OT: Driver's licenses for illegals - just to bizarre

Bill Sornson wrote:
> You guys also say Bush blamed 9-11 on Saddam Hussein and/or Iraq. Provide
> one true quote claiming that. I'll wait.

It was a mandate from the top... link 9/11 and Iraq so the public will
approve an invasion. They never said it explicitly but the sheeple do
not require explicit statements... or anything that makes sense... to
sway their opinions.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0314/p02s01-woiq.html
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-09-06-poll-iraq_x.htm

> It's really simple: if Bush lied, manufactured intelligence, or even
> distorted it, prove it and impeach him. I'll wait.

Proving it is incredibly simple... unfortunately proof is not enough
to automatically get someone impeached.

On Nov 9, 5:11 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Nov 9, 5:41 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:

> > >You removed too much context to know what the hell you're talking about.
> >>(Hint: the original material I quoted was specifically about New York, and
> > >quoted election officials. HTH.)

> > But the "original material" you quoted was from an editorial source
> > and lacked any evidence that false registration was actually
> > happening. I'd say you two balance out.

> undocumented people voting is an urban myth, just like undocumented
> people collecting welfare benefits. There is absolutely no evidence of
> this, and if it were, anti immigrant folk would publicize the hell out
> of it.
>
> Andres- Hide quoted text -

issuing drivers Licenses will assist them in registering to vote in an
other state, and also in states that are not efficient at checking for
guns ,illegals go to hock shops and get guns with these licenses.
Very bad to issue d.l.'s to illegals, they get the world handed to
them here from us taxpayers at the tune of
11-Billion per year as it is now, why would anyone want
to give them licenses too ?
They DO receive welfare and Food stamps, and free medical , and the
worst is that they get our Social Secutity......check out your
facts ...www.immigrationcounters.com

Ron Ruff wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> You guys also say Bush blamed 9-11 on Saddam Hussein and/or Iraq.
>> Provide one true quote claiming that. I'll wait.

> It was a mandate from the top... link 9/11 and Iraq so the public will
> approve an invasion. They never said it explicitly but the sheeple do
> not require explicit statements... or anything that makes sense... to
> sway their opinions.

Saying it's so doesn't make it so. Just one lousy quote! (Hint: Bush,
Cheney and other admin officials repeatedly said that there was no evidence
that Saddam Hussein or Iraq had any direct involvement in 9-11. Hillary
said he supported and worked with Al Qaeda; that was more than the admin
claimed.

> http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0314/p02s01-woiq.html
> http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-09-06-poll-iraq_x.htm
>
>> It's really simple: if Bush lied, manufactured intelligence, or even
>> distorted it, prove it and impeach him. I'll wait.

> Proving it is incredibly simple... unfortunately proof is not enough
> to automatically get someone impeached.

Brilliantly absurd. Nicely done.

Bigjer wrote:
> On Nov 9, 4:56 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 22:43:55 -0800, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The biggest distinction, of course, is that historically
>>> immigrants (legal or not) tried and wanted to assimilate into
>>> their new surroundings by "learning the language", adopting local
>>> customs, etc. Today they take to the streets and wave their
>>> homelands' flags and protest for entitlements -- things that,
>>> ironically, would get them arrested or worse in their countries
>>> of origin.

>> I don't really care if they want to celebrate their nationality.
>> That's just exercising a couple rights we have here that they don't
>> have anywhere else. I do have to concur on the "learn the
>> language" issue.
>>
>> My point is that they need to be here legally. If they are not here
>> legally, then don't confer benefits and privileges of citizenship
>> on them - driver's licenses included.
>>
>> The upshot is that they need to enforce the laws concerning illegal
>> immigration. Unfortunately the Democrats let their liberal wing
>> push a policy of "any and all, regardless of legality" and the
>> Republicans let their neo-con wing push a policy of "any and all,
>> regardless of legality".

> ******************************************************** I'm
> confused.....I thought the DEMO's were the ones who want the illegals
> here for their 'votes', and showing off their nationality, how many
> other nationalities show off by mass marches in our country, and dont
> confer any gifts on them...? I think that the DEMO congress has
> confered $ 11-Billion $$$$ worth of "bennies" on them every year
> since 2000....that we the taxpayer, has to support these
> invaders....what more would you want for them....hell life is so easy
> for them , they will never leave on their own....

Yes, you are confused. The Democrats lost control of Congress in 1994
and didn't regain control until 2006.

And "life is so easy" for illegals? Low end, often sub-minimum wages
doing tasks that no one else in America wants to do? The sad thing is
that they still often make more than they could in whatever country they
come from- which is why they come. That's why, for the sake of the
security of our borders, we'd probably be better off spending the money
to help those economies get up to speed.

Ron Ruff wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> You guys also say Bush blamed 9-11 on Saddam Hussein and/or Iraq. Provide
>> one true quote claiming that. I'll wait.

How about two:

4/18/03: "Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including
al-Qaida members."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/nationalsecurity/disarm.html

6/17/04: "The president answered: 'The reason I keep insisting that
there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda, because
there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda.'"

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/17/Bush.alqaeda/index.html

> It was a mandate from the top... link 9/11 and Iraq so the public will
> approve an invasion. They never said it explicitly but the sheeple do
> not require explicit statements... or anything that makes sense... to
> sway their opinions.
>
> http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0314/p02s01-woiq.html
> http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-09-06-poll-iraq_x.htm
>
>> It's really simple: if Bush lied, manufactured intelligence, or even
>> distorted it, prove it and impeach him. I'll wait.

You've got just two of the many examples above. Feel free to check out
the following regarding Veep666:

http://kucinich.house.gov/SpotlightIssues/documents.htm

> Proving it is incredibly simple... unfortunately proof is not enough
> to automatically get someone impeached.

Impeachment requires due process, as it should. "Justice" that is
"automatic" too often becomes a miscarriage of justice.

Tim McNamara wrote:
> Far be it from me to sound the praises of Ronald Reagan, who was one of
> the two worst Presidents in my lifetime thus far. However, the state
> hospitals that were closed were in many cases little more than rendition
> camps for the mentally ill.

I was involved in the demolition and redevelopment of one of these
institutions. The buildings and layout said "concentration camp".

> There was no plan to treat the patients and
> improve their functioning to the point that they could return to live in
> society- they were segregated from society so that the rest of us
> weren't bothered by intrusive, muttering, discomforting schizophrenics
> and the like. The back wards were nowhere worth living. The failure
> was that the promised community resources to support these folks in
> their reintegration into the world were never created or, if created,
> were unfunded and went out of business. As a result the ranks of
> homeless in America swelled dramatically with much suffering in
> consequence of this.

These people should stop living off the system and get a job. [end sarcasm]

Puts the lie to this being a compassionate society, no?

> What should have happened- but didn't- is something like what happens in
> the town of Geel in Belgium. For something like 1500 years, Geel has
> had a tradition of providing foster care for and integrating
> schizophrenics into the community. The single biggest factor for
> schizophrenics to live successfully in a community is not the treatment
> of their illness but the tolerance and support of the people around
> them. Schizophrenics act weird and as a result tend to be shunned, and
> it is that reaction that creates many of the problems faced by people
> with these illnesses.

Why bother - private security can keep the mentally ill and other
undesirables out of the gated communities where the real decision makers
live. The police perform the same function in affluent communities.

Tradition is the worst rational for action.

Bigjer WHO? wrote:
> I'm confused.....I thought the DEMO's were the ones who want the
> illegals here for their 'votes', and showing off their nationality,
> how many other nationalities show off by mass marches in our country,
> and dont confer any gifts on them...?
> I think that the DEMO congress has confered $ 11-Billion $$$$ worth
> of "bennies" on them every year since 2000....that we the taxpayer,
> has to support these invaders....what more would you want for
> them....hell life is so easy for them , they will never leave on their
> own....

You are certainly confused on the proper use of the ellipsis. This
confusion extends to what life is actually like for poor people who are
desperate for work that pays enough to feed their families.

Tom Sherman wrote:

> OK Tim McNamara - you get to play God and design the world. Would it
> have competing nations fighting and squabbling, restricting
> movements of each other's citizens, or a unified human society?

Sorry, not believing in gods I can't play god. The world wasn't
designed. It is what it is, deal with that rather than playing
philosophical games that can accomplish nothing. In this instance you
have created a false dichotomy in order to bias my choices. A unified
global human society is not a possibility now and may never be. The
alternative to governments is not a unified human society- it is anarchy
and petty warlords. There would be more Rwandas, more Bosnias, more
Darfurs, more Khmer Rouges.

You choose to filter your perceptions of government to examine only
problems- some of which may not actually even be problems in actuality.
Governments also provide significant benefits- not the least of which
is restraining the violent impulses of human nature. While governments
can and have accomplished violence on a large scale, they also provide
for the prevention of violence on both large and small scales.
Governments are certainly imperfect, but one of the benefits of the
democratic process is that it allows governments to be held accountable
and improved over time.

In the interim, governments declare the right to control who enters
their borders and through this to protect their people and their
resources. A nation with unrestricted borders would soon cease to
exist. Like any other endeavor, however, this of course can be carried
to far as recently seen in Burma and the current situation in Pakistan,
or as shown in China or the former USSR.

Tim McNamara wrote:
> Tom Sherman wrote:
> >
>> OK Tim McNamara - you get to play God and design the world. Would it
>> have competing nations fighting and squabbling, restricting
>> movements of each other's citizens, or a unified human society?

> Sorry, not believing in gods I can't play god. The world wasn't
> designed. It is what it is, deal with that rather than playing
> philosophical games that can accomplish nothing. In this instance you
> have created a false dichotomy in order to bias my choices. A unified
> global human society is not a possibility now and may never be.

That is opinion, not a statement of fact.

> The
> alternative to governments is not a unified human society- it is anarchy
> and petty warlords. There would be more Rwandas, more Bosnias, more
> Darfurs, more Khmer Rouges.

Where did I suggest abolishing governments? I missed that part.

> You choose to filter your perceptions of government to examine only
> problems- some of which may not actually even be problems in actuality.
> Governments also provide significant benefits- not the least of which
> is restraining the violent impulses of human nature. While governments
> can and have accomplished violence on a large scale, they also provide
> for the prevention of violence on both large and small scales.

More the former than the latter, especially when economic violence is
included.

> Governments are certainly imperfect, but one of the benefits of the
> democratic process is that it allows governments to be held accountable
> and improved over time.

Or the opposite can happen, e.g. do you really think government has
improved in the US over the last three decades?

> In the interim, governments declare the right to control who enters
> their borders and through this to protect their people and their
> resources. A nation with unrestricted borders would soon cease to
> exist.

On a smaller scale, groups of nations have allowed free movement of
people, without disastrous consequences. Again, restricting free
movement is a violation of a fundamental human right.

Tom Sherman wrote:
> Tim McNamara wrote:
>> Tom Sherman wrote:
>>>
>>> OK Tim McNamara - you get to play God and design the world. Would
>>> it have competing nations fighting and squabbling, restricting
>>> movements of each other's citizens, or a unified human society?

>> Sorry, not believing in gods I can't play god. The world wasn't
>> designed. It is what it is, deal with that rather than playing
>> philosophical games that can accomplish nothing. In this instance
>> you have created a false dichotomy in order to bias my choices. A
>> unified global human society is not a possibility now and may never
>> be.

> That is opinion, not a statement of fact.

You get what you ask for. Duh. However, pointing out your creation of a
false dichotomy is a statement of fact.

>> The alternative to governments is not a unified human society- it
>> is anarchy and petty warlords. There would be more Rwandas, more
>> Bosnias, more Darfurs, more Khmer Rouges.

> Where did I suggest abolishing governments? I missed that part.

The tone of your rhetoric is resolutely anti-government.

>> You choose to filter your perceptions of government to examine only
>> problems- some of which may not actually even be problems in
>> actuality. Governments also provide significant benefits- not the
>> least of which is restraining the violent impulses of human
>> nature. While governments can and have accomplished violence on a
>> large scale, they also provide for the prevention of violence on
>> both large and small scales.

> More the former than the latter, especially when economic violence is
> included.

You're selectively filtering your view of reality again. While these
things are lacking in the United States due to the haves and the
have-mores (to use GWB's description of his "base") running the show for
their own benefit, many countries in the world provide public policy
that actually does value families including a reasonable social safety
net, health care, living wage standards, liveable retirement benefits,
good public transportation, bicycle infrastructure, mandated vacation
benefits, a shorter work week etc. And- despite a higher tax burden
that would cause conservatives in the US to declare that the end of the
world is at hand- many of these nation equal or outperform American
productivity on a per-capita basis. The quality of life ratings of big
chunks of the world equals or surpassed those of the US.

OTOH, three billion people on the planet live on $3 a day or less and
nearly half the world's wealth is controlled by a relative handful of
people. The prosperity of the few is built upon the poverty of many,
and that is an ethical problem that condemns much of the "values based"
leadership touted by the haves and the have-mores.

>> Governments are certainly imperfect, but one of the benefits of the
>> democratic process is that it allows governments to be held
>> accountable and improved over time.

> Or the opposite can happen, e.g. do you really think government has
> improved in the US over the last three decades?

It's hard to see in the throes of the Bush Administration's stunning
incompetence, thanks to its dedication to patronage, nepotism and
preference for loyalty over ability. I'll grant you that. Memory is
short and tends to be overwhelmed by proximal events. The 2006
elections were a sign of hope.

>> In the interim, governments declare the right to control who enters
>> their borders and through this to protect their people and their
>> resources. A nation with unrestricted borders would soon cease to
>> exist.

> On a smaller scale, groups of nations have allowed free movement of
> people, without disastrous consequences. Again, restricting free
> movement is a violation of a fundamental human right.

Movement between selected partner nations, such as the EU, which are
pretty homogeneous in terms of values, governmental systems, culture and
economic stature. The risks are low in those circumstances. On the
other hand, relatively open borders did not do the United States any
favors in 2001.

>> Like any other endeavor, however, this of course can be carried to
>> far as recently seen in Burma and the current situation in
>> Pakistan, or as shown in China or the former USSR.

No comment on this?

Tim McNamara wrote:
> Tom Sherman wrote:
>> Tim McNamara wrote:

>>> Sorry, not believing in gods I can't play god. The world wasn't
>>> designed. It is what it is, deal with that rather than playing
>>> philosophical games that can accomplish nothing. In this instance
>>> you have created a false dichotomy in order to bias my choices. A
>>> unified global human society is not a possibility now and may never
>>> be.

>> That is opinion, not a statement of fact.

> You get what you ask for. Duh. However, pointing out your creation of a
> false dichotomy is a statement of fact.

No, the first choice is what we actually have now, and the question was
would you find the other alternative preferable.

Is a third alternative with nations that do not squabble and fight any
more realistic?

>>> The alternative to governments is not a unified human society- it
>>> is anarchy and petty warlords. There would be more Rwandas, more
>>> Bosnias, more Darfurs, more Khmer Rouges.

>> Where did I suggest abolishing governments? I missed that part.

> The tone of your rhetoric is resolutely anti-government.

No, it is anti-large tribal accumulations (i.e. nations) that denigrate
each other and commit violence (military and economic) towards each
other (i.e. the world we are in now).

>>> You choose to filter your perceptions of government to examine only
>>> problems- some of which may not actually even be problems in
>>> actuality. Governments also provide significant benefits- not the
>>> least of which is restraining the violent impulses of human
>>> nature. While governments can and have accomplished violence on a
>>> large scale, they also provide for the prevention of violence on
>>> both large and small scales.

>> More the former than the latter, especially when economic violence is
>> included.

> You're selectively filtering your view of reality again. While these
> things are lacking in the United States due to the haves and the
> have-mores (to use GWB's description of his "base") running the show for
> their own benefit, many countries in the world provide public policy
> that actually does value families including a reasonable social safety
> net, health care, living wage standards, liveable retirement benefits,
> good public transportation, bicycle infrastructure, mandated vacation
> benefits, a shorter work week etc. And- despite a higher tax burden
> that would cause conservatives in the US to declare that the end of the
> world is at hand- many of these nation equal or outperform American
> productivity on a per-capita basis. The quality of life ratings of big
> chunks of the world equals or surpassed those of the US.

Like the EU? But the US is almost as bad as the US when it comes to
committing economic violence towards other nations outside the EU and G8
- they are just less strident than the US in the manner they go about it.

> OTOH, three billion people on the planet live on $3 a day or less and
> nearly half the world's wealth is controlled by a relative handful of
> people. The prosperity of the few is built upon the poverty of many,
> and that is an ethical problem that condemns much of the "values based"
> leadership touted by the haves and the have-mores.
>
>>> Governments are certainly imperfect, but one of the benefits of the
>>> democratic process is that it allows governments to be held
>>> accountable and improved over time.

>> Or the opposite can happen, e.g. do you really think government has
>> improved in the US over the last three decades?

> It's hard to see in the throes of the Bush Administration's stunning
> incompetence, thanks to its dedication to patronage, nepotism and
> preference for loyalty over ability. I'll grant you that. Memory is
> short and tends to be overwhelmed by proximal events. The 2006
> elections were a sign of hope.

More smoke than fire so far.

>>> In the interim, governments declare the right to control who enters
>>> their borders and through this to protect their people and their
>>> resources. A nation with unrestricted borders would soon cease to
>>> exist.

>> On a smaller scale, groups of nations have allowed free movement of
>> people, without disastrous consequences. Again, restricting free
>> movement is a violation of a fundamental human right.

> Movement between selected partner nations, such as the EU, which are
> pretty homogeneous in terms of values, governmental systems, culture and
> economic stature. The risks are low in those circumstances. On the
> other hand, relatively open borders did not do the United States any
> favors in 2001.

So why not have a goal of improving and extending this model? That is
basically what I am advocating.

>>> Like any other endeavor, however, this of course can be carried to
>>> far as recently seen in Burma and the current situation in
>>> Pakistan, or as shown in China or the former USSR.

> No comment on this?

How does it relate to the argument of how nations are a good or bad way
to organize humanity?

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 18:33:52 GMT, still me <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 02:44:44 GMT, Jasper Janssen <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>>Just another example of granting rights to non citizens...

>>Yes, those nasty buggers, thinking they're human. Can't have that.

>Human rights, civil rights, yeah, the get those, even as illegals.
>
>Voting rights (should) require citizenship.

As far as I'm concerned, legal residents should get to vote, at least
locally. But Sorni's statement about "granting rights to non-citizens" was
*not* about illegals and it was not about *voting*.

It was about any *rights* to *non-citizens*. It says so right on the box,
and is still quoted up there.

Jasper