OT: Friday gag

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bomba

Bomba Guest

George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
    discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
    "tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.

One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a car
    comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."

"No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."

A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
    everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
    "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If Air
    Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens, THAT
    would be a tragedy."

"That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.

"Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a
    Great Loss..."

--
    a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Tags:

2. Zilla

Zilla Guest

Funny one!

--
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
    > discussion related to words and their
    meanings.
    >
    > The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
    > "tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.
    >
    > One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a
    > car comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."
    >
    > A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
    > everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."
    >
    > The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
    > "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"
    >
    > Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If
    > Air Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens,
    > THAT would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.
    >
    > "Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a Great
    > Loss..."
    >
    > --
    > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

3. roKeMS

roKeMS New Member

4. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
    > discussion related to words and their
    meanings.
    >
    > The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
    > "tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.
    >
    > One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a
    > car comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."
    >
    > A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
    > everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."
    >
    > The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
    > "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"
    >
    > Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If
    > Air Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens,
    > THAT would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.
    >
    > "Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a Great
    > Loss..."

Cheers!

Can't beat a bit o' good bush bashin' eh? ',;~}

Shaun aRe

5. Simon

Simon Guest

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
    | discussion related to words and their
    meanings.
    |
    | The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
    | "tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.
    |
    | One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a
    | car comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."
    |
    | "No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."
    |
    | A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
    | everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."
    |
    | "I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."
    |
    | The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
    | "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"
    |
    | Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If
    | Air Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens,
    | THAT would be a tragedy."
    |
    | "That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.
    |
    | "Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a Great
    | Loss..."
    |
    | --
    | a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    |
    | a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm
    |

Awesome loved that one!

Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.