OT Freezing weather

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Adrian Boliston, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. Cycling to work this morning I was *frozen* by the chilling summer weather up here
    in
    Warcop, Cumbria where it's currently *minus* 11 degrees!

    If you want proof look at xcweather

    http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

    and select "temperature" option from the drop down list!

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:57:01 +0100, Adrian Boliston
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Cycling to work this morning I was *frozen* by the chilling summer
    > weather up here
    > in
    > Warcop, Cumbria where it's currently *minus* 11 degrees!
    >
    > If you want proof look at xcweather
    >
    > http://www.xcweather.co.uk/
    >
    > and select "temperature" option from the drop down list!

    Hmm. I don't doubt it's cold but -11 C when all the surrounding areas are
    around 10 C looks more like a data mistake to me. The BBC weather doesn't
    record such a low spot. Maybe you should go and tap the Warcop
    thermometer, it might be stuck.

    Colin

  3. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    news:eek:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:57:01 +0100, Adrian Boliston
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Cycling to work this morning I was *frozen* by the chilling summer
    > > weather up here
    > > in
    > > Warcop, Cumbria where it's currently *minus* 11 degrees!
    > >
    > > If you want proof look at xcweather
    > >
    > > http://www.xcweather.co.uk/
    > >
    > > and select "temperature" option from the drop down list!

    > Hmm. I don't doubt it's cold but -11 C when all the surrounding areas are
    > around 10 C looks more like a data mistake to me. The BBC weather doesn't
    > record such a low spot. Maybe you should go and tap the Warcop

    Sometimes xcweather throws a wobbler. Have seen gales in the English
    Channel at 140 mph after being 10 mph half an hour earlier.

    --
    Simon Mason
    Anlaby

  4. On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:16:15 +0100, Simon Mason
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Sometimes xcweather throws a wobbler. Have seen gales in the English
    >Channel at 140 mph after being 10 mph half an hour earlier.

    We went to see Day After Tomorrow (yesterday) and I'm now a little
    twitchy about sudden changes in the weather ;0).

    Frink

    --
    Doctor J. Frink : 'Rampant Ribald Ringtail'
    See his mind here : http://www.cmp.liv.ac.uk/frink/