(OT) Damn New Neighbor

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bill Sornson, Nov 24, 2005.

  1. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth over the
    porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.

    But now, THIS guy moved across the street:

    http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM

    Bill "I gotta move" S.

    Tags:

  2. Ken M

    Ken M Guest

    Bill Sornson wrote:
    > So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth over the
    > porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
    >
    > But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
    >
    > http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
    >
    > Bill "I gotta move" S.

    Don't move, just kill the new neighbor!

    Ken

  3. small change

    small change Guest

    Bill Sornson wrote:
    > So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth
    > over the porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
    >
    > But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
    >
    > http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
    >
    > Bill "I gotta move" S.

    That's the norm for around here. Ever since the BPA dammed the Columbia and
    created really cheap ( back then) electricity, they go absolutely freaking
    nuts with the lights and accessories around here. We simply could NOT
    believe it when we moved up here. People plan all year for the extra 2-300
    on their utility bills. They have neighborhood contests, where it looks
    like Wal-Mart threw up a holiday warehouse across whole developments. They
    have tour buses that drive around, xmas music blaring from outdoor speakers,
    giant inflatable snowmen bigger than a house that are run with fans and
    motors..

    bah, humbug. No lights for me.

    Penny

  4. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Bill Sornson wrote:
    > So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth over the
    > porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
    >
    > But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
    >
    > http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
    >
    > Bill "I gotta move" S.

    I kind of like that, but there's not enough lights.

    I have a projector that puts falling snowflakes on my house. It's
    enough for me, since I don't even celebrate xmas.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  5. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Bill Sornson wrote:

    > But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
    >
    > http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM

    That was cool. Although it wouldn't be if it were across the street.

    Thanks for posting the link.

  6. JohnH

    JohnH Guest

    > Bill "I gotta move" S.

    Whassa matta with you, heathen?

    That is one sweet, subtle testimate to the jesus fetus.

  7. We just gave away our three phony deer with lights. I got tired of
    them and of storing and dragging out to the front yard every year, and
    we put a sign on them saying "Free" and they went in one day.

    We leave a few lights up on the back and front proch. Then all I have
    to do is plug them in. No one can think we aren't participating in
    the annaul ritual. :eek:)

    I do enjoy looking at others, however. I wonder how many deaths and
    injuries happen from folks falling off of the roof as they put their
    lights up high and the SClaus on the roof. I bet it is more than
    bicycling deaths!

  8. The Wogster

    The Wogster Guest

    Bill Sornson wrote:
    > So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth over the
    > porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
    >
    > But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
    >
    > http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
    >
    > Bill "I gotta move" S.

    That guys name Griswald by any chance.......

  9. > I wonder how many deaths and
    >injuries happen from folks falling off of the roof as they put their
    >lights up high and the SClaus on the roof.

    http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/blholidaysafety.htm

    "Before crawling up on the roof to string the Christmas lights, you
    need to know that every year, hospital emergency rooms treat about
    12,500 people for injuries, such as falls, cuts and shocks, related to
    holiday lights, decorations and Christmas trees, according to the U.S.
    Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).

    In addition, warns CPSC, candles start about 11,600 each year,
    resulting in 150 deaths, 1,200 injuries and $173 million in property
    loss. Christmas trees are involved in about 300 fires annually,
    resulting in 10 deaths, 30 injuries and an average of more than $10
    million in property loss and damage."

    Guess that answers the question!

  10. Leo Lichtman

    Leo Lichtman Guest

    "JohnH" wrote: (clip) That is one sweet, subtle testimate to the jesus
    fetus.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Old Testimate or New Testimate?

  11. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    Leo Lichtman wrote:

    > "JohnH" wrote: (clip) That is one sweet, subtle testimate to the
    > jesus fetus.
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    > Old Testimate or New Testimate?

    "Testimate"??? Is that, like, a ballsy buddy? Guess as to scrotum
    size/weight? Over-sensitive significant other?

    Bill "nice catch, Leo" S.

  12. JohnH

    JohnH Guest

    Bill Sornson wrote:
    > Leo Lichtman wrote:
    >
    >> "JohnH" wrote: (clip) That is one sweet, subtle testimate to the
    >> jesus fetus.
    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    >> Old Testimate or New Testimate?

    > "Testimate"??? Is that, like, a ballsy buddy? Guess as to scrotum
    > size/weight? Over-sensitive significant other?
    >
    > Bill "nice catch, Leo" S.

    Ha ha - it sure was! That Leo is pretty amazing! Almost godlike himself!

  13. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Is this for real, with synchronized sounds from TSO?

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC USA

    "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > So every year my holiday decorating consists of putting a red cloth over

    the
    > porch light. I'm sure people drive from all over to see it.
    >
    > But now, THIS guy moved across the street:
    >
    > http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
    >
    > Bill "I gotta move" S.

  14. JohnH

    JohnH Guest

  15. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    JohnH wrote:
    > Zilla wrote:
    >> Is this for real, with synchronized sounds from TSO?

    > http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

    You mean that ISN'T my new neighbor's house?!? I knew I shouldn't have
    eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

    Hallucinasorni

  16. JohnH

    JohnH Guest

    > eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

    A response to this is best left to the pros. I'll let Shaun handle this
    one...

  17. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    JohnH wrote:
    >> eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

    > A response to this is best left to the pros. I'll let Shaun handle
    > this one...

    Believe me, I was aware. At first I said 13-, then 11-, but my "pervdar"
    hoped 7 would be safe.

    Bill "let's move on" S.

  18. Leo Lichtman

    Leo Lichtman Guest

    "Bill Sornson" wrote: "Testimate"??? Is that, like, a ballsy buddy? Guess
    as to scrotum size/weight? Over-sensitive significant other?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It could also refer to the approximate expected results from the lab.

  19. Leo Lichtman

    Leo Lichtman Guest

    "JohnH" wrote: Ha ha - it sure was! That Leo is pretty amazing! Almost
    godlike himself!
    Thanks, John. It's nice to be appreciated. But, isn't it amazing how much
    meaning can be compressed into the word "almost?"

  20. JohnH

    JohnH Guest

    > Thanks, John. It's nice to be appreciated. But, isn't it amazing
    > how much meaning can be compressed into the word "almost?"

    It's almost amazing.