OT: Driver's licenses for illegals - just to bizarre

still me

Guest
In New Mexico, they are giving driver's licenses to illegals.

The illegal has to show to show ID and prove that they are actually
living in New Mexico illegally before they can get a license.

Incredible.

On Nov 6, 9:59 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:
> In New Mexico, they are giving driver's licenses to illegals.
>
> The illegal has to show to show ID and prove that they are actually
> living in New Mexico illegally before they can get a license.
>
> Incredible.

So? Undocumented workers have been part of our economy forever--
they'll still drive with or without licenses. I'd rather they took a
test and were eligible for insurance, as opposed to being notorious
hit-and -run candidates as they are now.

Wanna get outraged? Look to NAFTA

still me wrote:
> In New Mexico, they are giving driver's licenses to illegals.
>
> The illegal has to show to show ID and prove that they are actually
> living in New Mexico illegally before they can get a license.
>
> Incredible.

With Motor-Voter laws, don't they automatically get voter registration
cards, too? (That's the real intent in NY, of course.)

Just another example of granting rights to non citizens...

BS (hip deep)

Bill Sornson wrote:
> still me wrote:
>> In New Mexico, they are giving driver's licenses to illegals.
>>
>> The illegal has to show to show ID and prove that they are actually
>> living in New Mexico illegally before they can get a license.
>>
>> Incredible.

> With Motor-Voter laws, don't they automatically get voter registration
> cards, too? (That's the real intent in NY, of course.)
>
> Just another example of granting rights to non citizens...

JFTR, I meant the voting part as a "right"; driver's license is a privilege,
of course.

BTW, if a "known conservative" was the OP, he or she would be denounced as a
racist and bigot and xenophobe in short order.

Out.

still me wrote:
> In New Mexico, they are giving driver's licenses to illegals.
> The illegal has to show to show ID and prove that they are actually
> living in New Mexico illegally before they can get a license.
> Incredible.

I don't get it but Hillary was for it before she was against it, or the
other way around maybe...
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

From John Edwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggO5yY7RAo

A Muzi wrote:
> still me wrote:
>> In New Mexico, they are giving driver's licenses to illegals.
>> The illegal has to show to show ID and prove that they are actually
>> living in New Mexico illegally before they can get a license.
>> Incredible.

> I don't get it but Hillary was for it before she was against it, or
> the other way around maybe...

From John Edwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggO5yY7RAo

Dans le message de
news:[email protected],
landotter <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> On Nov 6, 9:59 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:
>> In New Mexico, they are giving driver's licenses to illegals.
>>
>> The illegal has to show to show ID and prove that they are actually
>> living in New Mexico illegally before they can get a license.
>>
>> Incredible.

> So? Undocumented workers have been part of our economy forever--
> they'll still drive with or without licenses. I'd rather they took a
> test and were eligible for insurance, as opposed to being notorious
> hit-and -run candidates as they are now.
>
> Wanna get outraged? Look to NAFTA

Well, the license stuff is certainly a popular subject.
What does one do when the illegal but licensed driver does something to lose
his license ? Does one expect them not to drive, conforming to the rule ?

Just wondering...

Dans le message de
news:[email protected],
landotter <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> On Nov 6, 9:59 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:
>> In New Mexico, they are giving driver's licenses to illegals.
>>
>> The illegal has to show to show ID and prove that they are actually
>> living in New Mexico illegally before they can get a license.
>>
>> Incredible.

> So? Undocumented workers have been part of our economy forever--
> they'll still drive with or without licenses. I'd rather they took a
> test and were eligible for insurance, as opposed to being notorious
> hit-and -run candidates as they are now.
>
> Wanna get outraged? Look to NAFTA

Well, the license stuff is certainly a popular subject.
What does one do when the illegal but licensed driver does something to lose
his license ? Does one expect them not to drive, conforming to the rule ?

Just wondering...

On Nov 6, 9:59 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:
> In New Mexico, they are giving driver's licenses to illegals.
>
> The illegal has to show to show ID and prove that they are actually
> living in New Mexico illegally before they can get a license.
>
> Incredible.

No, not if you consider that citizenship status is a federal matter,
driver's licenses are a state matter, and New Mexico has a more
enlightened approach than the Federal Government because they have a
keener sense of the social and economic necessity of immigrant and
migrant workers than the country as a whole.

I haven't seen any believable suggestions from xenophobes about how
the USA is going to feed itself if it actually ejects all its
undocumented workers. We're going to have to teach a lot of
illiterate miscreants from the US education system how to do things
like pour concrete foundations, too. I don't know about you, but I
don't want to live in a house built by TV-addled teenagers whose last
jobs were flipping burgers or hustling cell phones. And I sure as
hell can't afford one built by competent, industrious US tradesmen
grossing $50 or more per hour.

Chalo

Sandy wrote:
> Well, the license stuff is certainly a popular subject.
> What does one do when the illegal but licensed driver does something to lose
> his license ? Does one expect them not to drive, conforming to the rule ?
> Just wondering...

Here's one approach:
http://www.italy-news.net/articoli/eng/articolo_03.php3

Sorta unworkable with some number of criminals in amongst 20 million
illegal immigrants mixed into a 300 million-plus population...
--

A Muzi wrote:

> Sandy wrote:
>> Well, the license stuff is certainly a popular subject.
>> What does one do when the illegal but licensed driver does something
>> to lose his license ? Does one expect them not to drive, conforming
>> to the rule ? Just wondering...

> Here's one approach:
> http://www.italy-news.net/articoli/eng/articolo_03.php3
>
> Sorta unworkable with some number of criminals in amongst 20 million
> illegal immigrants mixed into a 300 million-plus population...

The leading Dems are against deporting illegal aliens who commit /violent/
crimes, much less pedestrian stuff like drug dealing, fraud, robbery and the
like. Can't lose all those would-be voters, you know!

A Muzi wrote:

> Sandy wrote:
>> Well, the license stuff is certainly a popular subject.
>> What does one do when the illegal but licensed driver does something
>> to lose his license ? Does one expect them not to drive, conforming
>> to the rule ? Just wondering...

> Here's one approach:
> http://www.italy-news.net/articoli/eng/articolo_03.php3
>
> Sorta unworkable with some number of criminals in amongst 20 million
> illegal immigrants mixed into a 300 million-plus population...

The leading Dems are against deporting illegal aliens who commit /violent/
crimes, much less pedestrian stuff like drug dealing, fraud, robbery and the
like. Can't lose all those would-be voters, you know!

Dans le message de news:[email protected],
A Muzi <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

>> landotter <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
>>> So? Undocumented workers have been part of our economy forever--
>>> they'll still drive with or without licenses. I'd rather they took a
>>> test and were eligible for insurance, as opposed to being notorious
>>> hit-and -run candidates as they are now.
>>> Wanna get outraged? Look to NAFTA

> Sandy wrote:
>> Well, the license stuff is certainly a popular subject.
>> What does one do when the illegal but licensed driver does something
>> to lose his license ? Does one expect them not to drive, conforming
>> to the rule ? Just wondering...

> Here's one approach:
> http://www.italy-news.net/articoli/eng/articolo_03.php3
>
> Sorta unworkable with some number of criminals in amongst 20 million
> illegal immigrants mixed into a 300 million-plus population...

Well, if you look closely, you won't see a Europe that is at ease.
But there is now a Europe-wide arrest warrant available.
And the health-care you have at home is available in another member state.
SuperSarko is coming to visit you soon. Probably bringing another few
thousand automatic radar devices to ticket visiting froggies (me included)
who will pay back home.

BTW, I just got a Maine driver's license for free by showing my FR license,
and by writing my local address. No proof of residence at all was required.
But they didn't ask me if I wanted to vote. And I don't. For what?
--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR