OT: File sharing programs??

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Slacker, May 25, 2003.

  1. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Since the demise of...dang, I can't even remember the name....anyway, since there's so many c-geeks
    here, who's got the best file sharing programs?

    --
    Slacker

    Tags:

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Slacker thoughtfully penned:
    > Since the demise of...dang, I can't even remember the name....anyway, since there's so many
    > c-geeks here, who's got the best file sharing programs?
    kazaa lite ( the ad ware free one) seems to work ok

    p.

  3. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > Slacker thoughtfully penned:
    > > Since the demise of...dang, I can't even remember the name....anyway, since there's so many
    > > c-geeks here, who's got the best file sharing programs?
    > kazaa lite ( the ad ware free one) seems to work ok
    >
    > p.

    I agree. It's what I use.

    Matt

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Slacker thoughtfully penned:
    > > > Since the demise of...dang, I can't even remember the name....anyway, since there's so many
    > > > c-geeks here, who's got the best file sharing programs?
    > > kazaa lite ( the ad ware free one) seems to work ok
    > >
    > > p.
    > >

    > I agree. It's what I use.
    >
    > Matt

    Why are the Europeans so cool when it comes to the internet while the Americans are such penny
    pinching, uptight, spyware installing, net tracking blow hards!!!
    --
    Slacker

  5. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Slacker" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...

    > Why are the Europeans so cool when it comes to the internet while the
    Americans are such penny pinching, uptight, spyware
    > installing, net tracking blow hards!!!
    > --

    Cause you have a constitutional RIGHT to privacy over here. This is very cool! They are a lot less
    cool on the subject of free speech, but that is fodder for another time and NG.

    Actually you do not need to be in Europe to use Kazza-lite. It was written by a guy discusted with
    the spyware that comes with Kazza. Kazza does not seem to care because the Kazza-lite users add to
    the total number of user online and files shares statistics.

    -Dave

  6. Mx-Pilot

    Mx-Pilot Guest

    we have to filter that euopean spam..

    well im cdn, so i dunno.

    "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Slacker thoughtfully penned:
    > > > kazaa lite ( the ad ware free one) seems to work ok
    > > >
    > > > p.
    > > >

    > > I agree. It's what I use.
    > >
    > > Matt
    >

    > Why are the Europeans so cool when it comes to the internet while the
    Americans are such penny pinching, uptight, spyware
    > installing, net tracking blow hards!!!
    > --
    > Slacker

  7. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > "Slacker"
    > >
    > > Why are the Europeans so cool when it comes to the internet while the
    > Americans are such penny pinching, uptight, spyware
    > > installing, net tracking blow hards!!!
    > > --
    >
    > Cause you have a constitutional RIGHT to privacy over here. This is very cool! They are a lot less
    > cool on the subject of free speech, but that is fodder for another time and NG.
    >
    > Actually you do not need to be in Europe to use Kazza-lite. It was written by a guy discusted with
    > the spyware that comes with Kazza. Kazza does not seem to care because the Kazza-lite users add to
    > the total number of user online and files shares statistics.
    >
    > -Dave

    Lol...I think I just read in the user agreement something like "This software is illegal and is not
    condoned....." Not sure because I blew right past it during the install.
    --
    Slacker

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    > Since the demise of...dang, I can't even remember the name....

    Napster?

    > anyway, since there's so many c-geeks here, who's got the best file sharing programs?

    Kazaa Lite.

    Be aware of the possible issues associated with what you're doing though. The RIAA are actively
    pursuing those that trade in copyrighted material and the courts are tending to side with them. As
    of this moment, there is a battle going on between the RIAA and Verizon (an ISP) in court which
    would force Verizon to hand over the identity of one of its users who the RIAA accuses of having
    copyrighted music. Verizon lost the first round but are now appealing.

    If the RIAA win, ultimately they can subpoena all US ISPs to reveal the identities of any users they
    accuse of swapping music / videos, etc, and take them to court.

    Of course, the sheer numbers will make it impractical for the RIAA to pursue everyone, but a
    landmark ruling would open the floodgates. To give you some idea of how vindictive the RIAA are,
    they recently prosecuted four college students who built their own P2P search network on their
    college campus. They were fined a combined total of $59,500.

  9. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Slacker thoughtfully penned:
    >> "Slacker"
    >>>
    >>> Why are the Europeans so cool when it comes to the internet while the
    >> Americans are such penny pinching, uptight, spyware
    >>> installing, net tracking blow hards!!!
    >>> --
    >>
    >> Cause you have a constitutional RIGHT to privacy over here. This is very cool! They are a lot
    >> less cool on the subject of free speech, but that is fodder for another time and NG.
    >>
    >> Actually you do not need to be in Europe to use Kazza-lite. It was written by a guy discusted
    >> with the spyware that comes with Kazza. Kazza does not seem to care because the Kazza-lite users
    >> add to the total number of user online and files shares statistics.
    >>
    >> -Dave
    >
    > Lol...I think I just read in the user agreement something like "This software is illegal and is
    > not condoned....." Not sure because I blew right past it during the install.

    the only annoying part is that a nag will come up every time you runkazaa lite asking you if you
    want to upgrade. Do not clikc yes, it will give you the main version.

    Penny

  10. Danny

    Danny Guest

    Is there a Vandeman-lite out there?

    Danny

    > Slacker thoughtfully penned:
    > >> "Slacker"

    > >> Americans are such penny pinching, uptight, spyware
    > >>
    > >> Cause you have a constitutional RIGHT to privacy over here. This is very cool! They are a lot
    > >> less cool on the subject of free speech, but that is fodder for another time and NG.
    > >>
    > >> Actually you do not need to be in Europe to use Kazza-lite. It was written by a guy discusted
    > >> with the spyware that comes with Kazza. Kazza does not seem to care because the Kazza-lite
    > >> users add to the total number of user online and files shares statistics.
    > >>
    > >> -Dave
    > >
    > > Lol...I think I just read in the user agreement something like "This software is illegal and is
    > > not condoned....." Not sure because I blew right past it during the install.
    >
    > the only annoying part is that a nag will come up every time you runkazaa lite asking you if you
    > want to upgrade. Do not clikc yes, it will give you the main version.
    >
    > Penny

  11. > Is there a Vandeman-lite out there?

    Yes but it lie's about the files you can download

    Live fast, crash faster

    http://www.mtbbikes.co.uk

  12. "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Slacker thoughtfully penned:
    > >> "Slacker"

    > >> Americans are such penny pinching, uptight, spyware
    > >>
    > >> Cause you have a constitutional RIGHT to privacy over here. This is very cool! They are a lot
    > >> less cool on the subject of free speech, but that is fodder for another time and NG.
    > >>
    > >> Actually you do not need to be in Europe to use Kazza-lite. It was written by a guy discusted
    > >> with the spyware that comes with Kazza. Kazza does not seem to care because the Kazza-lite
    > >> users add to the total number of user online and files shares statistics.
    > >>
    > >> -Dave
    > >
    > > Lol...I think I just read in the user agreement something like "This software is illegal and is
    > > not condoned....." Not sure because I blew right past it during the install.
    >
    > the only annoying part is that a nag will come up every time you runkazaa lite asking you if you
    > want to upgrade. Do not clikc yes, it will give you the main version.

    Funny, it never asks me that. Just installed it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe you _should_ upgrade.

  13. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    James Messick thoughtfully penned:
    >>> the only annoying part is that a nag will come up every time you
    >> runkazaa lite asking you if you want to upgrade. Do not clikc yes, it will give you the main
    >> version.
    >>

    > Funny, it never asks me that. Just installed it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe you _should_ upgrade.

    what version are you running of kazaa lite?

  14. Matt

    Matt Guest

    > James Messick thoughtfully penned:
    > >> runkazaa lite asking you if you want to upgrade. Do not clikc yes, it will give you the main
    > >> version.
    > >>

    > > Funny, it never asks me that. Just installed it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe you _should_
    > > upgrade.
    >
    > what version are you running of kazaa lite?

    I used to use Kazaa lite, but switched to Kazaa Lite K++ edition

    It has a few added features that Kazaa Lite doesn't have - primarily a jacked-up user rating.

    You can get it at www.k-lite.tk

    -matt

  15. > pursue everyone, but a landmark ruling would open the floodgates. To give you some idea of how
    > vindictive the RIAA are, they recently prosecuted four college students who built their own P2P
    > search network on their college campus. They were fined a combined total of $59,500.

    What?!?! I thought it was more like $2B. (not kidding)

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  16. Slacker

    Slacker Guest