OT: coffee freaks

Scott Gordo wrote:
> JD wrote:
>> small change wrote:

>>> where's Gary when you need him?

>> Oh, he'll show his mug eventually.

> Undoubtedly. Seems like a regular joe, but easily steamed into a
> froth.

Drip, drip,drip...trying to blend in. That's rich.

Grounds for dismissal, BS

> "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Scott Gordo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

> (either

>> > Keep your espresso in #3, the fridge. Don't leave it out for too long,
>> > as changes in temperature will hurt the flavor. (Why? I dunno. In the
>> > freezer it's supposedly because of crystallization, maybe to a lesser
>> > degree in fridge?) I'm sure you'll get lots of different ans....
>> >
>> > Wait a sec...
>> >
>> > Is this a trolling question?
>> >
>> > Scott
>> >

>> I have one of these to grind it for me
>> when I need it. I did NOT pay that
>> price though.
>>

> I had one of those, too. Donated it to an insane asylum.
>
> At Gary's recommmendation I bought a roaster, a conical burr grinder, an
> espresso machine, a couple of French presses, a vacuum brewer, and I buy
> green beans every other week from Hollywood Coffee which I store in a
> temperature and humidity controlled environment. I roast only the next
> days
> cup, and grind it less than 1 minute before I brew my cup.
>
> And my girlfriend can't tell the difference between it and a cuppa
> Folgers.
>
> Greg

You should never take the advice of someone you've met on the
internet.........

Gary :)

Sorni wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
> > JD wrote:

> >> Oh, he'll show his mug eventually.

> > Undoubtedly. Seems like a regular joe, but easily steamed into a
> > froth.

> Drip, drip,drip...trying to blend in. That's rich.
>
> Grounds for dismissal, BS

I'd be Brimming with tears if the pot wasn't calling the kettle black.

/s

Sanka! Sanka very much!

Scott Gordo wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> Scott Gordo wrote:

>>> Undoubtedly. Seems like a regular joe, but easily steamed into a
>>> froth.

>> Drip, drip,drip...trying to blend in. That's rich.
>>
>> Grounds for dismissal, BS

> I'd be Brimming with tears if the pot wasn't calling the kettle black.
>
> /s
>
> Sanka! Sanka very much!

Sweet. (And Low.) Kona Equal that. Columbia guy fer tryin'...

Perkily? BS

> Scott Gordo wrote:
>> Sorni wrote:

>>> Drip, drip,drip...trying to blend in. That's rich.
>>>
>>> Grounds for dismissal, BS

>> I'd be Brimming with tears if the pot wasn't calling the kettle black.
>>
>> /s
>>
>> Sanka! Sanka very much!

> Sweet. (And Low.) Kona Equal that. Columbia guy fer tryin'...
>
> Perkily? BS

Don't quit your regular grind. You'll be a has-bean before you get
stirr-ded.

Steve

SuperPoo wrote:
> "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Scott Gordo wrote:

> >> I'd be Brimming with tears if the pot wasn't calling the kettle black.
> >>
> >> /s
> >>
> >> Sanka! Sanka very much!

> > Sweet. (And Low.) Kona Equal that. Columbia guy fer tryin'...
> >
> > Perkily? BS

> Don't quit your regular grind. You'll be a has-bean before you get
> stirr-ded.
>
> Steve

Freaks...

JD

"SuperPoo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>"Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote
>> Scott Gordo wrote:

>>> I'd be Brimming with tears if the pot wasn't calling the kettle black.
>>>
>>> Sanka! Sanka very much!

>> Sweet. (And Low.) Kona Equal that. Columbia guy fer tryin'...
>> Perkily? BS

>Don't quit your regular grind. You'll be a has-bean before you get
>stirr-ded.

I'm gonna have to filter these threads if you guys keep espresso-ing
your inner brew-t like that.

Mark "sorry - y'all took all the good ones" Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

Mark Hickey wrote:
> "SuperPoo" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Sweet. (And Low.) Kona Equal that. Columbia guy fer tryin'...
>>> Perkily? BS

>> Don't quit your regular grind. You'll be a has-bean before you get
>> stirr-ded.

> I'm gonna have to filter these threads if you guys keep espresso-ing
> your inner brew-t like that.
>
> Mark "sorry - y'all took all the good ones" Hickey

That's what you get for coming latte to the party.

(Oy.)

Sorni wrote:
> Mark Hickey wrote:
> > "SuperPoo" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote

> >> Don't quit your regular grind. You'll be a has-bean before you get
> >> stirr-ded.

> > I'm gonna have to filter these threads if you guys keep espresso-ing
> > your inner brew-t like that.
> >
> > Mark "sorry - y'all took all the good ones" Hickey

> That's what you get for coming latte to the party.
>
> (Oy.)

That's what you get for being in a group that's Chock full O' Nuts.

/s

Scott Gordo wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> Mark Hickey wrote:

>>> I'm gonna have to filter these threads if you guys keep espresso-ing
>>> your inner brew-t like that.
>>>
>>> Mark "sorry - y'all took all the good ones" Hickey

>> That's what you get for coming latte to the party.
>>
>> (Oy.)

> That's what you get for being in a group that's Chock full O' Nuts.
>
> /s

Looks like everyone's brains have been instantly freeze dried by this topic.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot (about to hit the ignore button) o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
> > Sorni wrote:

> >> That's what you get for coming latte to the party.
> >>
> >> (Oy.)

> > That's what you get for being in a group that's Chock full O' Nuts.
> >
> > /s
> >

> Looks like everyone's brains have been instantly freeze dried by this topic.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot (about to hit the ignore button) o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

Ahhh, put a cappuccino on it, Mr. Coffee!

/s

Scott Gordo wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>Scott Gordo wrote:

>>>That's what you get for being in a group that's Chock full O' Nuts.
>>>
>>>/s
>>>

>>Looks like everyone's brains have been instantly freeze dried by this topic.
>>
>>--
>>o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot (about to hit the ignore button) o-o-o-o
>>www.schnauzers.ws

> Ahhh, put a cappuccino on it, Mr. Coffee!
>
> /s

That's it. I'm switching to tea.

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Scott Gordo wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>>Looks like everyone's brains have been instantly freeze dried by this
>>>topic.
>>>
>>>--
>>>o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot (about to hit the ignore button) o-o-o-o
>>>www.schnauzers.ws

>> Ahhh, put a cappuccino on it, Mr. Coffee! /s
>>

> That's it. I'm switching to tea.

Let's just leaf that alone. We need to Cut Black on the rhetoric.

Gary

MattB wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>> Looks like everyone's brains have been instantly freeze dried by
>>> this topic. --
>>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot (about to hit the ignore button) o-o-o-o
>>> www.schnauzers.ws

>> Ahhh, put a cappuccino on it, Mr. Coffee!
>>
>> /s
>>

> That's it. I'm switching to tea.

Do your parents know you're gay?

<eg> Not that there's anything...

Scott Gordo wrote:

> That's what you get for being in a group that's Chock full O' Nuts.

As a neutral non-punning party I hereby declare that pun the winner in
the coffee freaks thread.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

MattB wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> MattB wrote:

>>> That's it. I'm switching to tea.

>> Do your parents know you're gay?
>>
>> <eg> Not that there's anything...

> Shhh. Even my wife doesn't know!
>
> Actually tea (Twinings Earl Grey loose) was the morning drink of choice
> growing up in my Aussie family.

I thought beer was the morning drink of choice in Aussie families. At
least it was for my previous boss.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>> Sorni wrote:

>>> Do your parents know you're gay?
>>>
>>> <eg> Not that there's anything...

>> Shhh. Even my wife doesn't know!
>>
>> Actually tea (Twinings Earl Grey loose) was the morning drink of
>> choice growing up in my Aussie family.

> I thought beer was the morning drink of choice in Aussie families. At
> least it was for my previous boss.

We'd wait until lunch.

MattB wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
> > Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> >>Looks like everyone's brains have been instantly freeze dried by this topic.
> >>
> >>--
> >>o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot (about to hit the ignore button) o-o-o-o
> >>www.schnauzers.ws

> > Ahhh, put a cappuccino on it, Mr. Coffee!
> >
> > /s
> >

> That's it. I'm switching to tea.

(In the interest of keeping up the appearances of being one of the more
'family-oriented' alt groups, I'll refrain from any 'tea bagging'
references. Instead, I'll use something less offensive.)

Uh, tea? I'm, uh, GREEN with envy! Bwahahahahaha!

/s

"Thanks folks. I'll be here all weak."

Carla A-G wrote:
> "Shawn" <sdotherecurry@bresnannextdotnet> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>>He's the biggest phony on the Food Network. However, I have picked up

> some
>
>>>tips from him on occasion. He did a show about brewing and everything he

> did
>
>>>was phony and wrong. The homebrewers were up in arms about that one...

>>I always brew at home-unless I go to Starbucks.
>>hehe

> No,no,no,no, not that kind of brewing...brewing...as in beer!

I knew that, just being a smart-ass.
I have an unfortunate allergy to beer (yes, yes, I know), so brewing
anything stronger than coffee or tea is out.

Shawn

G.T. wrote:
> "Shawn" <sdotherecurry@bresnannextdotnet> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Carla A-G wrote:
>>
>>>"SuperPoo" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> the

>>>He's the biggest phony on the Food Network. However, I have picked up

> some
>
>>>tips from him on occasion. He did a show about brewing and everything he

> did
>
>>>was phony and wrong. The homebrewers were up in arms about that one...

>>I always brew at home-unless I go to Starbucks.

> That's definitely a microbrew I would never try. They'll destroy
> microbreweries like they destroyed independent coffee houses.

I was gonna say Bongo Billy's, but most readers would likely just reply
"Huh?".
http://www.bongobillys.com/bongos-salida.asp
Salida is still a Starbuck's free zone.

Shawn