( OT ) Can anyone post here

Kevin & Amanda

Guest
Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
sunny day. Amanda

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Kevin & Amanda) wrote:

> Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
> like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
> posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
> beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
> sunny day. Amanda

Hi, Amanda. Welcome to rec.food.cooking. Be aware that
*some* folks have some biases against webtv users. Ignore
them. I'm serious. To respond only fans the flames. Have you
been lurking for a while or did you just stumble onto us?
This is an *unmoderated* group so anyone can post anything.
There's no point in complaining about some of the posters--
your best bet is to simply ignore them.

Be aware that this is a text-only group; please have your
HTML off when posting.

Post below the message you're quoting and try to do some
judicious snipping of extraneous material being quoted.

Have you ever posted to a Usenet group? If not, you might
find some value in this:
<http://wp.netscape.com/menu/netet/news2.html>

There are many knowedgeable folks here, some witty ones, a
couple jerks--kind of like any neighborhood, I guess.

Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back. Usually.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Kevin & Amanda) wrote:

> Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
> like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
> posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
> beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
> sunny day. Amanda

Hi, Amanda. Welcome to rec.food.cooking. Be aware that
*some* folks have some biases against webtv users. Ignore
them. I'm serious. To respond only fans the flames. Have you
been lurking for a while or did you just stumble onto us?
This is an *unmoderated* group so anyone can post anything.
There's no point in complaining about some of the posters--
your best bet is to simply ignore them.

Be aware that this is a text-only group; please have your
HTML off when posting.

Post below the message you're quoting and try to do some
judicious snipping of extraneous material being quoted.

Have you ever posted to a Usenet group? If not, you might
find some value in this:
<http://wp.netscape.com/menu/netet/news2.html>

There are many knowedgeable folks here, some witty ones, a
couple jerks--kind of like any neighborhood, I guess.

Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back. Usually.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
and a grave is the depth of the hole."

[email protected] (Kevin & Amanda) deliciously posted in news:4148-4050A16D-
[email protected]:

> Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
> like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
> posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
> beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
> sunny day. Amanda

Put on those wading boots and climb right in. Now that
you've introduced yourself I demand you post a recipe ;)

Michael

--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
December 12, 1968

Kevin & Amanda wrote:

> Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
> like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
> posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
> beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
> sunny day. Amanda

You don't seem to have registered. You shouldn't have been
able to post without registering. I've sent a note to your
ISP notifying them that their host protocol seems to have
been mis-configured. After you've registered, I'm sure
you'll be welcome here. Hope this helps. :)

Kevin & Amanda wrote:

> Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
> like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
> posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
> beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
> sunny day. Amanda

You don't seem to have registered. You shouldn't have been
able to post without registering. I've sent a note to your
ISP notifying them that their host protocol seems to have
been mis-configured. After you've registered, I'm sure
you'll be welcome here. Hope this helps. :)

>Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
>like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
>posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
>beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
>sunny day. Amanda

I'm a newbie to this NG as well, lurked for the past
couple of weeks. I quite frankly didn't know it existed
until a comment on another NG I subscribe to directed me.
Looks like a great NG. I'm a truck driver by trade but am
usually home before my wife (a schoolteacher) and over the
years I've frequently done the cooking for our family.
Cooking has turned into a serious hobby for me, one that
I'll continue probably for the rest of my life. My wife is
a good cook, but I've got the time, the energy, and the
passion; my wife happily handed off meal prep and grocery
shopping to me.

Best wishes to all in this newly-discovered NG, I've got
more than a few recipes I'd love to share.

Paul

>Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly looks
>like a very hot group. For many groups you don't see 1,500
>posts. I really liked the question and answers about the
>beans. I will have to try to remember them. Have a nice
>sunny day. Amanda

I'm a newbie to this NG as well, lurked for the past
couple of weeks. I quite frankly didn't know it existed
until a comment on another NG I subscribe to directed me.
Looks like a great NG. I'm a truck driver by trade but am
usually home before my wife (a schoolteacher) and over the
years I've frequently done the cooking for our family.
Cooking has turned into a serious hobby for me, one that
I'll continue probably for the rest of my life. My wife is
a good cook, but I've got the time, the energy, and the
passion; my wife happily handed off meal prep and grocery
shopping to me.

Best wishes to all in this newly-discovered NG, I've got
more than a few recipes I'd love to share.

Paul

Amanda asked:

> > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly
> > looks like a very hot group. For many groups you don't
> > see 1,500 posts. I really liked the question and answers
> > about the beans. I will have to try to remember them.
> > Have a nice sunny day. Amanda

Well, you've already been graciously welcomed by Barb and
gratuitously insulted by Sheldon. That's rfc for you,
Amanda, so stick around and meet the rest of us!

Felice

Amanda asked:

> > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly
> > looks like a very hot group. For many groups you don't
> > see 1,500 posts. I really liked the question and answers
> > about the beans. I will have to try to remember them.
> > Have a nice sunny day. Amanda

Well, you've already been graciously welcomed by Barb and
gratuitously insulted by Sheldon. That's rfc for you,
Amanda, so stick around and meet the rest of us!

Felice

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <4148-4050A16D-209@storefull-
> 3136.bay.webtv.net>, [email protected] (Kevin & Amanda)
> wrote:

<snip>

> Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back.
> Usually.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
> Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
> the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a
> rut and a grave is the depth of the hole."

I thought she had to send a dollar to all of us to join??

Dimitri

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <4148-4050A16D-209@storefull-
> 3136.bay.webtv.net>, [email protected] (Kevin & Amanda)
> wrote:

<snip>

> Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back.
> Usually.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
> Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
> the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a
> rut and a grave is the depth of the hole."

I thought she had to send a dollar to all of us to join??

Dimitri

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:59:07 GMT, linehauler
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm a newbie to this NG as well, lurked for the past
> couple of weeks. I quite frankly didn't know it existed
> until a comment on another NG I subscribe to directed
> me. Looks like a great NG. I'm a truck driver by trade
> but am usually home before my wife (a schoolteacher)
> and over the years I've frequently done the cooking for
> our family. Cooking has turned into a serious hobby for
> me, one that I'll continue probably for the rest of my
> life.

> My wife is a good cook, but I've got the time, the
> energy, and the passion; my wife happily handed off meal
> prep and grocery shopping to me.

Wise woman! I'm a teacher and my hubby does it all too...
not with the passion you have, but he's a good guy. He's
learned how to cook and do housework since I've been
teaching full time. I still love to cook, but it's reserved
for special occasions now.

> Best wishes to all in this newly-discovered NG, I've
> got more than a few recipes I'd love to share.

Any time!

<[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm a newbie to this NG as well, lurked for the past
> couple of weeks. I quite frankly didn't know it existed
> until a comment on another NG I subscribe to directed
> me. Looks like a great NG. I'm a truck driver by trade
> but am usually home before my wife (a schoolteacher)
> and over the years I've frequently done the cooking for
> our family. Cooking has turned into a serious hobby for
> me, one that I'll continue probably for the rest of my
> life.

> My wife is a good cook, but I've got the time, the
> energy, and the passion; my wife happily handed off meal
> prep and grocery shopping to me.

Wise woman! I'm a teacher and my hubby does it all too...
not with the passion you have, but he's a good guy. He's
learned how to cook and do housework since I've been
teaching full time. I still love to cook, but it's reserved
for special occasions now.

> Best wishes to all in this newly-discovered NG, I've
> got more than a few recipes I'd love to share.

Any time!

"Felice Friese" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in

> Amanda asked:
>
>> > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly
>> > looks like a very hot group. For many groups you don't
>> > see 1,500 posts. I really liked the question and
>> > answers about the beans. I will have to try to remember
>> > them. Have a nice sunny day. Amanda
>
> Well, you've already been graciously welcomed by Barb and
> gratuitously insulted by Sheldon. That's rfc for you,
> Amanda, so stick around and meet the rest of us!
>
> Felice

So I take it I'm chopped liver...

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
December 12, 1968

"Felice Friese" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in

> Amanda asked:
>
>> > Hello Everyone: I'm new to this group. It certainly
>> > looks like a very hot group. For many groups you don't
>> > see 1,500 posts. I really liked the question and
>> > answers about the beans. I will have to try to remember
>> > them. Have a nice sunny day. Amanda
>
> Well, you've already been graciously welcomed by Barb and
> gratuitously insulted by Sheldon. That's rfc for you,
> Amanda, so stick around and meet the rest of us!
>
> Felice

So I take it I'm chopped liver...

Michael
--

Dimitri wrote:
> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:barbschaller-
> [email protected]...
>> In article <4148-4050A16D-209@storefull-
>> 3136.bay.webtv.net>, [email protected] (Kevin &
>> Amanda) wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back.
>> Usually.
>> --
>> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
>> Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've
>> got the button to prove it!) "The only difference between
>> a rut and a grave is the depth of the hole."
>
> I thought she had to send a dollar to all of us to join??
>
> Dimitri

You didn't get yours? She sent me two dollars. '-)

BOB

Dimitri wrote:
> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:barbschaller-
> [email protected]...
>> In article <4148-4050A16D-209@storefull-
>> 3136.bay.webtv.net>, [email protected] (Kevin &
>> Amanda) wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Usually. if you're nice, people will be nice back.
>> Usually.
>> --
>> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
>> Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've
>> got the button to prove it!) "The only difference between
>> a rut and a grave is the depth of the hole."
>
> I thought she had to send a dollar to all of us to join??
>
> Dimitri

You didn't get yours? She sent me two dollars. '-)

BOB

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: "Felice Friese" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
: news:y854c.6463$C51.53084@attbi_s52:
:
: >
: >
: > Amanda asked:
: >
[...]

Basically.

<giggle>

No, that would be wrong... I remember your recent hospital
visit and it wasn't the liver being chopped... <VBG> Sorry,
Michael... the 4 y/o has been driving me nuts this week and
my maniacal sense of humor is acting up.

--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply