(OT) Damn New Neighbor

Bill Sornson wrote:
> So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth over the
> porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
>
> But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
>
> http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
>
> Bill "I gotta move" S.

Don't move, just kill the new neighbor!

Ken

Bill Sornson wrote:
> So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth
> over the porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
>
> But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
>
> http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
>
> Bill "I gotta move" S.

That's the norm for around here. Ever since the BPA dammed the Columbia and
created really cheap ( back then) electricity, they go absolutely freaking
nuts with the lights and accessories around here. We simply could NOT
believe it when we moved up here. People plan all year for the extra 2-300
on their utility bills. They have neighborhood contests, where it looks
like Wal-Mart threw up a holiday warehouse across whole developments. They
have tour buses that drive around, xmas music blaring from outdoor speakers,
giant inflatable snowmen bigger than a house that are run with fans and
motors..

bah, humbug. No lights for me.

Penny

Bill Sornson wrote:
> So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth over the
> porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
>
> But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
>
> http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
>
> Bill "I gotta move" S.

I kind of like that, but there's not enough lights.

I have a projector that puts falling snowflakes on my house. It's
enough for me, since I don't even celebrate xmas.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> Bill "I gotta move" S.

Whassa matta with you, heathen?

That is one sweet, subtle testimate to the jesus fetus.

We just gave away our three phony deer with lights. I got tired of
them and of storing and dragging out to the front yard every year, and
we put a sign on them saying "Free" and they went in one day.

We leave a few lights up on the back and front proch. Then all I have
to do is plug them in. No one can think we aren't participating in
the annaul ritual. :eek:)

I do enjoy looking at others, however. I wonder how many deaths and
injuries happen from folks falling off of the roof as they put their
lights up high and the SClaus on the roof. I bet it is more than
bicycling deaths!

Bill Sornson wrote:
> So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth over the
> porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
>
> But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
>
> http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
>
> Bill "I gotta move" S.

That guys name Griswald by any chance.......

> I wonder how many deaths and
>injuries happen from folks falling off of the roof as they put their
>lights up high and the SClaus on the roof.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/blholidaysafety.htm

"Before crawling up on the roof to string the Christmas lights, you
need to know that every year, hospital emergency rooms treat about
12,500 people for injuries, such as falls, cuts and shocks, related to
holiday lights, decorations and Christmas trees, according to the U.S.
Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).

In addition, warns CPSC, candles start about 11,600 each year,
resulting in 150 deaths, 1,200 injuries and $173 million in property
loss. Christmas trees are involved in about 300 fires annually,
resulting in 10 deaths, 30 injuries and an average of more than $10
million in property loss and damage."

Guess that answers the question!

"JohnH" wrote: (clip) That is one sweet, subtle testimate to the jesus
fetus.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old Testimate or New Testimate?

Leo Lichtman wrote:

> "JohnH" wrote: (clip) That is one sweet, subtle testimate to the
> jesus fetus.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Old Testimate or New Testimate?

"Testimate"??? Is that, like, a ballsy buddy? Guess as to scrotum
size/weight? Over-sensitive significant other?

Bill "nice catch, Leo" S.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Leo Lichtman wrote:
>
>> "JohnH" wrote: (clip) That is one sweet, subtle testimate to the
>> jesus fetus.
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> Old Testimate or New Testimate?

> "Testimate"??? Is that, like, a ballsy buddy? Guess as to scrotum
> size/weight? Over-sensitive significant other?
>
> Bill "nice catch, Leo" S.

Ha ha - it sure was! That Leo is pretty amazing! Almost godlike himself!

> eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

A response to this is best left to the pros. I'll let Shaun handle this
one...

JohnH wrote:
>> eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

> A response to this is best left to the pros. I'll let Shaun handle
> this one...

Believe me, I was aware. At first I said 13-, then 11-, but my "pervdar"
hoped 7 would be safe.

Bill "let's move on" S.

"Bill Sornson" wrote: "Testimate"??? Is that, like, a ballsy buddy? Guess
as to scrotum size/weight? Over-sensitive significant other?
It could also refer to the approximate expected results from the lab.

"JohnH" wrote: Ha ha - it sure was! That Leo is pretty amazing! Almost
godlike himself!
Thanks, John. It's nice to be appreciated. But, isn't it amazing how much
meaning can be compressed into the word "almost?"

> Thanks, John. It's nice to be appreciated. But, isn't it amazing
> how much meaning can be compressed into the word "almost?"

It's almost amazing.