OT: Cats and dogs

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan, Nov 25, 2005.

  1. Hi all. We have 2 dogs, Missy is 16 and Shelly who is about 3. He has
    fatal Cushings. We have Hoot the cat and she is the vicious one. The new
    members in the family are Bart, the garage cat and Ramsey the rescue. Hoot
    is way pissed. I mean bite pissed. She will not attack the other cats but
    hates their guts. I'm not kidding either. The other cats take her fave
    spots and she will not fight back but takes it out on us. She bit the snot
    out of Steven... we're talking antibiotics and stuff. She will not come
    near me and holes up in the bedroom. Neither of the dogs mind the cats.
    Can I help my beloved Hoot or just let her adjust? They all got locked up
    in seperate bedrooms for Thanksgiving because we had baby Joel here.

    I'll be taking Ramsey with me on my trip because he may have FIP. He is a
    rescue and I think he is dying. I need to make sure his meds are given to
    him on time. We have a hotel suite booked for Xmas. That should be a trip.
    No luggage, just crates. Gawd...

    Michael

    --
    ....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

    All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
    now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
    final say on what is, or is not, posted.
    Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

    Tags:

  2. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > Hi all. We have 2 dogs, Missy is 16 and Shelly who is about 3. He has
    > fatal Cushings. We have Hoot the cat and she is the vicious one. The new
    > members in the family are Bart, the garage cat and Ramsey the rescue. Hoot
    > is way pissed. I mean bite pissed. She will not attack the other cats but
    > hates their guts. I'm not kidding either. The other cats take her fave
    > spots and she will not fight back but takes it out on us. She bit the snot
    > out of Steven... we're talking antibiotics and stuff. She will not come
    > near me and holes up in the bedroom. Neither of the dogs mind the cats.
    > Can I help my beloved Hoot or just let her adjust? They all got locked up
    > in seperate bedrooms for Thanksgiving because we had baby Joel here.
    >
    > I'll be taking Ramsey with me on my trip because he may have FIP. He is a
    > rescue and I think he is dying. I need to make sure his meds are given to
    > him on time. We have a hotel suite booked for Xmas. That should be a trip.
    > No luggage, just crates. Gawd...
    >
    > Michael

    I would give them time to get used to each other but I would set a time limit.
    I think your obligation is to Hoot since she was there first. So give them
    time but give them a set amount of time. If Hoot is never going to come around
    then you don't want her baing miserable in the long run (and you don't want to
    be treating Hoot-wounds forever either).

    I'd say give it until after christmas, that should be enough time.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  3. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi all. We have 2 dogs, Missy is 16 and Shelly who is about 3. He has
    > fatal Cushings. We have Hoot the cat and she is the vicious one. The new
    > members in the family are Bart, the garage cat and Ramsey the rescue.

    Hoot
    > is way pissed. I mean bite pissed. She will not attack the other cats

    but
    > hates their guts. I'm not kidding either. The other cats take her fave
    > spots and she will not fight back but takes it out on us. She bit the

    snot
    > out of Steven... we're talking antibiotics and stuff. She will not come
    > near me and holes up in the bedroom. Neither of the dogs mind the cats.
    > Can I help my beloved Hoot or just let her adjust? They all got locked

    up
    > in seperate bedrooms for Thanksgiving because we had baby Joel here.
    >
    > I'll be taking Ramsey with me on my trip because he may have FIP. He is a
    > rescue and I think he is dying. I need to make sure his meds are given to
    > him on time. We have a hotel suite booked for Xmas. That should be a trip.
    > No luggage, just crates. Gawd...
    >
    > Michael
    >
    > --

    Michael, Hoot will never adjust. Get used to it. Chloe and Tryone are so
    pissed that I took on Miss Pua and because Pua was so sick when I found her,
    that just adds fuel to the fire. She's healthy and she's become my obvious
    favorite because of how far she came. Sorry you have to go through this,
    but that's the way it is! Good luck!

    kili

  4. The Bubbo <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:p[email protected]:

    > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >> Hi all. We have 2 dogs, Missy is 16 and Shelly who is about 3. He
    >> has fatal Cushings. We have Hoot the cat and she is the vicious one.
    >> The new members in the family are Bart, the garage cat and Ramsey
    >> the rescue. Hoot is way pissed. I mean bite pissed. She will not
    >> attack the other cats but hates their guts. I'm not kidding either.
    >> The other cats take her fave spots and she will not fight back but
    >> takes it out on us. She bit the snot out of Steven... we're talking
    >> antibiotics and stuff. She will not come near me and holes up in the
    >> bedroom. Neither of the dogs mind the cats. Can I help my beloved
    >> Hoot or just let her adjust? They all got locked up in seperate
    >> bedrooms for Thanksgiving because we had baby Joel here.
    >>
    >> I'll be taking Ramsey with me on my trip because he may have FIP. He
    >> is a rescue and I think he is dying. I need to make sure his meds are
    >> given to him on time. We have a hotel suite booked for Xmas. That
    >> should be a trip. No luggage, just crates. Gawd...
    >>
    >> Michael
    >>

    > I would give them time to get used to each other but I would set a
    > time limit. I think your obligation is to Hoot since she was there
    > first. So give them time but give them a set amount of time. If Hoot
    > is never going to come around then you don't want her baing miserable
    > in the long run (and you don't want to be treating Hoot-wounds forever
    > either).
    >
    > I'd say give it until after christmas, that should be enough time.

    I did the usual integration thing. Crates etc. Hoot is just not adjusting
    but maybe more time is needed. Maybe I just need to let them all work it
    out. I'm not worried about Bart. I've seen the work of this cat and it
    was on the hood of my Jeep. Dead rabbit, absolutely no head left. Hoot
    will not mess with Bart. I'm more worried about Ramsey. He's a cute stink
    but he is sick. Unfortunately he likes all of Hoot's resting spots. Hoot
    does not try to take the spots back but pouts on the bed which *is* hers...
    big time.

    Michael

    --
    ....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

    All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
    now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
    final say on what is, or is not, posted.
    Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

  5. "kilikini" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]om:

    > "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Hi all. We have 2 dogs, Missy is 16 and Shelly who is about 3. He
    >> has fatal Cushings. We have Hoot the cat and she is the vicious one.
    >> The new members in the family are Bart, the garage cat and Ramsey
    >> the rescue.

    > Hoot
    >> is way pissed. I mean bite pissed. She will not attack the other
    >> cats

    > but
    >> hates their guts. I'm not kidding either. The other cats take her
    >> fave spots and she will not fight back but takes it out on us. She
    >> bit the

    > snot
    >> out of Steven... we're talking antibiotics and stuff. She will not
    >> come near me and holes up in the bedroom. Neither of the dogs mind
    >> the cats. Can I help my beloved Hoot or just let her adjust? They
    >> all got locked

    > up
    >> in seperate bedrooms for Thanksgiving because we had baby Joel here.
    >>
    >> I'll be taking Ramsey with me on my trip because he may have FIP. He
    >> is a rescue and I think he is dying. I need to make sure his meds are
    >> given to him on time. We have a hotel suite booked for Xmas. That
    >> should be a trip. No luggage, just crates. Gawd...
    >>
    >> Michael
    >>
    >> --

    > Michael, Hoot will never adjust. Get used to it. Chloe and Tryone
    > are so pissed that I took on Miss Pua and because Pua was so sick when
    > I found her, that just adds fuel to the fire. She's healthy and she's
    > become my obvious favorite because of how far she came. Sorry you
    > have to go through this, but that's the way it is! Good luck!
    >
    > kili

    I have never been much of a cat person. It has always been dogs and horses
    with me. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I went through the
    whole integration thing like I emailed you. One thing I can't do is put up
    with Hoot's biting. She knows I am not afraid of her so she will attack at
    any time, threatening does not work. Gawd, the bites she gave Steven were
    awful.

    Michael

    --
    ....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

    All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
    now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
    final say on what is, or is not, posted.
    Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

  6. TopKat

    TopKat Guest

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:21:14 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi all. We have 2 dogs, Missy is 16 and Shelly who is about 3. He has
    >fatal Cushings. We have Hoot the cat and she is the vicious one. The new
    >members in the family are Bart, the garage cat and Ramsey the rescue. Hoot
    >is way pissed. I mean bite pissed. She will not attack the other cats but
    >hates their guts. I'm not kidding either. The other cats take her fave
    >spots and she will not fight back but takes it out on us. She bit the snot
    >out of Steven... we're talking antibiotics and stuff. She will not come
    >near me and holes up in the bedroom. Neither of the dogs mind the cats.
    >Can I help my beloved Hoot or just let her adjust? They all got locked up
    >in seperate bedrooms for Thanksgiving because we had baby Joel here.

    >Michael

    Hi,
    I read this group alot for good cooking info and normally don't post
    here, but I though you might be able to use this info. I rescued an
    diabled orphan kitten this summer and found this site a great help.
    There is a whole forum for behavior issues.

    http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=69dc9f00a1551cbb8b125ac7f4c89c60&f=5

    Good luck with your cats.

  7. sf

    sf Guest

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:55:01 GMT, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

    > I'm more worried about Ramsey. He's a cute stink
    > but he is sick. Unfortunately he likes all of Hoot's resting spots. Hoot
    > does not try to take the spots back but pouts on the bed which *is* hers...
    > big time. > >

    Sounds like Hoot's being a "professional victim" now that there is a
    cat who won't be intimidated in the house.

  8. TopKat <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:21:14 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all. We have 2 dogs, Missy is 16 and Shelly who is about 3. He has
    >>fatal Cushings. We have Hoot the cat and she is the vicious one. The
    >>new members in the family are Bart, the garage cat and Ramsey the
    >>rescue. Hoot is way pissed. I mean bite pissed. She will not attack
    >>the other cats but hates their guts. I'm not kidding either. The
    >>other cats take her fave spots and she will not fight back but takes
    >>it out on us. She bit the snot out of Steven... we're talking
    >>antibiotics and stuff. She will not come near me and holes up in the
    >>bedroom. Neither of the dogs mind the cats. Can I help my beloved
    >>Hoot or just let her adjust? They all got locked up in seperate
    >>bedrooms for Thanksgiving because we had baby Joel here.

    >>Michael

    > Hi,
    > I read this group alot for good cooking info and normally don't post
    > here, but I though you might be able to use this info. I rescued an
    > diabled orphan kitten this summer and found this site a great help.
    > There is a whole forum for behavior issues.
    >
    > http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=69dc9f00a1551cbb8b1
    > 25ac7f4c89c60&f=5
    >
    > Good luck with your cats.

    Thanks for the site. I needed it.