OT: by request, stache b'gone

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Technician, May 22, 2003.

  1. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tacomaboy

    Tacomaboy Guest

    > The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    >
    > have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    > to stop).
    > --
    > ~Travis
    >
    > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

    Nice improvement IMO. Looks like it hurts though, its tough shaving off heavy growth, and you
    usually end up with a good rash...

    BTW, and not to nit, but ever though of contacts? I cant stand wearing glasses myself... they make
    me feel.. seperated from everything.. plus it leaves your nose open for some slick shades when
    riding :) Now if only I wouldnt break my sunglasses all the time, I could get some nice Oakleys.

  3. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    >
    > have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    > to stop).
    > --
    > ~Travis
    >
    > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

    It's a start. I'm thinking the shaved head might suit you after you slim down a little. Keep
    it in mind.

    Matt (this is like an Oprah makeover or something - without the tears - yet)

    PS - Fashion Consultant may be my new calling...

  4. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    |
    | have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    | to stop).

    Dammit, I've always wanted a stache to be able to shave off.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/19/2003

  5. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    > >
    > > have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    > > to stop).
    > > --
    > > ~Travis
    > >
    > > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/
    >
    > It's a start. I'm thinking the shaved head might suit you after you slim down a little. Keep it
    > in mind.
    >
    > Matt (this is like an Oprah makeover or something - without the tears - yet)
    >
    > PS - Fashion Consultant may be my new calling...

    ROFLMAO

    "Welcome to the first episode of AM-B makeover. our first volunteer is Travis... uh, or is it
    Richard? who wrote this cue card anyway..."
    --
    ~Travis

  6. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    > >
    > > have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    > > to stop).
    > > --
    > > ~Travis
    > >
    > > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/
    >
    > Nice improvement IMO. Looks like it hurts though, its tough shaving off heavy growth, and you
    > usually end up with a good rash...

    yeah, i trimmed it down with scissors first, then shaved it. it's a little sore from razor burn, but
    i'll live, now that the bleeding has stopped ;-)

    > BTW, and not to nit, but ever though of contacts? I cant stand wearing glasses myself... they make
    > me feel.. seperated from everything.. plus it leaves your nose open for some slick shades when
    > riding :) Now if only I wouldnt break my sunglasses all the time, I could get some nice Oakleys.

    I tried contacts but i just couldn't get used to touching my eye, and they always felt like they
    were in wrong, so i went back to glasses. i will probably go for a smaller frame though next eye
    appointment (usually about once every 5 years or so, give or take 10 years).
    --
    ~Travis

  7. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    > |
    > | have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    > | to stop).
    >
    > Dammit, I've always wanted a stache to be able to shave off.

    Try it out and see. ;-)
    --
    ~Travis

  8. Tacomaboy

    Tacomaboy Guest

    > > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > The stache b'gone votes won unanimously.
    > > > http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    > > >
    > > > have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the
    > > > bleeding to stop).
    > > > --
    > > > ~Travis
    > > >
    > > > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/
    > >
    > > Nice improvement IMO. Looks like it hurts though, its tough shaving off heavy growth, and you
    > > usually end up with a good rash...
    > >

    > yeah, i trimmed it down with scissors first, then shaved it. it's a little sore from razor burn,
    > but i'll live, now that the bleeding has stopped ;-)
    >
    > > BTW, and not to nit, but ever though of contacts? I cant stand wearing glasses myself... they
    > > make me feel.. seperated from everything.. plus
    it
    > > leaves your nose open for some slick shades when riding :) Now if only
    > > wouldnt break my sunglasses all the time, I could get some nice Oakleys.
    > >

    > I tried contacts but i just couldn't get used to touching my eye, and they always felt like they
    > were in wrong, so i went back to glasses. i will probably go for a smaller frame though next eye
    > appointment (usually about once every 5 years or so, give or take 10 years).
    > --
    > ~Travis
    >
    > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

    It is tough to get used to contacts, impossible for some. I think smaller glasses would look pretty
    slick. Sorry to hear bout the bleeding. Does look good though.

  9. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > Nice improvement IMO. Looks like it hurts though, its tough shaving off heavy growth, and you
    > > > usually end up with a good rash...
    > > >

    > > yeah, i trimmed it down with scissors first, then shaved it. it's a little sore from razor burn,
    > > but i'll live, now that the bleeding has stopped ;-)
    > >
    > > > BTW, and not to nit, but ever though of contacts? I cant stand wearing glasses myself... they
    > > > make me feel.. seperated from everything.. plus
    > it
    > > > leaves your nose open for some slick shades when riding :) Now if only
    > > > wouldnt break my sunglasses all the time, I could get some nice Oakleys.
    > > >

    > > I tried contacts but i just couldn't get used to touching my eye, and they always felt like they
    > > were in wrong, so i went back to glasses. i will probably go for a smaller frame though next eye
    > > appointment (usually about once every 5 years or so, give or take 10 years).
    > > --
    > > ~Travis
    > >
    > > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/
    >
    > It is tough to get used to contacts, impossible for some. I think smaller glasses would look
    > pretty slick. Sorry to hear bout the bleeding. Does look good though.

    Glad it looks good, as i have a particularly slow growing stache, so it would take several months to
    grow back if it turned out wrong.

    The bleeding wasn't really as bad as i may have made it out to be (slight dramatic elaboration ;-)

    It doesn't feel as razor burned now and the redness is going away.
    --
    ~Travis

  10. Spider

    Spider Guest

    Technician wrote:
    > The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    >
    > have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    > to stop).

    Holy Shit! You're a full grown adult! From reading all of your juvenile posts, I assumed you were in
    your teens.

    BWHAHAHAHAH

    -Spider

  11. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Technician wrote:
    > > The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    > >
    > > have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    > > to stop).
    >
    > Holy Shit! You're a full grown adult! From reading all of your juvenile posts, I assumed you were
    > in your teens.
    >
    > BWHAHAHAHAH
    >
    > -Spider

    likewise
    --
    ~Travis

  12. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    TacomaBoy wrote:

    > It is tough to get used to contacts, impossible for some. I think smaller glasses would look
    > pretty slick. Sorry to hear bout the bleeding. Does look good though.

    Seconded. The lack of tash looks much better and smaller glasses or contacts would look good.

  13. Dick

    Dick Guest

    TacomaBoy wrote:
    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >>
    >>>"Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]...

    >>>Nice improvement IMO. Looks like it hurts though, its tough shaving off heavy growth, and you
    >>>usually end up with a good rash...
    >>>

    >>yeah, i trimmed it down with scissors first, then shaved it. it's a little sore from razor burn,
    >>but i'll live, now that the bleeding has stopped ;-)
    >>

    >>>BTW, and not to nit, but ever though of contacts? I cant stand wearing glasses myself... they
    >>>make me feel.. seperated from everything.. plus
    >
    > it
    >
    >>>leaves your nose open for some slick shades when riding :) Now if only

    >>>wouldnt break my sunglasses all the time, I could get some nice Oakleys.
    >>>

    >>I tried contacts but i just couldn't get used to touching my eye, and they always felt like they
    >>were in wrong, so i went back to glasses. i will probably go for a smaller frame though next eye
    >>appointment (usually about once every 5 years or so, give or take 10 years).
    >>--
    >>~Travis
    >>
    >>travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/
    >

    > It is tough to get used to contacts, impossible for some. I think smaller glasses would look
    > pretty slick. Sorry to hear bout the bleeding. Does look good though.

    Careful on how small you go. My new ones are a just a tad smaller than their predecessors but I
    notice a big difference in how much stuff sneaks past and gets into my eye. Of course, I think tech
    has quite a bit of breathing room before they get too small:)

  14. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, myarse247 @hotmail.com says...
    > TacomaBoy wrote:
    >
    > > It is tough to get used to contacts, impossible for some. I think smaller glasses would look
    > > pretty slick. Sorry to hear bout the bleeding. Does look good though.
    >
    > Seconded. The lack of tash looks much better and smaller glasses or contacts would look good.

    Hmmm, i may try contacts again. checked a mirror and IMO i do look better without glasses (that that
    i could see anyway).

    here is a pic for comparison. http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/no_glasses.jpg

    curiously, either my eyebrows are at different heights, or my head is crooked again (maybe i just
    over analyze too much)

    it does look like a totally different person though. for the better?
    --
    ~Travis

  15. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > TacomaBoy wrote:
    > > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    > >>yeah, i trimmed it down with scissors first, then shaved it. it's a little sore from razor burn,
    > >>but i'll live, now that the bleeding has stopped ;-)

    > > it

    > >>I tried contacts but i just couldn't get used to touching my eye, and they always felt like they
    > >>were in wrong, so i went back to glasses. i will probably go for a smaller frame though next eye
    > >>appointment (usually about once every 5 years or so, give or take 10 years).
    > >>--
    > >>~Travis
    > >>
    > >>travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/
    > >

    > > It is tough to get used to contacts, impossible for some. I think smaller glasses would look
    > > pretty slick. Sorry to hear bout the bleeding. Does look good though.
    > >

    > Careful on how small you go. My new ones are a just a tad smaller than their predecessors but I
    > notice a big difference in how much stuff sneaks past and gets into my eye. Of course, I think
    > tech has quite a bit of breathing room before they get too small:)

    and yet, i still manage to get stuff in my eyes.

    i think next eye doc visit i will try contacts again. then i can get some wrap around type
    sunglasses. not the true wrap around ones though, IMO they are ugly, just something that comes close
    to a facial fit, with air room to keep them from fogging, and regular bows.

    I think i will miss these frames though. only thing i ever had that was pure Ti.
    --
    ~Travis

  16. Tacomaboy

    Tacomaboy Guest

    > In article <[email protected]>, myarse247 @hotmail.com says...
    > > TacomaBoy wrote:
    > >
    > > > It is tough to get used to contacts, impossible for some. I think
    smaller
    > > > glasses would look pretty slick. Sorry to hear bout the bleeding.
    Does
    > > > look good though.
    > >
    > > Seconded. The lack of tash looks much better and smaller glasses or contacts would look good.
    > >

    > Hmmm, i may try contacts again. checked a mirror and IMO i do look better without glasses (that
    > that i could see anyway).
    >
    > here is a pic for comparison. http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/no_glasses.jpg
    >
    > curiously, either my eyebrows are at different heights, or my head is crooked again (maybe i just
    > over analyze too much)
    >
    > it does look like a totally different person though. for the better?
    > --
    > ~Travis
    >
    > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

    Yeah improvement again IMO. But who am I to say hehe... Don't get contacts on my account hehe. But,
    I think after you get used to em, they really do become your friend, and they help ones self
    esteem... Another reason I am out to lose 40 pounds!

  17. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Technician wrote:
    > > The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    > >
    > > have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    > > to stop).
    >
    > Holy Shit! You're a full grown adult! From reading all of your juvenile posts, I assumed you were
    > in your teens.
    >
    > BWHAHAHAHAH
    >
    > -Spider

    ROTFLMAO.....I was thinking the same thing. This is what I had pictured
    http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/1998/sailing/graphics/botty.gif oops, I mean
    http://www.macgregoss.qld.edu.au/qldwebchall/cigarettes/images/pimples.jpg

    Every time one of you guys post a picture of your mug it trips me out. Am I the only normal looking
    dewd on this ng!?!?!?!
    --
    Slacker

  18. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    | > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | > news:[email protected]...
    | > | The stache b'gone votes won unanimously.
    | > | http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    | > |
    | > | have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the
    | > | bleeding to stop).
    | >
    | > Dammit, I've always wanted a stache to be able to shave off.
    | >

    | Try it out and see. ;-)

    I can't, my beard would look like C. Everett Coop

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/19/2003

  19. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | Nelson Binch wrote:
    | > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | > news:[email protected]...
    | > | The stache b'gone votes won unanimously.
    | > | http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/stache_b_gone.jpg
    | > |
    | > | have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the
    | > | bleeding to stop).
    | >
    | > Dammit, I've always wanted a stache to be able to shave off.
    |

    | I'm sure Travis can sweep his up off the bathroom floor and mail it to
    you.

    Um...ew

    ---
    http://intergalax.com