OT : FA - Scott Comp Alloy MTB

Tom Crispin wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:55:01 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> plonk

> What was wrong with that!?

Perhaps Pinky Panther plonked a perp

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"I've noticed that the press tends to be quite accurate, except
when they're writing on a subject I know something about."
(Keith F. Lynch)

<[email protected]> wrote:

>plonk

Err, why? Brownz was advertising the sale of a bike on a cycling news
group.

Tim

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:43:46 +0100, Don Whybrow
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Tom Crispin wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:55:01 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> plonk

>> What was wrong with that!?

>Perhaps Pinky Panther plonked a perp

Pinky Pather plonked a peck of purple perps,
A peck of purple perps did Pinky Pather plonk.
If Pinky Pather plonked a peck of purple perps,
How many purple perps did Pinky Pather plonk?

Trevor A Panther wrote:
> plonk
>
> "Brownz (Mobile)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> eBay item number - 170142207832
>>
>> No reserve - current bid (at time of post) = 99p
>>
>> --
>> Cheerz - Brownz
>> http://www.brownz.org/

Oooh, a plonk by a top poster .... Jeesh, I'm a fretting now Mary Lou ;-)

I marked it OT (although it was advertising my "ex" trusty steed - that has
been replaced by something newer and shinier [1]).

And I also marked it FA (For Auction) rather than FS as its on Fleabay ....
Whats a man gotta do around here !?

[1] Not for long though.

--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/

Tim Hall wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:55:01 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> plonk

> Err, why? Brownz was advertising the sale of a bike on a cycling news
> group.
>

> Tim

Don't panic, I'm sure the world is a better place now I'm in his killfile.

--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/

Trevor A Panther said the following on 23/08/2007 19:55:
> plonk

Seems a reasonable post to me. He not only marked it FA, but also OT,
which is a pretty clear indication of the subject matter.

Also, it's not as if the guy posts something every day for auction.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Tom Crispin <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:55:01 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >plonk

> What was wrong with that!?

Well, the charter of this group doesn't say that you're allowed to
auction anything.

<http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.cycling.html>

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>

On 24 Aug, 14:54, [email protected] (Ekul
Namsob) wrote:

> Well, the charter of this group doesn't say that you're allowed to
> auction anything.
>
> <http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.cycling.html>
>
> Cheers,
> Luke

Also doesnt say youre not allowed to.

CoyoteBoy <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 24 Aug, 14:54, [email protected] (Ekul
> Namsob) wrote:
>

> > Well, the charter of this group doesn't say that you're allowed to
> > auction anything.
> >
> > <http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.cycling.html>

> Also doesnt say youre not allowed to.

It doesn't say that you're allowed to mention bicycles.

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>

>>> <http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.cycling.html>

>> Also doesnt say youre not allowed to.

> It doesn't say that you're allowed to mention bicycles.

Is their a Charter?

The link says there isn't one, here. YMMV.

--
Charles
Brompton P-type T6 in Motspur Park

[email protected]m wrote:

>>> Also doesnt say youre not allowed to.

>> It doesn't say that you're allowed to mention bicycles.

> Is their a Charter?
>
> The link says there isn't one, here. YMMV.

I think that is rather the point. As there is no charter, it is neither
possible to be on or off topic, so the OP was both abiding by and
breaking the charter. As am I. Discussion of the charter is neither
permitted nor prevented by the charter.

While we are on the subject, is it worth setting one up as well as a FAQ?

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"Lord, please make me the kind of person my dog thinks I am."

In message <[email protected]>
Don Whybrow <[email protected]> wrote:

> While we are on the subject, is it worth setting one up as well as a FAQ?

There's an FAQ?

I haven't had a sighting of these, yet. I googled and on the opening
page found a post to a guy who is already permanently killfiled here,
and to FAQs being posted regularly.

--
Charles
Brompton P-type T6 in Motspur Park

"Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "CoyoteBoy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On 24 Aug, 17:59, [email protected] wrote:

>>> There's an FAQ?

>> No, hence the PP asking if its worth setting one up :)
>>
>> If I knew how I'd do it :)

> The first entry in the FAQ should be "Is it worth setting up an FAQ". And
> the answer should probably be "No".

Agreed

Don Whybrow <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> It doesn't say that you're allowed to mention bicycles.

> > Is their a Charter?
> >
> > The link says there isn't one, here. YMMV.

> I think that is rather the point. As there is no charter, it is neither
> possible to be on or off topic, so the OP was both abiding by and
> breaking the charter. As am I. Discussion of the charter is neither
> permitted nor prevented by the charter.
>
> While we are on the subject, is it worth setting one up as well as a FAQ?

I can see the benefit in setting up an FAQ. On the other hand, I see no
need for a charter that says much more than 'uk.rec.cycling is a group
for discussion of cycling. Posts relevant to the UK are particularly
welcome. Certain people will be summarily described as trolls.
Discussion of helmets is actively discouraged.'

I could happily host an FAQ on my site. It wouldn't be a wiki but I'm
not sure there's any need for such a thing: I'd just give trusted people
a username and password for the site.

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>

In message <[email protected]>
"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

[snip]

> I had a mini-FAQ at
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk:8080/Web/public.nsf/Documents/uk.rec.cycling
> and now my website's a wiki (and just as soon as I've finished
> getting confirmed accounts set up to stop the encyclopedia dramatica
> wankers) I don't mind if people want to faq about on there.

> It's pathetic right now:
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/Uk.rec.cycling

Wow, thanks for that /those wonderful sites.