( OT ) Can anyone post here

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kevin & Amanda, Mar 12, 2004.

  1. Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
    like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
    posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
    beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
    sunny day. Amanda

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Kevin & Amanda) wrote:

    > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
    > like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
    > posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
    > beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
    > sunny day. Amanda

    Hi, Amanda. Welcome to rec.food.cooking. Be aware that
    *some* folks have some biases against webtv users. Ignore
    them. I'm serious. To respond only fans the flames. Have you
    been lurking for a while or did you just stumble onto us?
    This is an *unmoderated* group so anyone can post anything.
    There's no point in complaining about some of the posters--
    your best bet is to simply ignore them.

    Be aware that this is a text-only group; please have your
    HTML off when posting.

    Post below the message you're quoting and try to do some
    judicious snipping of extraneous material being quoted.

    Have you ever posted to a Usenet group? If not, you might
    find some value in this:
    <http://wp.netscape.com/menu/netet/news2.html>

    There are many knowedgeable folks here, some witty ones, a
    couple jerks--kind of like any neighborhood, I guess.

    Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back. Usually.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Kevin & Amanda) wrote:

    > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
    > like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
    > posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
    > beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
    > sunny day. Amanda

    Hi, Amanda. Welcome to rec.food.cooking. Be aware that
    *some* folks have some biases against webtv users. Ignore
    them. I'm serious. To respond only fans the flames. Have you
    been lurking for a while or did you just stumble onto us?
    This is an *unmoderated* group so anyone can post anything.
    There's no point in complaining about some of the posters--
    your best bet is to simply ignore them.

    Be aware that this is a text-only group; please have your
    HTML off when posting.

    Post below the message you're quoting and try to do some
    judicious snipping of extraneous material being quoted.

    Have you ever posted to a Usenet group? If not, you might
    find some value in this:
    <http://wp.netscape.com/menu/netet/news2.html>

    There are many knowedgeable folks here, some witty ones, a
    couple jerks--kind of like any neighborhood, I guess.

    Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back. Usually.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
    the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
    and a grave is the depth of the hole."

  4. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    [email protected] (Kevin & Amanda) deliciously posted in news:4148-4050A16D-
    [email protected]:

    > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
    > like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
    > posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
    > beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
    > sunny day. Amanda

    Put on those wading boots and climb right in. Now that
    you've introduced yourself I demand you post a recipe ;)

    Michael

    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

  5. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    [email protected] (Kevin & Amanda) deliciously posted in news:4148-4050A16D-
    [email protected]:

    > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
    > like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
    > posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
    > beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
    > sunny day. Amanda

    Put on those wading boots and climb right in. Now that
    you've introduced yourself I demand you post a recipe ;)

    Michael

    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

  6. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    Kevin & Amanda wrote:

    > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
    > like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
    > posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
    > beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
    > sunny day. Amanda

    You don't seem to have registered. You shouldn't have been
    able to post without registering. I've sent a note to your
    ISP notifying them that their host protocol seems to have
    been mis-configured. After you've registered, I'm sure
    you'll be welcome here. Hope this helps. :)

  7. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    Kevin & Amanda wrote:

    > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
    > like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
    > posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
    > beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
    > sunny day. Amanda

    You don't seem to have registered. You shouldn't have been
    able to post without registering. I've sent a note to your
    ISP notifying them that their host protocol seems to have
    been mis-configured. After you've registered, I'm sure
    you'll be welcome here. Hope this helps. :)

  8. Linehauler

    Linehauler Guest

    >Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
    >like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
    >posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
    >beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
    >sunny day. Amanda

    I'm a newbie to this NG as well, lurked for the past
    couple of weeks. I quite frankly didn't know it existed
    until a comment on another NG I subscribe to directed me.
    Looks like a great NG. I'm a truck driver by trade but am
    usually home before my wife (a schoolteacher) and over the
    years I've frequently done the cooking for our family.
    Cooking has turned into a serious hobby for me, one that
    I'll continue probably for the rest of my life. My wife is
    a good cook, but I've got the time, the energy, and the
    passion; my wife happily handed off meal prep and grocery
    shopping to me.

    Best wishes to all in this newly-discovered NG, I've got
    more than a few recipes I'd love to share.

    Paul

  9. Linehauler

    Linehauler Guest

    >Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
    >like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
    >posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
    >beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
    >sunny day. Amanda

    I'm a newbie to this NG as well, lurked for the past
    couple of weeks. I quite frankly didn't know it existed
    until a comment on another NG I subscribe to directed me.
    Looks like a great NG. I'm a truck driver by trade but am
    usually home before my wife (a schoolteacher) and over the
    years I've frequently done the cooking for our family.
    Cooking has turned into a serious hobby for me, one that
    I'll continue probably for the rest of my life. My wife is
    a good cook, but I've got the time, the energy, and the
    passion; my wife happily handed off meal prep and grocery
    shopping to me.

    Best wishes to all in this newly-discovered NG, I've got
    more than a few recipes I'd love to share.

    Paul

  10. Amanda asked:

    > > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly
    > > looks like a very hot group. For many groups you don't
    > > see 1,500 posts. I really liked the question and answers
    > > about the beans. I will have to try to remember them.
    > > Have a nice sunny day. Amanda

    Well, you've already been graciously welcomed by Barb and
    gratuitously insulted by Sheldon. That's rfc for you,
    Amanda, so stick around and meet the rest of us!

    Felice

  11. Amanda asked:

    > > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly
    > > looks like a very hot group. For many groups you don't
    > > see 1,500 posts. I really liked the question and answers
    > > about the beans. I will have to try to remember them.
    > > Have a nice sunny day. Amanda

    Well, you've already been graciously welcomed by Barb and
    gratuitously insulted by Sheldon. That's rfc for you,
    Amanda, so stick around and meet the rest of us!

    Felice

  12. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]
    > 3136.bay.webtv.net>, [email protected] (Kevin & Amanda)
    > wrote:

    <snip>

    > Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back.
    > Usually.
    > --
    > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    > Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
    > the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a
    > rut and a grave is the depth of the hole."

    I thought she had to send a dollar to all of us to join??

    Dimitri

  13. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]
    > 3136.bay.webtv.net>, [email protected] (Kevin & Amanda)
    > wrote:

    <snip>

    > Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back.
    > Usually.
    > --
    > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    > Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
    > the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a
    > rut and a grave is the depth of the hole."

    I thought she had to send a dollar to all of us to join??

    Dimitri

  14. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:59:07 GMT, linehauler
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm a newbie to this NG as well, lurked for the past
    > couple of weeks. I quite frankly didn't know it existed
    > until a comment on another NG I subscribe to directed
    > me. Looks like a great NG. I'm a truck driver by trade
    > but am usually home before my wife (a schoolteacher)
    > and over the years I've frequently done the cooking for
    > our family. Cooking has turned into a serious hobby for
    > me, one that I'll continue probably for the rest of my
    > life.

    > My wife is a good cook, but I've got the time, the
    > energy, and the passion; my wife happily handed off meal
    > prep and grocery shopping to me.

    Wise woman! I'm a teacher and my hubby does it all too...
    not with the passion you have, but he's a good guy. He's
    learned how to cook and do housework since I've been
    teaching full time. I still love to cook, but it's reserved
    for special occasions now.

    > Best wishes to all in this newly-discovered NG, I've
    > got more than a few recipes I'd love to share.

    Any time!

  15. Sf

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm a newbie to this NG as well, lurked for the past
    > couple of weeks. I quite frankly didn't know it existed
    > until a comment on another NG I subscribe to directed
    > me. Looks like a great NG. I'm a truck driver by trade
    > but am usually home before my wife (a schoolteacher)
    > and over the years I've frequently done the cooking for
    > our family. Cooking has turned into a serious hobby for
    > me, one that I'll continue probably for the rest of my
    > life.

    > My wife is a good cook, but I've got the time, the
    > energy, and the passion; my wife happily handed off meal
    > prep and grocery shopping to me.

    Wise woman! I'm a teacher and my hubby does it all too...
    not with the passion you have, but he's a good guy. He's
    learned how to cook and do housework since I've been
    teaching full time. I still love to cook, but it's reserved
    for special occasions now.

    > Best wishes to all in this newly-discovered NG, I've
    > got more than a few recipes I'd love to share.

    Any time!

  16. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "Felice Friese" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]_s52:

    > Amanda asked:
    >
    >> > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly
    >> > looks like a very hot group. For many groups you don't
    >> > see 1,500 posts. I really liked the question and
    >> > answers about the beans. I will have to try to remember
    >> > them. Have a nice sunny day. Amanda
    >
    > Well, you've already been graciously welcomed by Barb and
    > gratuitously insulted by Sheldon. That's rfc for you,
    > Amanda, so stick around and meet the rest of us!
    >
    > Felice

    So I take it I'm chopped liver...

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

  17. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "Felice Friese" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]_s52:

    > Amanda asked:
    >
    >> > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly
    >> > looks like a very hot group. For many groups you don't
    >> > see 1,500 posts. I really liked the question and
    >> > answers about the beans. I will have to try to remember
    >> > them. Have a nice sunny day. Amanda
    >
    > Well, you've already been graciously welcomed by Barb and
    > gratuitously insulted by Sheldon. That's rfc for you,
    > Amanda, so stick around and meet the rest of us!
    >
    > Felice

    So I take it I'm chopped liver...

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

  18. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Dimitri wrote:
    > "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:barbschaller-
    > [email protected]
    >> In article <[email protected]
    >> 3136.bay.webtv.net>, [email protected] (Kevin &
    >> Amanda) wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back.
    >> Usually.
    >> --
    >> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    >> Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've
    >> got the button to prove it!) "The only difference between
    >> a rut and a grave is the depth of the hole."
    >
    > I thought she had to send a dollar to all of us to join??
    >
    > Dimitri

    You didn't get yours? She sent me two dollars. '-)

    BOB

  19. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Dimitri wrote:
    > "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:barbschaller-
    > [email protected]
    >> In article <[email protected]
    >> 3136.bay.webtv.net>, [email protected] (Kevin &
    >> Amanda) wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back.
    >> Usually.
    >> --
    >> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    >> Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've
    >> got the button to prove it!) "The only difference between
    >> a rut and a grave is the depth of the hole."
    >
    > I thought she had to send a dollar to all of us to join??
    >
    > Dimitri

    You didn't get yours? She sent me two dollars. '-)

    BOB

  20. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : "Felice Friese" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    : news:[email protected]_s52:
    :
    : >
    : >
    : > Amanda asked:
    : >
[...]

    Basically.

    <giggle>

    No, that would be wrong... I remember your recent hospital
    visit and it wasn't the liver being chopped... <VBG> Sorry,
    Michael... the 4 y/o has been driving me nuts this week and
    my maniacal sense of humor is acting up.

    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply