(OT) decisions, decisions..... (job)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clydesdalemtb

Sure wish one of the several local towns I applied to would stop dragging their feet and make a
friggin decision.... Yes/No..... I don't care! Just tell me SOMETHING so I can stop circling in this
holding patterns and make other plans! <sheeze>

BUT the good news is I now have two solid offers for employment in my hands. Though both are
conditional upon passing a Psychological Review and blood/urine/hair-test for substance use, I have
no reason to doubt passing ;-) The drawback being both of them are for departments over 1,500 away.
Guess I gotta go to where the jobs are ;-(

The decision I'm wrestling with now is: Do I take the cushy job in an "easier" beat for less pay,
less chances for promotion, etc. or go for the tough, inner-city with dope dealers and pimps,
hookers, gang bangers, a homocide every night, etc., etc. position.

--
John G..... That's "Officer G.", to you.

<queue music> http://www.rampart-sar.com/sounds/badboys.wav

>
>Sure wish one of the several local towns I applied to would stop dragging their feet and make a
>friggin decision.... Yes/No..... I don't care! Just tell me SOMETHING so I can stop circling in
>this holding patterns and make other plans! <sheeze>
>
>BUT the good news is I now have two solid offers for employment in my hands. Though both are
>conditional upon passing a Psychological Review and blood/urine/hair-test for substance use, I have
>no reason to doubt passing ;-) The drawback being both of them are for departments over 1,500 away.
>Guess I gotta go to where the jobs are ;-(
>
>The decision I'm wrestling with now is: Do I take the cushy job in an "easier" beat for less pay,
>less chances for promotion, etc. or go for the tough, inner-city with dope dealers and pimps,
>hookers, gang bangers, a homocide every night, etc., etc. position.
>
>

Can you roughly (or precisley for that matter) say where the offers are. I'm sure many of the folks
here can help you decide by offering up evaluations of the riding opportunies near each one. Because
after all, it's really the only criteria that matters.

Cheers,

-Andrew "never bought a house that wasn't within a ten minute ride of decent trails" Thorne

Andrew Thorne says:

>Can you roughly (or precisley for that matter) say where the offers are. I'm sure many of the folks
>here can help you decide by offering up evaluations of the riding opportunies near each one.
>Because after all, it's really the only criteria that matters.

What he said! C'mon Occifer John, what wuz you thinkin'?

Steve ;-)

Andrew Thorne wrote:

> I'm sure many of the folks here can help you decide by offering up evaluations of the riding
> opportunies near each one. Because after all, it's really the only criteria that matters.

I've already scoped out the riding in both locations. Not nearly as nice as being 5 minutes from
Bear Brook and 10 minutes from FOMBA, but not too horrid either.

Andrew Thorne thoughtfully penned:
>> Sure wish one of the several local towns I applied to would stop dragging their feet and make a
>> friggin decision.... Yes/No..... I don't care! Just tell me SOMETHING so I can stop circling in
>> this holding patterns and make other plans! <sheeze>
>>
>> BUT the good news is I now have two solid offers for employment in my hands. Though both are
>> conditional upon passing a Psychological Review and blood/urine/hair-test for substance use, I
>> have no reason to doubt passing ;-) The drawback being both of them are for departments over
>> 1,500 away. Guess I gotta go to where the jobs are ;-(
>>
>> The decision I'm wrestling with now is: Do I take the cushy job in an "easier" beat for less pay,
>> less chances for promotion, etc. or go for the tough, inner-city with dope dealers and pimps,
>> hookers, gang bangers, a homocide every night, etc., etc. position.
>>
>>
>
> Can you roughly (or precisley for that matter) say where the offers are. I'm sure many of the
> folks here can help you decide by offering up evaluations of the riding opportunies near each one.
> Because after all, it's really the only criteria that matters.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Andrew "never bought a house that wasn't within a ten minute ride of decent trails" Thorne

as a dad of two, does the risk factor mean anything?

Penny

"ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> The decision I'm wrestling with now is: Do I take the cushy job in an "easier" beat for less pay,
> less chances for promotion, etc. or go for the tough, inner-city with dope dealers and pimps,
> hookers, gang bangers, a homocide every night, etc., etc. position.

You ARE 'married with children', right?

'Nuff said.

Pete

Penny S. wrote:
> as a dad of two, does the risk factor mean anything?

Yes.Both have excellent AD&D policies included in oustanding insurance / benefits packages.

"ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[email protected]...
>
>
> Penny S. wrote:
> > as a dad of two, does the risk factor mean anything?
>
>
> Yes.Both have excellent AD&D policies included in oustanding insurance / benefits packages.
>

Penny is right, and insurance can't bring daddy back...

-Dave

> "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> >
> > Penny S. wrote:
> > > as a dad of two, does the risk factor mean anything?
> >
> >
> > Yes.Both have excellent AD&D policies included in oustanding insurance / benefits packages.
> >
>
> Penny is right, and insurance can't bring daddy back...
>
> -Dave

Yeah, but it can buy you a new & improved one.
--
Slacker

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:42:46 -0400, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>Sure wish one of the several local towns I applied to would stop dragging their feet and make a
>friggin decision.... Yes/No..... I don't care! Just tell me SOMETHING so I can stop circling in
>this holding patterns and make other plans! <sheeze>
>
>BUT the good news is I now have two solid offers for employment in my hands. Though both are
>conditional upon passing a Psychological Review and blood/urine/hair-test for substance use, I have
>no reason to doubt passing ;-) The drawback being both of them are for departments over 1,500 away.
>Guess I gotta go to where the jobs are ;-(
>
>The decision I'm wrestling with now is: Do I take the cushy job in an "easier" beat for less pay,
>less chances for promotion, etc. or go for the tough, inner-city with dope dealers and pimps,
>hookers, gang bangers, a homocide every night, etc., etc. position.

What happend with MEM

"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > >
> > > Penny S. wrote:
> > > > as a dad of two, does the risk factor mean anything?
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes.Both have excellent AD&D policies included in oustanding insurance
/
> > > benefits packages.
> > >
> >
> > Penny is right, and insurance can't bring daddy back...
> >
> > -Dave
>
>
> Yeah, but it can buy you a new & improved one.

ROFLMAO!

> Slacker

Dave W wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:42:46 -0400, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>Sure wish one of the several local towns I applied to would stop dragging their feet and make a
>>friggin decision.... Yes/No..... I don't care! Just tell me SOMETHING so I can stop circling in
>>this holding patterns and make other plans! <sheeze>
>>
>>BUT the good news is I now have two solid offers for employment in my hands. Though both are
>>conditional upon passing a Psychological Review and blood/urine/hair-test for substance use, I
>>have no reason to doubt passing ;-) The drawback being both of them are for departments over 1,500
>>away. Guess I gotta go to where the jobs are ;-(
>>
>>The decision I'm wrestling with now is: Do I take the cushy job in an "easier" beat for less pay,
>>less chances for promotion, etc. or go for the tough, inner-city with dope dealers and pimps,
>>hookers, gang bangers, a homocide every night, etc., etc. position.
>
>
>
> What happend with MEM

Yes, my first choice, outside of remaining local.... I'm still waiting for my offer, should be
_REAL_ soon. (Verbally, they said it would be in writing, next week.)

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>
> Penny S. wrote:
> > as a dad of two, does the risk factor mean anything?
>
>
> Yes.Both have excellent AD&D policies included in oustanding insurance / benefits packages.

OK, but surely, that's way at the bottom of the list of priorities, with not getting yerself _dead_
or maimed in the first place john! I'm sure your family would agree, no?

Shaun aRe - Future financial security ain't the people you love.

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Penny S. wrote:
> > > > > as a dad of two, does the risk factor mean anything?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yes.Both have excellent AD&D policies included in oustanding
insurance
> /
> > > > benefits packages.
> > > >
> > >
> > > Penny is right, and insurance can't bring daddy back...
> > >
> > > -Dave
> >
> >
> > Yeah, but it can buy you a new & improved one.
>
> ROFLMAO!
>
> > Slacker

You pair of arseholes! Heheheheh...... ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
>
>
> Penny S. wrote:
>
>> as a dad of two, does the risk factor mean anything?
>
>
>

Uh.... Have you posed this question to SWMBO? If not, please allow me to stand "in loco espousis"

"Are you nuts? What makes you think you're expendable? That good insurance or a larger paycheck
could in any way, shape or form make up for your children growing up without you?" <spouse mode off>

And not only that, "less chance for promotion" is just statistics. It doesn't take your personal
abilities and character into account. No matter how small the pail, the cream will always rise
to the top.

Kathleen

Kathleen wrote:
>
> ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
> >
> >
> > Penny S. wrote:
> >
> >> as a dad of two, does the risk factor mean anything?
> >
> >
> >
> > Yes.Both have excellent AD&D policies included in oustanding insurance / benefits packages.
>
> Uh.... Have you posed this question to SWMBO? If not, please allow me to stand "in loco espousis"
>
> "Are you nuts? What makes you think you're expendable? That good insurance or a larger
> paycheck could in any way, shape or form make up for your children growing up without you?"
> <spouse mode off>
>
> And not only that, "less chance for promotion" is just statistics. It doesn't take your personal
> abilities and character into account. No matter how small the pail, the cream will always rise to
> the top.
>
> Kathleen

You forgot about scum. Scum always rises.

--
J'm

To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 05:51:22 -0400, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
>Dave W wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:42:46 -0400, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Sure wish one of the several local towns I applied to would stop dragging their feet and make a
>>>friggin decision.... Yes/No..... I don't care! Just tell me SOMETHING so I can stop circling in
>>>this holding patterns and make other plans! <sheeze>
>>>
>>>BUT the good news is I now have two solid offers for employment in my hands. Though both are
>>>conditional upon passing a Psychological Review and blood/urine/hair-test for substance use, I
>>>have no reason to doubt passing ;-) The drawback being both of them are for departments over
>>>1,500 away. Guess I gotta go to where the jobs are ;-(
>>>
>>>The decision I'm wrestling with now is: Do I take the cushy job in an "easier" beat for less pay,
>>>less chances for promotion, etc. or go for the tough, inner-city with dope dealers and pimps,
>>>hookers, gang bangers, a homocide every night, etc., etc. position.
>>
>>
>>
>> What happend with MEM
>
>Yes, my first choice, outside of remaining local.... I'm still waiting for my offer, should be
>_REAL_ soon. (Verbally, they said it would be in writing, next week.)

Whew, I thought you were saying that they balked. Glad it's still a front runner.

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>
>>Penny S. wrote:
>>
>>>as a dad of two, does the risk factor mean anything?
>>
>>
>>Yes.Both have excellent AD&D policies included in oustanding insurance / benefits packages.
>
>
> OK, but surely, that's way at the bottom of the list of priorities, with not getting yerself
> _dead_ or maimed in the first place john! I'm sure your family would agree, no?

Yeah, I guess so.... Though some days, I really wonder.

Dave W wrote:
>>>What happend with MEM
>>
>>Yes, my first choice, outside of remaining local.... I'm still waiting for my offer, should be
>>_REAL_ soon. (Verbally, they said it would be in writing, next week.)
>
>
> Whew, I thought you were saying that they balked.

They did balk at a buch of my colllege credits, I'll need to re-do them. The story goes: It was a
2-year Technical College that went out of business shortly after I graduated. They _were_ fully
accredited at the time I attended, but still... they don't want to accept the credits because the
school is not on their list of "approved schools" well no sh!t it's not on the list! they went out
of business in 1991!!!! <Don't get me started.. uggh!>

At least they would be paying for the classes and for my classroom time. But I in the meantime I
will not recieve my full commision until I fulfil thier "Completed Semester Hour requirements".

Yeah, I'm kinda cheesed off about the whole deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.