(OT) Damn New Neighbor

> eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

A response to this is best left to the pros. I'll let Shaun handle this
one...

JohnH wrote:
>> eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

> A response to this is best left to the pros. I'll let Shaun handle
> this one...

Believe me, I was aware. At first I said 13-, then 11-, but my "pervdar"
hoped 7 would be safe.

Bill "let's move on" S.

"Bill Sornson" wrote: "Testimate"??? Is that, like, a ballsy buddy? Guess
as to scrotum size/weight? Over-sensitive significant other?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It could also refer to the approximate expected results from the lab.

Veloise wrote:
> jcjordan wrote:
>
>>Sounds like loberthal in South Australia. same thing with bus tours and
>>absolute gridlock of cars. AGL the local electricitc suppler sponsors
>>the event and anyone registered gets a discount off their bill. Had a
>>friend who lived in the area but thought the whole thing was a croc and
>>did not participate and was visited by members of the council who
>>berated him for not joining in the towns event and that maybe he would
>>be better off in another town.

> You got inflatable yard ornaments down under? Of course you do (as sad
> and sorry as those things look in winter weather, retailers wouldn't
> miss the opportunity to peddle more of them).
>
> Your pal should have picked up the Grinch one. No lights tinsel
> glittering UFOs in the trees plastic carolers wreaths. Just the Grinch.

A giant grinch with lighted flames coming out of his mouth that reaches
over and rocks the tour buses as they pass by.

> HTH
>
> --Karen D.
> heard about someone asked to take their DIY display down due to
> traffic, so that's what they put up

"JohnH" wrote: Ha ha - it sure was! That Leo is pretty amazing! Almost
godlike himself!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks, John. It's nice to be appreciated. But, isn't it amazing how much
meaning can be compressed into the word "almost?"

> Thanks, John. It's nice to be appreciated. But, isn't it amazing
> how much meaning can be compressed into the word "almost?"

It's almost amazing.

25 Nov 2005 06:02:28 -0800,
<[email protected]>, "Veloise"
<[email protected]> wrote, in part:

>> "Dave on the Roof" is a story told by CBC's Stuart McLean on The Vinyl
>> Cafe Christmas Concert CD.

>Ooohh, Stuart McLean.
>
>Before evacuating metro Detroit I went to a live Vinyl Cafe performance
>in Windsor. SM is quite the storyteller, plus he looks nice in pants.

That's the beauty of radio. I've always pictured him in a kilt.
--
zk

In rec.bicycles.misc Ken M <[email protected]> wrote:

> Don't move, just kill the new neighbor!

The late George Gobel lived across the street from (memory fuzzy here)
either Stan Laurel or Lou Costello. The neighbor in question used to put
up a monumental Crass-Mess light display, which "Lonesome George" could
not or would not try to equal. This being Hollywood, hordes of
rubberneckers would always tour the stars' neighborhoods to look at their
lights. Gobel dealt with the situation by putting up a sign in his front
yard, illuminated by a single bulb. The sign said, "Merry Christmas.
Please see our light display across the street."

Bill

__o | Look to the past and remember no empire rises
_`\(,_ | that sooner or later won?t fall.
(_)/ (_) | --Al Stewart

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>JohnH wrote:
>> Zilla wrote:
>>> Is this for real, with synchronized sounds from TSO?

>> http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

Wow... I have to believe it's for real - the way the lights light up
the house and make it hard to believe that it's a photoshop job (in
which case the video quality would probably be better, too).

Besides, I suspect it might take less time to actually wire up that
mess than to photoshop the video convincingly.

BTW, I saw a TSO Christmas concert once in Las Vegas (my one and only
trip to that town, I'd suspect). Outstanding show for both the
heathen and believers among us - don't miss it if you get the chance
to see it.

>You mean that ISN'T my new neighbor's house?!? I knew I shouldn't have
>eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...
>
>Hallucinasorni

Watch the eggnog too - it can be downright deadly.

Mark "coulda sworn I saw a fat guy in a flying sleigh" Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

In article <[email protected]>,
Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:

> BTW, I saw a TSO Christmas concert once in Las Vegas (my one and only
> trip to that town, I'd suspect). Outstanding show for both the
> heathen and believers among us - don't miss it if you get the chance
> to see it.

Well, that's a rather damning critique of Interbike...

"JohnH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Bill "I gotta move" S.

> Whassa matta with you, heathen?
>
> That is one sweet, subtle testimate to the jesus fetus.

HAHA, I found myself holding my BIC in the air....

Dave (wow, nice trails...)

"Colorado Bicycler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> We just gave away our three phony deer with lights. I got tired of
> them and of storing and dragging out to the front yard every year, and
> we put a sign on them saying "Free" and they went in one day.

I heard about a very clever use of these phony deer with lights. One guy
near here hung one of them up from a tree by the antlers, and put a bunch of
red lights under it as a festive "gut pile" in honor of the local deer
hunting season.

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JohnH wrote:
> >> eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

> > A response to this is best left to the pros. I'll let Shaun handle
> > this one...

Got the wrong guy then - I don't get paid.

> Believe me, I was aware.

At what age did you become aware?..

> At first I said 13-, then 11-, but my "pervdar"
> hoped 7 would be safe.
>
> Bill "let's move on" S.

Move on a what?

Shaun aRe

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth over

the
> porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
>
> But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
>
> http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
>
> Bill "I gotta move" S.

I will try to get a picture of one of the houses that I pass by on the way
to work every morning. This place is ridiculous, the amount of x-mas ****
that he has on his lawn and house. I think he has won the prize for the past
couple of years for being the most outdone house on Long Island. He starts
putting up his display immediately the next day after Labor Day. He is
usually done by before December. I have never seen anything like it.

- CA-G
bah-humbug...

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth over

> the
>
>>porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
>>
>>But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
>>
>>http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
>>
>>Bill "I gotta move" S.

> I will try to get a picture of one of the houses that I pass by on the way
> to work every morning. This place is ridiculous, the amount of x-mas ****
> that he has on his lawn and house. I think he has won the prize for the past
> couple of years for being the most outdone house on Long Island. He starts
> putting up his display immediately the next day after Labor Day. He is
> usually done by before December. I have never seen anything like it.

I can't imagine these people's electricity bills...

I remember we used to have these neighbors who would put up some tacky
lawn display for every event. This wasn't a neighborhood of big houses
but older duplexes with small front lawns. The couple were kind of goobs
and I got the feeling they had mostly lived in apartments and were
thrilled to have any kind of lawn. Plus they had a kid. For christmas,
they'd put up lights on their front lawn (on a bush) and leave them up
until april That's normal around here, since it's too cold to take them
down. Then they'd put easter eggs on the little bush-tree (plastic
easter eggs) and leave those up for a while, then the canadian flag for
canada day which would be up practically until labor day, and then not
long after that, some halloween displays (which was a big thing in that
area, everyone would put up big deal halloween lawn displays with
corpses etc). It was kind of amusing actually.... they moved before we
did. The next family that moved in had three noisy kids and very little
money so the only thing they put up was a few xmas lights and an irish flag.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth over the
> porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
>
> But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
>
> http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
>
> Bill "I gotta move" S.

LOL this house does exist. It was just featured on the "Today" show on
NBC (Monday December 5,2005).

Ken