OT computer stuff

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Jun 8, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    ok, my version 3 of dreamweaver went spaziod on me today and won't cooperate, XP home is doing a
    major sieze up whenever I try and do anything in it. Anyone know anything about this? I did a full
    uninstall including cleaning the registry of it, and then a reinstall, but that didn't seem to help
    It was working before, no system changes... I was urgently needing to update a page on my site so I
    went for my old copy of Hippie edit ( circa '98) and boy that was a mistake. Does XP not like older
    stuff? ASnd yes I know I can hand code my page and ftp it if I'm desperate.

    thanks

    Penny

    Tags:

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Penny S. thoughtfully penned:
    > ok, my version 3 of dreamweaver went spaziod on me today and won't cooperate, XP home is doing a
    > major sieze up whenever I try and do anything in it. Anyone know anything about this? I did a full
    > uninstall including cleaning the registry of it, and then a reinstall, but that didn't seem to
    > help It was working before, no system changes... I was urgently needing to update a page on my
    > site so I went for my old copy of Hippie edit ( circa '98) and boy that was a mistake. Does XP not
    > like older stuff? ASnd yes I know I can hand code my page and ftp it if I'm desperate.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Penny

    I mean, Dreamweaver is the only program that's seizing, XP is fine otherwise.

  3. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Penny S. <[email protected]> spoke thusly...

    > ASnd yes I know I can hand code my page and ftp it if I'm desperate.

    You mean there are other ways? ;-)

    > thanks

    Your very welcome, but i didn't really help any.

    But seriously, the usual suspects... did you install any new hardware/software at around the time
    this problem began? Have you tried closing out other running programs that may be "sucking
    resources"? Sometimes, when one program crashes, it can affect other running programs, even though
    there is nothing wrong with the other programs. windows itself can do this sometimes.
    --
    ~Travis

  4. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...

    > I mean, Dreamweaver is the only program that's seizing, XP is fine otherwise.

    I assume you have tried reinstalling Dreamweaver as well. If that did not work, try reinstalling
    Dreamweaver to a different location.

    -Dave

  5. Djarvinen

    Djarvinen Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > ok, my version 3 of dreamweaver went spaziod on me today and won't cooperate, XP home is doing a
    > major sieze up whenever I try and do anything in it. Anyone know anything about this? I did a full
    > uninstall including cleaning the registry of it, and then a reinstall, but that didn't seem to
    > help It was working before, no system changes... I was urgently needing to update a page on my
    > site so I went for my old copy of Hippie edit ( circa '98) and boy that was a mistake. Does XP not
    > like older stuff? ASnd yes I know I can hand code my page and ftp it if I'm desperate.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Penny

    I like Dreamweaver a *lot* but it is quite buggy. It's not that there are a lot of bugs but the ones
    that exist really seem to screw up the system. I've run it under Win98 and Win2000; the OS does not
    seem to make a difference.

    I would:

    1) check for viruses
    2) Update your Windows XP (easy to do at Microsoft website)
    3) check for viruses
    4) Update Dreamweaver
    5) check for viruses
    6) if you have money :) -- update your PC: Win2000, 512mb RAM, PIV - 2gHz if not --- type faster?

    Good luck.

    DJ

  6. Danny

    Danny Guest

    You may also wish to see if XP had just completed an update of it's own prior to the lock-ups...
    There is one that keeps causing my NIC to become inop so I have to roll that driver back each time..
    Pretty stupid if you ask me, but everything else works like it should so it's only a small
    inconvenience that doesn't come along often...

    I keep thinking that by the time they get software figured out so that it works right, I'll be worm
    food.. :)

    Danny

    "djarvinen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > ok, my version 3 of dreamweaver went spaziod on me today and won't cooperate, XP home is doing a
    > > major sieze up whenever I try and do
    anything
    > > in it. Anyone know anything about this? I did a full uninstall
    including
    > > cleaning the registry of it, and then a reinstall, but that didn't seem
    > > help It was working before, no system changes... I was urgently needing
    > > update a page on my site so I went for my old copy of Hippie edit (
    circa
    > > '98) and boy that was a mistake. Does XP not like older stuff? ASnd yes
    > > know I can hand code my page and ftp it if I'm desperate.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > Penny
    >
    > I like Dreamweaver a *lot* but it is quite buggy. It's not that there are a lot of bugs but the
    > ones that exist really seem to screw up the system. I've run it under Win98 and Win2000; the OS
    > does not seem to make a difference.
    >
    > I would:
    >
    > 1) check for viruses
    > 2) Update your Windows XP (easy to do at Microsoft website)
    > 3) check for viruses
    > 4) Update Dreamweaver
    > 5) check for viruses
    > 6) if you have money :) -- update your PC: Win2000, 512mb RAM, PIV - 2gHz if not --- type faster?
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > DJ

  7. Phil Lee

    Phil Lee Guest

    > ok, my version 3 of dreamweaver went spaziod on me today and won't

    Get Dreamweaver MX...

    BTW, I hear filesharing is a good thing.

    If you want to go straight and true, no frills, look up "Arachnophilia" on the net. Stupendous
    find/replace features and color-coded HTML. It's careware, too.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  8. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > ok, my version 3 of dreamweaver went spaziod on me today and won't cooperate, XP home is doing a
    > major sieze up whenever I try and do
    anything
    > in it. Anyone know anything about this? I did a full uninstall including cleaning the registry of
    > it, and then a reinstall, but that didn't seem to help It was working before, no system changes...
    > I was urgently needing
    > update a page on my site so I went for my old copy of Hippie edit ( circa '98) and boy that was a
    > mistake. Does XP not like older stuff? ASnd yes I know I can hand code my page and ftp it if I'm
    > desperate.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Penny

    I'd check the manufacturer's web site and see if there's any known issues and/or patches available.
    Maybe this is common. If it's a legal copy you could even contact their tech support.

    In a jam you can also use Word to edit/save HTML in a GUI fashion, but it adds a ton of extra crap
    to your pages you'll want to clean up later.

    Matt (never used Dreamweaver)