OT: by request, stache b'gone

Penny S. wrote:
> BB thoughtfully penned:
>
>>This is getting to feel rather Oprah-ish...
>

> the Dr. Phil approach wasn't working.

Is it time for the group hug yet, so we can close this thread?

> Jon Bond wrote:
> > I'm not that abnormal lookin'!
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/16968390 (second from left)
>

> Typical W.Hartford/Simsbury Yuppie ******* Spawn, if you ask me.

I am fairly decked out there, yes. What you can't see are the Diesel jeans... (before you yell, I
got 'em for free from the rich Thai kid across the hall. I won't pay for anything more than Levis,
and then usually get 'em on sale...).

Usual attire is tshirt and hiking shorts. And a Marzocchi hat when I need a haircut ;)

Jon Bond

Technician wrote:

> I know there is a opening at my local super wallies in the tire and lube section, but i don't
> approve of their filter selection so i won't even grace them with my skills (and trust me, from
> what i have seen, i would be able to run the show compared to the guys they have now).

Aren't you a little bit too unemployed to be getting picky about jobs? If you think you could run
the show, why don't you? If you go in there and move rapidly through the ranks, it'll look a damn
site better on your CV than sitting at home and left-handed surfing.

BB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 22 May 2003 22:21:38 GMT, Jon Bond wrote:
>
> > I'm not that abnormal lookin'!
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/16968390 (second from left)
>
> We got a lot of "normal" looking people here. I know I could blend into a crowd without anyone
> noticing (guy on right with way-too-big shirt):
>
> http://bbauer.gomen.org/images/Ben-Me.jpg

Yeah, same here - always blending, me:

http://www.bombacommand.iwarp.com/shaun.htm

That's me, but now I gotz a different-ish 'do, and a little, long and wiggly beard on the tip of the
chin, hence : ',;~}~. Oh, yeah - the beard really does look like that, except when I hit the town
weekend nights, when it gets treated to being straight spiked, sometimes with red and yellow gel
(flame style). Like I said, always blending........ahem.....

Shaun aRe - you all already seen those photies anyhow.

P.s. - is black nail varnish really out these days? Heheheheh..........

You should update that link - it's now http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shaun/index.htm

> That's me, but now I gotz a different-ish 'do, and a little, long and wiggly beard on the tip of
> the chin, hence : ',;~}~. Oh, yeah - the beard really does look like that, except when I hit the
> town weekend nights, when it gets treated to being straight spiked, sometimes with red and yellow
> gel (flame style). Like I said, always blending........ahem.....

You can't buy style like that...

> Shaun aRe - you all already seen those photies anyhow.
>
> P.s. - is black nail varnish really out these days? Heheheheh..........

Compared to when it was 'in'?

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > Yeah, same here - always blending, me:
> >
> > http://www.bombacommand.iwarp.com/shaun.htm
>
> You should update that link - it's now http://www.j-harris.net/bike/shaun/index.htm

Aye, I know, but it worked when I tried it, and I couldn't be arsed finding the new one ',;~}~

> > That's me, but now I gotz a different-ish 'do, and a little, long and
wiggly
> > beard on the tip of the chin, hence : ',;~}~. Oh, yeah - the beard
really
> > does look like that, except when I hit the town weekend nights, when it
gets
> > treated to being straight spiked, sometimes with red and yellow gel
(flame
> > style). Like I said, always blending........ahem.....
>
> You can't buy style like that...

But you can sure as hell pay for it.

> > Shaun aRe - you all already seen those photies anyhow.
> >
> > P.s. - is black nail varnish really out these days? Heheheheh..........
>
> Compared to when it was 'in'?

Yeah, you know - Jesus and Mary Chain (and the rest), 'I wanna kill myself because life is soooo
dull and bad, oh no, I'm gonna take loads of paracetamol and vodka right now because all my clothes
came out the wash grey and my black lipstick won'tsmudge' and **** like that.

Shaun aRe - Well, at least mine's only on my toe nails.

news:[email protected]...

http://www.macgregoss.qld.edu.au/qldwebchall/cigarettes/images/pimples.jpg

> > > Every time one of you guys post a picture of your mug it trips me out.
> Am
> > I the only normal looking dewd on this ng!?!?!?!
> > > --
> > > Slacker
> >
> > I'm not that abnormal lookin'!
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/16968390 (second from left)
>
> You look like a college guy. The rest of them really are scary as ****.
>
> http://plaza.ufl.edu/phillee/****/turtle.jpg
>
> I look normal, don't I?

Ummmm... can you define 'normal' for me again.... ;-)
--
Westie

"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 23 May 2003 14:53:14 +1200, Westie wrote:
>
> > Who's Ben Stein?
>
> A guy who had a pretty decent game show on a cable comedy channel for awhile. He's also been on
> some movies and commercials, most notably the monotone teacher on "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".
>
> Anyone? Anyone?
>
> ...oh and he also was a speechwriter for Richard Nixon and he's a damn smart guy. On his show,
> people would win $5,000 for beating him in a trivia game.
>
> --
> -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

Ok. He's been around obviously. :)
--
Westie

> > I know there is a opening at my local super wallies in the tire and lube section, but i don't
> > approve of their filter selection so i won't even grace them with my skills (and trust me, from
> > what i have seen, i would be able to run the show compared to the guys they have now).
>
> What difference does their "filter" selection make? It's.. um.. a *job*, isn't it?

I have too much pride than to put a oil filter that has the equivalence of a piece of paper towel
into somebodies car. I would never use that **** in my car, and i will drop dead before i put it in
somebody else's.
--
~Travis

TDWFL <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >"Penny S." [email protected] wrote: >TDWFL thoughtfully
penned:
> >> couldn't get used to touching my eye, and
> >>
> >> How about surgery?
> >>
> >> tim
> >
> >you think the guy who can't afford a bike can afford LASIK? If nothing else, go for the $99
> >glasses fram update.
>
> Now that I read the whole thread I see you're correct. I've been too busy riding lately to check
> in here!

Shaun aRe

Technician wrote:

> I have too much pride than to put a oil filter that has the equivalence of a piece of paper towel
> into somebodies car. I would never use that **** in my car, and i will drop dead before i put it
> in somebody else's.

<sigh> Trav, it's supply and demand. People *want* that stuff. It is not your car, it is not your
company and it is not your personal responsibility to decide what someone installs in their own
car. If you feel that strongly, take the job and convince people to spend a bit more money on their
oil filters.

We've all had **** jobs at some point, but it all counts as experience. Don't look at it as a
permanent job, just a stop gap that will keep (I mean start) the money coming in and give you extra
experience that proves to future employers that you are capable of holding a position of
responsibility.

I sold mountain bike-shaped toys from an auto parts store for four years. Some of the stuff I sold
made Walgooses look good, yet it was great experience of working in a proper company and helped get
me my first job as an IT consultant. Added to which, it was great fun.

As I said in my other post, you are far too unemployed to be having ethics on, of all things, oil
filters. Get off your **** and apply for the job, before our last smidgeons of patience and sympathy
for you disappear.

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> <snip>
> >

> Matt
>
> PS - I think I look pretty "normal". Here's me if anyone's curious:
> http://mattb.net/images/misc/me_05-03.jpg Should I change my look? Maybe get glasses or grow a
> 'stache?

Thanks to BB, here's a shot of some "normal" AMB'ers:

I'm advertising for Greg Thomas on the left

http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/bridge.jpg

In the Gay Roadie jacket working on a bike:

http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/millertime.jpg

Paladin just folks

> Technician wrote:
>
> > I have too much pride than to put a oil filter that has the equivalence of a piece of paper
> > towel into somebodies car. I would never use that **** in my car, and i will drop dead before i
> > put it in somebody else's.

<snip>

> We've all had **** jobs at some point, but it all counts as experience. Don't look at it as a
> permanent job, just a stop gap that will keep (I mean start) the money coming in and give you
> extra experience that proves to future employers that you are capable of holding a position of
> responsibility.

<more snip>

Yeah, like when I was a video clerk. Renting **** was particularly distasteful at times. Like when
this one guy would rent on his lunch hour one day/week when the Mrs. was doing something else. He'd
bring back the tape in like 40 Minutes and he never rewound. The highlight of that job was a cute
college girl asking me to help her choose one (cue the "bow chica-wow-wow" music). It didn't end up
like a **** film or anything, but there was a certain element of novelty to it.

People would also come up with the latest Stallone or VanDamme film and ask "Is this good?". Most of
the time I hadn't seen it, but I could be pretty confident that it was utter ****. I'd smile and say
"Haven't seen it yet. People (thinking to myself "Idiots like you") do seem to like it.".

Having to fight the urge to answer the "What would you recommend?" question with "I recommend you
get off you fat ass and stop watching all these shitty movies and actually do something like ride
you bike or talk to your family for once!" was always a challenge.

It was a stepping stone and now I'm glad I put up with it all.

Matt

Paladin wrote:

> Thanks to BB, here's a shot of some "normal" AMB'ers:
>
> I'm advertising for Greg Thomas on the left
>
> http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/bridge.jpg
>
> In the Gay Roadie jacket working on a bike:
>
> http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/millertime.jpg

More "normal" AMB'ers: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/P1010002.JPG

From the left, Huw, some roadie, Shaun aRe and Dr Chequer.

> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > <snip>
> > >

> > Matt
> >
> > PS - I think I look pretty "normal". Here's me if anyone's curious:
> > http://mattb.net/images/misc/me_05-03.jpg Should I change my look? Maybe get glasses or grow
> > a 'stache?
>

> Thanks to BB, here's a shot of some "normal" AMB'ers:
>
> I'm advertising for Greg Thomas on the left
>
> http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/bridge.jpg
>
> In the Gay Roadie jacket working on a bike:
>
> http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/millertime.jpg
>
> Paladin just folks

It always seems to amaze me to see the real face behind an online name.
--
~Travis

> Paladin wrote:
>
> > Thanks to BB, here's a shot of some "normal" AMB'ers:
> >
> > I'm advertising for Greg Thomas on the left
> >
> > http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/bridge.jpg
> >
> > In the Gay Roadie jacket working on a bike:
> >
> > http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/millertime.jpg
>
> More "normal" AMB'ers: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/P1010002.JPG
>
> From the left, Huw, some roadie, Shaun aRe and Dr Chequer.

by golly Shaun, that looks like an AM-B headband.

Now, i know a while back there was a AM-B roster (still around?), but what we need now is a
collection of pictures to go with it.

Given that DSL has just come into my area, and i may be getting it, if so i could host it on my
server, though it still needs a bit of straightening up after the upgrade. but somebody could host
it, and maybe a few mirrors. IMO, it should be automated, but moderated (so folks don't just add
names to spite the server). i know enough PHP and MySQL to get by to make a fairly good site, just
don't have the bandwidth currently to host it. Like a AM-B gallery type of thing.
--
~Travis

On Fri, 23 May 2003 12:56:50 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> Shaun aRe - you all already seen those photies anyhow.

I just remember some skinny lilly-white red-haired dude that brought on equally scary thoughts about
what my daughter might bring home...must be someone else.