OT: Friday gag

Bomba

Guest
George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
"tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.

One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a car
comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."

"No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."

A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
"Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If Air
Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens, THAT
would be a tragedy."

"That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.

"Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a
Great Loss..."

Funny one!

--
- Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

> George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
> discussion related to words and their
meanings.

> The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
> "tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.
>
> One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a
> car comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."
>
> "No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."
>
> A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
> everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."
>
> "I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."
>
> The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
> "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"
>
> Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If
> Air Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens,
> THAT would be a tragedy."
>
> "That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.
>
> "Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a Great
> Loss..."
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

> George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
> discussion related to words and their
meanings.

> The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
> "tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.
>
> One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a
> car comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."
>
> "No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."
>
> A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
> everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."
>
> "I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."
>
> The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
> "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"
>
> Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If
> Air Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens,
> THAT would be a tragedy."
>
> "That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.
>
> "Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a Great
> Loss..."

Cheers!

Can't beat a bit o' good bush bashin' eh? ',;~}

Shaun aRe

| George W. Bush was visiting an elementary school, and the 4th grade class he sat through began a
| discussion related to words and their
meanings.

| The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word
| "tragedy." So, George W. asked the class for an example of a tragedy.
|
| One boy stood up and said, "If my best friend who lives next door is playing in the street and a
| car comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."
|
| "No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."
|
| A girl raised her hand and said, "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing
| everyone on board, that would be a tragedy."
|
| "I'm afraid not," the President said. "That's what we would call a Great Loss."
|
| The room went silent. No other children volunteered. President Bush searched the room and asked,
| "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"
|
| Finally, way in the back of the room, Johnny raised his hand, and in a quiet voice, he said, "If
| Air Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens,
| THAT would be a tragedy."
|
| "That's right! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" asked the President.
|
| "Well," Johnny said, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it sure as hell wouldn't be a Great
| Loss..."
|
| --
| a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
|
| a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm