night. Several hundred crows produce a LOT of droppings! :(

At my elementary school we had to stop bringing our lunches in bags, we had
to switch to lunchboxes, the crows stole too many of our lunches when they
were in brown bags. They rarely attempted to take off with a lunchbox.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> At my elementary school we had to stop bringing our lunches in bags, we had
> to switch to lunchboxes, the crows stole too many of our lunches when they
> were in brown bags. They rarely attempted to take off with a lunchbox.

Wow. Just wow
\\paul

> "Johnny Sunset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> [email protected] wrote:
>> > Hey, I like corws. they are really smart animals and really cool. Why
>> > do you chose to offend the crows? I think that they deserve more
>> > respect than that.

>> Do not sleep under a tree where migrating crows are roosting for the
>> night. Several hundred crows produce a LOT of droppings! :(
>>

> At my elementary school we had to stop bringing our lunches in bags, we
> had
> to switch to lunchboxes, the crows stole too many of our lunches when they
> were in brown bags. They rarely attempted to take off with a lunchbox.
>
> Greg

I think a seagull would. I'll never forget seeing a seagull ****** a side
order of
coleslaw and swallowing it, including the paper container. We watched
laughing as
a woman tried to protect her family's dinner from a gull. Besides the slaw
the gull
got a burger, some fries, and a Coke. Pigs with wings.

JP wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Johnny Sunset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Do not sleep under a tree where migrating crows are roosting for the
>>> night. Several hundred crows produce a LOT of droppings! :(
>>>

>> At my elementary school we had to stop bringing our lunches in bags, we
>> had
>> to switch to lunchboxes, the crows stole too many of our lunches when they
>> were in brown bags. They rarely attempted to take off with a lunchbox.
>>
>> Greg
>>

> I think a seagull would. I'll never forget seeing a seagull ****** a side
> order of
> coleslaw and swallowing it, including the paper container. We watched
> laughing as
> a woman tried to protect her family's dinner from a gull. Besides the slaw
> the gull
> got a burger, some fries, and a Coke. Pigs with wings.

Heh,
I was working on a boat once and one seagull landed on the shoulders of
another, since all the pier posts had a bird on them. The gull on the
bottom put up with it for about a minute and then jumped out from under
and took off. The bird on top, unruffled, just dropped down onto the
piling. You should see the show they put on at the restaurants in San
Francisco when the chef throws out the leftovers. Everybody stops eating
to watch the aerial acrobatics and the gulls never have mid air
collisions. They will even fly upside down to grab a snack from another.
You have to see it sometime.
Bill Baka

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JP wrote:
>> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> "Johnny Sunset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>>>
>>> At my elementary school we had to stop bringing our lunches in bags, we
>>> had
>>> to switch to lunchboxes, the crows stole too many of our lunches when
>>> they
>>> were in brown bags. They rarely attempted to take off with a lunchbox.
>>>
>>> Greg
>>>

>> I think a seagull would. I'll never forget seeing a seagull ****** a
>> side order of
>> coleslaw and swallowing it, including the paper container. We watched
>> laughing as
>> a woman tried to protect her family's dinner from a gull. Besides the
>> slaw the gull
>> got a burger, some fries, and a Coke. Pigs with wings.

> Heh,
> I was working on a boat once and one seagull landed on the shoulders of
> another, since all the pier posts had a bird on them. The gull on the
> bottom put up with it for about a minute and then jumped out from under
> and took off. The bird on top, unruffled, just dropped down onto the
> piling. You should see the show they put on at the restaurants in San
> Francisco when the chef throws out the leftovers. Everybody stops eating
> to watch the aerial acrobatics and the gulls never have mid air
> collisions. They will even fly upside down to grab a snack from another.
> You have to see it sometime.
> Bill Baka

In Illinois we had more sense than California. Our lockers were indoors and
so were our lunches. . . No birds here. I carried a sack lunch through 4
years of high school at two different locations and two years of Junior
High, too.

School, the only place besides prison where we count the inmates 7 times a
day.

Charles of Schaumburg

n5hsr wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> JP wrote:
>>> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I think a seagull would. I'll never forget seeing a seagull ****** a
>>> side order of
>>> coleslaw and swallowing it, including the paper container. We watched
>>> laughing as
>>> a woman tried to protect her family's dinner from a gull. Besides the
>>> slaw the gull
>>> got a burger, some fries, and a Coke. Pigs with wings.

>> Heh,
>> I was working on a boat once and one seagull landed on the shoulders of
>> another, since all the pier posts had a bird on them. The gull on the
>> bottom put up with it for about a minute and then jumped out from under
>> and took off. The bird on top, unruffled, just dropped down onto the
>> piling. You should see the show they put on at the restaurants in San
>> Francisco when the chef throws out the leftovers. Everybody stops eating
>> to watch the aerial acrobatics and the gulls never have mid air
>> collisions. They will even fly upside down to grab a snack from another.
>> You have to see it sometime.
>> Bill Baka

> In Illinois we had more sense than California. Our lockers were indoors and
> so were our lunches. . .

Lockers in the 3rd grade? The only thing I brought to school was lunch,
and the occasional show-and-tell which stayed in the classroom.

Plus, even if we had lockers we would still play outside for 44 minutes
of lunch before we spent 1 minute wolfing down our lunch which had been
sitting on a bench tempting the crows.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

n5hsr wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Bill Baka

> In Illinois we had more sense than California. Our lockers were indoors and
> so were our lunches. . . No birds here. I carried a sack lunch through 4
> years of high school at two different locations and two years of Junior
> High, too.
>
> School, the only place besides prison where we count the inmates 7 times a
> day.
>
> Charles of Schaumburg

I grew up in Illinois so I know what you mean. Birds were a non-issue
there and the schools were sort of locked down. Once you were in that
was it for the day.
Memories of conformity.
Then I moved to California and got culture shock.
Bill Baka

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> n5hsr wrote:
>> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Bill Baka

>> In Illinois we had more sense than California. Our lockers were indoors
>> and so were our lunches. . . No birds here. I carried a sack lunch
>> through 4 years of high school at two different locations and two years
>> of Junior High, too.
>>
>> School, the only place besides prison where we count the inmates 7 times
>> a day.
>>
>> Charles of Schaumburg

> I grew up in Illinois so I know what you mean. Birds were a non-issue
> there and the schools were sort of locked down. Once you were in that was
> it for the day.
> Memories of conformity.
> Then I moved to California and got culture shock.
> Bill Baka

Can we PLEASE sell the fruits and nuts back to Mexico? It would make it
cheaper for them to get their nose candy. But they probably wouldn't want
West Hollywood or SanFrancisco. They'd probably charge us to take them
off our hands.

Charles of Schaumburg

n5hsr wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> n5hsr wrote:
>>> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>> In Illinois we had more sense than California. Our lockers were indoors
>>> and so were our lunches. . . No birds here. I carried a sack lunch
>>> through 4 years of high school at two different locations and two years
>>> of Junior High, too.
>>>
>>> School, the only place besides prison where we count the inmates 7 times
>>> a day.
>>>
>>> Charles of Schaumburg

>> I grew up in Illinois so I know what you mean. Birds were a non-issue
>> there and the schools were sort of locked down. Once you were in that was
>> it for the day.
>> Memories of conformity.
>> Then I moved to California and got culture shock.
>> Bill Baka

> Can we PLEASE sell the fruits and nuts back to Mexico? It would make it
> cheaper for them to get their nose candy. But they probably wouldn't want
> West Hollywood or SanFrancisco. They'd probably charge us to take them
> off our hands.
>
> Charles of Schaumburg

Without the fruits and nuts the population of this state might just be
me and Arnold.
Bill

di wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>> Without the fruits and nuts the population of this state might just be me
>> and Arnold.
>> Bill

> Make that population figure "Zero"

Nope.
It would be nice to ride on the freeway with no traffic.
All this state needs is about 30 million less people.
Bill

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JP wrote:
> > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> "Johnny Sunset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

Why

the

> >> At my elementary school we had to stop bringing our lunches in

bags, we
> >> had
> >> to switch to lunchboxes, the crows stole too many of our lunches

when they
> >> were in brown bags. They rarely attempted to take off with a

lunchbox.

> >> Greg
> >>

> > I think a seagull would. I'll never forget seeing a seagull ******

a side
> > order of
> > coleslaw and swallowing it, including the paper container. We

watched
> > laughing as
> > a woman tried to protect her family's dinner from a gull. Besides

the slaw
> > the gull
> > got a burger, some fries, and a Coke. Pigs with wings.
> >

> Heh,
> I was working on a boat once and one seagull landed on the shoulders

of
> another, since all the pier posts had a bird on them. The gull on the
> bottom put up with it for about a minute and then jumped out from

under
> and took off. The bird on top, unruffled, just dropped down onto the
> piling. You should see the show they put on at the restaurants in San
> Francisco when the chef throws out the leftovers. Everybody stops

eating
> to watch the aerial acrobatics and the gulls never have mid air
> collisions. They will even fly upside down to grab a snack from

another.
> You have to see it sometime.
> Bill Baka

We were salmon fishing off Point Reyes one time. A seal took the salmon
I had hooked and all that was left was the head. A gull picked up the
head as I was reeling in my line. That was some fun trying to reel in a
gull. We cut the line and let the gull go after we "landed" him.

Chas.

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JP wrote:
> > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> "Johnny Sunset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

Why

the

> >> At my elementary school we had to stop bringing our lunches in

bags, we
> >> had
> >> to switch to lunchboxes, the crows stole too many of our lunches

when they
> >> were in brown bags. They rarely attempted to take off with a

lunchbox.

> >> Greg
> >>

> > I think a seagull would. I'll never forget seeing a seagull ******

a side
> > order of
> > coleslaw and swallowing it, including the paper container. We

watched
> > laughing as
> > a woman tried to protect her family's dinner from a gull. Besides

the slaw
> > the gull
> > got a burger, some fries, and a Coke. Pigs with wings.
> >

> Heh,
> I was working on a boat once and one seagull landed on the shoulders

of
> another, since all the pier posts had a bird on them. The gull on the
> bottom put up with it for about a minute and then jumped out from

under
> and took off. The bird on top, unruffled, just dropped down onto the
> piling. You should see the show they put on at the restaurants in San
> Francisco when the chef throws out the leftovers. Everybody stops

eating
> to watch the aerial acrobatics and the gulls never have mid air
> collisions. They will even fly upside down to grab a snack from

another.
> You have to see it sometime.
> Bill Baka

Gulls - winged rats, worse than pigeons! Got dive bombed several times
on the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.... Splat....

Learned to wear a hat when visiting! ;-)

Chas.