OT: Desperately Seeking Pete Jones

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Gwen Shutter, Apr 23, 2003.

  1. Gwen Shutter

    Gwen Shutter Guest

    Extremely OT, but am desperate. Please forgive. Have been trying to find someone for several years
    and don't know where else to try. Internet e-mail address searches have yielded 100's of dead ends.

    Seeking Pete Jones, originally from Albany, NY, USA. Mid-forties. About 5 feet 8-10 inches tall.
    Reddish hair (at least it was 8 years ago). Last known (several years ago) whereabouts rumored to
    have been Kentucky. Last known employment was in D/P. Original D/P employment at GE in Schenectady,
    NY. Started out with CoBOL, but has undoubtedly moved on to something else. Workaholic (at least he
    was 20 years ago). Lifted weights (at least he did 20 years ago). Graduated military-style HS
    mid-seventies.

    EXTREMELY smart. Wouldn't be surprised to be found running own consulting/software development
    company or very high up in management or technical position.

    Please help, folks. Sound like anybody you know? It's very important to me personally to get back in
    touch. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

    Gwen

    Tags:

  2. Paul Vader

    Paul Vader Guest

    [email protected] (Gwen Shutter) writes:
    >Extremely OT, but am desperate. Please forgive. Have been trying to find someone for several years
    >and don't know where else to try. Internet e-mail address searches have yielded 100's of dead ends.

    Never, ever, do this again. *
    --
    * PV something like badgers--something like lizards--and something like corkscrews.

  3. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Gwen Shutter wrote:
    > Extremely OT, but am desperate. Please forgive. Have been trying to find someone for several
    > years and don't know where else to try. Internet e-mail address searches have yielded 100's of
    > dead ends.
    >
    > Seeking Pete Jones, originally from Albany, NY, USA. Mid-forties. About 5 feet 8-10 inches tall.
    > Reddish hair (at least it was 8 years ago). Last known (several years ago) whereabouts rumored to
    > have been Kentucky. Last known employment was in D/P. Original D/P employment at GE in
    > Schenectady, NY. Started out with CoBOL, but has undoubtedly moved on to something else.
    > Workaholic (at least he was 20 years ago). Lifted weights (at least he did 20 years ago).
    > Graduated military-style HS mid-seventies.
    >
    > EXTREMELY smart. Wouldn't be surprised to be found running own consulting/software development
    > company or very high up in management or technical position.
    >
    > Please help, folks. Sound like anybody you know? It's very important to me personally to get back
    > in touch. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    >
    > Gwen

    Sorry, Pete's not here.

    We've got a spare Dave we could let you have, though.

    Kathleen

  4. >We've got a spare Dave we could let you have, though.

    >Kathleen

    As long as you take Jeff and Mike (it's a package deal)

    Steve

  5. Spider

    Spider Guest

    Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Gwen Shutter wrote:
    > > Extremely OT, but am desperate. Please forgive. Have been trying to find someone for several
    > > years and don't know where else to try. Internet e-mail address searches have yielded 100's of
    > > dead ends.
    > >
    > > Seeking Pete Jones, originally from Albany, NY, USA. Mid-forties. About 5 feet 8-10 inches tall.
    > > Reddish hair (at least it was 8 years ago). Last known (several years ago) whereabouts rumored
    > > to have been Kentucky. Last known employment was in D/P. Original D/P employment at GE in
    > > Schenectady, NY. Started out with CoBOL, but has undoubtedly moved on to something else.
    > > Workaholic (at least he was 20 years ago). Lifted weights (at least he did 20 years ago).
    > > Graduated military-style HS mid-seventies.
    > >
    > > EXTREMELY smart. Wouldn't be surprised to be found running own consulting/software development
    > > company or very high up in management or technical position.
    > >
    > > Please help, folks. Sound like anybody you know? It's very important to me personally to get
    > > back in touch. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    > >
    > > Gwen
    >

    > Sorry, Pete's not here.
    >
    > We've got a spare Dave we could let you have, though.
    >
    > Kathleen

    ROTFL!

    Classic.

    Spider

  6. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On 23 Apr 2003 10:39:59 -0700, [email protected] (Gwen Shutter) blathered:

    >Extremely OT, but am desperate. Please forgive. Have been trying to find someone for several years
    >and don't know where else to try. Internet e-mail address searches have yielded 100's of dead ends.
    >
    >Seeking Pete Jones, originally from Albany, NY, USA. Mid-forties. About 5 feet 8-10 inches tall.
    >Reddish hair (at least it was 8 years ago). Last known (several years ago) whereabouts rumored to
    >have been Kentucky. Last known employment was in D/P. Original D/P employment at GE in Schenectady,
    >NY. Started out with CoBOL, but has undoubtedly moved on to something else. Workaholic

    Must be talking about some other Pete Jones, I guess.

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  7. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    Tried the "Witness Protection Scheme"?

    They're a pretty tight-lipped mob but you never know....:D

  8. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:49:59 -0500, Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Gwen Shutter wrote:
    >> Extremely OT, but am desperate. Please forgive. Have been trying to find someone for several
    >> years and don't know where else to try. Internet e-mail address searches have yielded 100's of
    >> dead ends.
    >>
    >> Seeking Pete Jones, originally from Albany, NY, USA. Mid-forties. About 5 feet 8-10 inches tall.
    >> Reddish hair (at least it was 8 years ago). Last known (several years ago) whereabouts rumored to
    >> have been Kentucky. Last known employment was in D/P. Original D/P employment at GE in
    >> Schenectady, NY. Started out with CoBOL, but has undoubtedly moved on to something else.
    >> Workaholic (at least he was 20 years ago). Lifted weights (at least he did 20 years ago).
    >> Graduated military-style HS mid-seventies.
    >>
    >> EXTREMELY smart. Wouldn't be surprised to be found running own consulting/software development
    >> company or very high up in management or technical position.
    >>
    >> Please help, folks. Sound like anybody you know? It's very important to me personally to get back
    >> in touch. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    >>
    >> Gwen
    >

    >Sorry, Pete's not here.
    >
    >We've got a spare Dave we could let you have, though.
    >
    >Kathleen

    Awww, thanks Kat. I knew you still cared. But O am wonderful right where I'm at. But again thanks
    for caring. With friends like you. Who needs enemas.

    Dave (feel the love!)

  9. Gwen Shutter

    Gwen Shutter Guest

    [email protected] (Paul Vader) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Gwen Shutter) writes:
    > >Extremely OT, but am desperate. Please forgive. Have been trying to find someone for several
    > >years and don't know where else to try. Internet e-mail address searches have yielded 100's of
    > >dead ends.
    >
    > Never, ever, do this again. *

    Or what, you'll tell my Mommy? There are plenty of OT posts in these NG's. Go pick on somebody
    your own size.

  10. Gwen Shutter

    Gwen Shutter Guest

    Thanks everybody. Found him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. greatday

    greatday Guest

    On 25 Apr 2003 05:42:11 -0700, [email protected] (Gwen Shutter) wrote:

    >Thanks everybody. Found him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Is he the father?

  12. Gwendolyn

    Gwendolyn Guest

  13. The Maverick

    The Maverick Guest

    Gwen Shutter wrote:

    > [email protected] (Paul Vader) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>[email protected] (Gwen Shutter) writes:
    >>
    >>>Extremely OT, but am desperate. Please forgive. Have been trying to find someone for several
    >>>years and don't know where else to try. Internet e-mail address searches have yielded 100's of
    >>>dead ends.
    >>>
    >>Never, ever, do this again. *
    >
    > Or what, you'll tell my Mommy? There are plenty of OT posts in these NG's. Go pick on somebody
    > your own size.

    Let's see... if *everyone* who is trying to find a person mass-posted such messages to all sorts of
    newsgroups... well, if you don't have the brainpower to figure out the problem then spelling it out
    probably won't help any either. ;-)

    the Mav

    --

    "Never give up -- never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

  14. [email protected] (Gwen Shutter) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > [email protected] (Paul Vader) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> [email protected] (Gwen Shutter) writes:
    >> >Extremely OT, but am desperate. Please forgive. Have been trying to find someone for several
    >> >years and don't know where else to try. Internet e-mail address searches have yielded 100's of
    >> >dead ends.
    >>
    >> Never, ever, do this again. *
    >
    > Or what, you'll tell my Mommy? There are plenty of OT posts in these NG's. Go pick on somebody
    > your own size.

    No, he'll report you to your ISP for newsgroup spamming; and judging by your nasty attitude, that
    should have been done the first time you did this.

    --
    Want a custom-built PC designed by gamers, for gamers? Visit http://kryptonite.pc-gamereview.com
    Tired of spam in your mailbox? Come to http://www.spamblocked.com

  15. [email protected] (Gwen Shutter) wrote:

    >[email protected] (Paul Vader) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> [email protected] (Gwen Shutter) writes:
    >> >Extremely OT, but am desperate. Please forgive. Have been trying to find someone for several
    >> >years and don't know where else to try. Internet e-mail address searches have yielded 100's of
    >> >dead ends.
    >>
    >> Never, ever, do this again. *
    >
    >Or what, you'll tell my Mommy? There are plenty of OT posts in these NG's. Go pick on somebody your
    >own size.

    No, but someone else might be nasty enough and drop a line to The State of Georgia, Department of
    Administrative Services.

  16. On 25 Apr 2003 05:42:11 -0700, [email protected] (Gwen Shutter) wrote:

    >Thanks everybody. Found him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Good. Now you can tell him about your genital herpes.

    You know it's the right thing to do.

    --
    Kevin S. Wilson Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho "My sites will be back up shortly,
    and your fate will be served in due time." -- Brendan Battles, Spammer, in NANAE on April 1, 2003.

  17. Gary Woods

    Gary Woods Guest

    [email protected] (Gwen Shutter) wrote:

    > There are plenty of OT posts in these NG's.

    I think I'm beginning to regret forwarding the original post to Pete...

    --
    Gary Woods O- K2AHC Public keys at www.albany.net/~gwoods, or get 0x1D64A93D via keyserver
    [email protected] [email protected] fingerprint = E2 6F 50 93 7B C7 F3 CA 1F 8B 3C C0 B0 28 68 0B

  18. h, y3ah, Kevin S. Wilson <[email protected]>? 0n Fri, 25 Apr 2003
    13:27:58 -0600, yoµ wrot3:

    (Uh oh! Poor dude didn't run far enough, eyy?)

    >Good. Now you can tell him about your genital herpes. You know it's the right thing to do.

    He could at least tell her how Usenet works, and Google.
    ---
    begin reading.my.response.to.%from%.exe /autoformat /haha:\n Oops, my sig's broke. If you can read
    this, at least your reader's not broke.