OT but funny

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Wafflycathcsdir, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. I was doing the supermarket shopping this afternoon. I was by the magazine stand looking for a copy
    of the comic or Cycling Plus. None to be seen, but there was something else that caused me to burst
    out laughing. You know how lots of mags now come in clear plastic wrapeers as they have supplements,
    freebies, ads attached - well, there was this mag "Coarse fishing" in a clear plastic wrapper. The
    label on the wrapper covered the first two letters of the title of the mag, but the rest stood out
    very boldly ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    Tags:

  2. On 19 Mar 2003 17:03:09 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) in
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    new keyboard please!
    --
    Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    the @ sign

  3. >new keyboard please!

    Told you it was funny :)

    I had a desire to put on a stern shopper face and insist on seeing the manager
    - to drag him off to the rack the mag was on - full of false horror and then fall about laughing
    when I pointed out the mag to him :)

    But I was a good girl.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  4. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    Helen. Best laugh I have had all week. Thanks.

    Stan Cox

    > I was doing the supermarket shopping this afternoon. I was by the magazine stand looking for a
    > copy of the comic or Cycling Plus. None to be seen,
    but
    > there was something else that caused me to burst out laughing. You know
    how
    > lots of mags now come in clear plastic wrapeers as they have supplements, freebies, ads attached -
    > well, there was this mag "Coarse fishing" in a
    clear
    > plastic wrapper. The label on the wrapper covered the first two letters of
    the
    > title of the mag, but the rest stood out very boldly ;-)
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >

    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
    > reply!
    >
    > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
    keyboaRRRDdd
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. >Helen. Best laugh I have had all week. Thanks.

    >Stan Cox

    Most welcome.

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  6. In message <[email protected]>, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter
    <[email protected]> writes
    >>Helen. Best laugh I have had all week. Thanks.
    >>
    >>Stan Cox
    >
    >Most welcome.
    >
    >~~~~~~~~~~
    >Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!
    >
    >Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
    >~~~~~~~~~~
    Someone on r.b.r just posted the text from the following link. I haven't done likewise following the
    recent thread about posting links but will if asked. It's very good and, apparently, credited to
    John Cleese.

    http://www.satirewire.com/news/jan02/axis.shtml
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  7. "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was doing the supermarket shopping this afternoon. I was by the magazine stand looking for a
    > copy of the comic or Cycling Plus. None to be seen,
    but
    > there was something else that caused me to burst out laughing. You know
    how
    > lots of mags now come in clear plastic wrapeers as they have supplements, freebies, ads attached -
    > well, there was this mag "Coarse fishing" in a
    clear
    > plastic wrapper. The label on the wrapper covered the first two letters of
    the
    > title of the mag, but the rest stood out very boldly ;-)

    Would the free gift have been useful for such an enterprise?

    > Cheers, helen s

  8. Mark

    Mark Guest

    "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter"
    > I had a desire to put on a stern shopper face and insist on seeing the
    manager
    > - to drag him off to the rack the mag was on - full of false horror and
    then
    > fall about laughing when I pointed out the mag to him :)
    >
    > But I was a good girl.
    >
    > Cheers, helen s

    Should have done it.
    --
    mark

  9. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    Michael MacClancy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > It's very good and, apparently, credited to John Cleese.

    I'd be surprised if it was written by Cleese. It contains too many Americanisms, for one thing.

    --
    Dave...

  10. [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I was doing the supermarket shopping this afternoon. I was by the magazine stand looking for a
    > copy of the comic or Cycling Plus. None to be seen, but there was something else that caused me to
    > burst out laughing. You know how lots of mags now come in clear plastic wrapeers as they have
    > supplements, freebies, ads attached - well, there was this mag "Coarse fishing" in a clear plastic
    > wrapper. The label on the wrapper covered the first two letters of the title of the mag, but the
    > rest stood out very boldly ;-)

    Also to be seen in the same section is the dubiously-named "Total Carp"; good job that front pages
    of magazines aren't plagued by the sort of typos that the articles inside often suffer ;-)

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  11. >Would the free gift have been useful for such an enterprise?

    I must admit, I didn't look too closely ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  12. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On 20 Mar 2003 02:43:48 -0800, [email protected] (David E. Belcher) wrote:

    >Also to be seen in the same section is the dubiously-named "Total Carp"; good job that front pages
    >of magazines aren't plagued by the sort of typos that the articles inside often suffer ;-)

    Seen it & laughed at it too.

    I read in the paper a few days ago that a judge or magistrate threw out a jury member because he or
    she was wearing a FCUK T-shirt.

    James

    --
    A credit limit is NOT a target.