OT: Bond Set At $150,000 For Teen Arrested In Bicycle Robbery

vey

Guest
http://www.witntv.com/home/headlines/12504381.html

(from Greenville North Carolina)

A Greenville teen is in jail on a $150,000 bond after police say he
robbed a 12 year old of their bike and cash.

Tyrone Williams is charged with common robbery. Police say it happened
on Fleming Street, near Roosevelt Street on Tuesday.

Officers say Williams indicated he had a gun and took the child's
bicycle and a small amount of cash.

It's not the first time the 16 year old has been in trouble. Police say
in September he was arrested for a similar robbery, this one involving a
44 year old victim.

He was out on bond for the September robbery when police arrested him
for Tuesday's theft.

In article <[email protected]>,
vey <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://www.witntv.com/home/headlines/12504381.html
>
> (from Greenville North Carolina)
>
> A Greenville teen is in jail on a $150,000 bond after police say he
> robbed a 12 year old of their bike and cash.
>
> Tyrone Williams is charged with common robbery. Police say it
> happened on Fleming Street, near Roosevelt Street on Tuesday.
>
> Officers say Williams indicated he had a gun and took the child's
> bicycle and a small amount of cash.
>
> It's not the first time the 16 year old has been in trouble. Police
> say in September he was arrested for a similar robbery, this one
> involving a 44 year old victim.
>
> He was out on bond for the September robbery when police arrested him
> for Tuesday's theft.

Hmmm. Not so good at learning from his mistakes, then.

Tim McNamara wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> vey <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> http://www.witntv.com/home/headlines/12504381.html
>>
>> (from Greenville North Carolina)
>>
>> A Greenville teen is in jail on a $150,000 bond after police say he
>> robbed a 12 year old of their bike and cash.
>>
>> Tyrone Williams is charged with common robbery. Police say it
>> happened on Fleming Street, near Roosevelt Street on Tuesday.
>>
>> Officers say Williams indicated he had a gun and took the child's
>> bicycle and a small amount of cash.
>>
>> It's not the first time the 16 year old has been in trouble. Police
>> say in September he was arrested for a similar robbery, this one
>> involving a 44 year old victim.
>>
>> He was out on bond for the September robbery when police arrested him
>> for Tuesday's theft.

> Hmmm. Not so good at learning from his mistakes, then.

Back in the early '60's, my dad thought it would be a swell idea if we
moved into town. The 16-year-old dropouts from the high school used to
prey on us little kids and beat us up to steal our 3 cents that we
carried for milk money and our lunch. If we had a bike or a baseball
mitt, they stole that, too. These guys didn't use guns, but they did use
knives as deadly weapons and if you complained, you got cut, simple as that.

I'm glad to see one judge that finally realizes that petty crimes need
to be dealt with. It's about time.

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:34:49 -0500, vey <[email protected]> may have
said:

>I'm glad to see one judge that finally realizes that petty crimes need
>to be dealt with. It's about time.

And in this case, it wasn't so petty. Committing robbery while on
probation or out on bail from another charge merits precisely the
response that the judge gave. May it happen more often. My personal
vote of thanks goes to the police department that dion't just blow it
off as beneath their importance; many cops "can't be bothered" to deal
with things like this.