OT: Friday gag

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Apr 4, 2003.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
    discussion related to words and their meanings.

    The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
    "tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.

    One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a car
    comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."

    "No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."

    A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
    everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."

    "I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."

    The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
    "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

    Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If Air
    Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens, THAT
    would be a tragedy."

    "That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.

    "Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a
    Great Loss..."

  2. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Funny one!

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

    > George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
    > discussion related to words and their
    meanings.

    > The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
    > "tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.
    >
    > One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a
    > car comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."
    >
    > A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
    > everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."
    >
    > The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
    > "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"
    >
    > Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If
    > Air Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens,
    > THAT would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.
    >
    > "Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a Great
    > Loss..."
    >
    > --
    > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

  3. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
    > discussion related to words and their
    meanings.

    > The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
    > "tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.
    >
    > One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a
    > car comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."
    >
    > A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
    > everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."
    >
    > The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
    > "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"
    >
    > Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If
    > Air Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens,
    > THAT would be a tragedy."
    >
    > "That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.
    >
    > "Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a Great
    > Loss..."

    Cheers!

    Can't beat a bit o' good bush bashin' eh? ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  5. Simon

    Simon Guest

    | George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
    | discussion related to words and their
    meanings.

    | The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
    | "tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.
    |
    | One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a
    | car comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."
    |
    | "No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."
    |
    | A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
    | everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."
    |
    | "I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."
    |
    | The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
    | "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"
    |
    | Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If
    | Air Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens,
    | THAT would be a tragedy."
    |
    | "That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.
    |
    | "Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a Great
    | Loss..."
    |
    | --
    | a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    |
    | a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm