OT: Funny, and will offend right-wingers (you are warned)



D

Denise~*

Guest
On 19 Feb 2004 19:04:28 GMT, Michel Boucher <[email protected]>
wrote:

>http://flash.bushrecall.org/LOTRW.swf

What's funny is that they say that the Right Wing are the ones who Lie and want all the
power.....and AlGore is the inspiration for Love Story

Open Letter to John Kerry:

My wife had rotator cuff surgery earlier this year, and the recovery is terribly painful. Then, she
developed a staph infection, and they had to cut the same scar open and operate on her again. Just
thinking about the pain and anxiety of facing that painful surgery a second time in the same wound,
makes me cringe. That experience, however pales in comparison to what I am going through right now,
in my heart.

The old hurts are surfacing and the feelings of betrayal by fellow citizens, and their leader
stirring them up, are breaking my heart again. I am being cut in the same scar. How did we who
served in Vietnam suddenly become cold-blooded killers, torturers, and rapists, of the ilk of the
Nazi SS or the Taliban? Most of us were American soldiers who grew up idolizing John Wayne, Roy
Rogers, and all the other heroes. That was why I volunteered. But for political expediency, you have
rewritten history, again. After spending only four months in the country of Vietnam, you testified
before Congress in 1971 with these exact words about incidents you supposedly witnessed or heard
about from other vets: "They personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from
portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies,
randomly shot at civilians, razed villages, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and
generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."

I was a Green Beret officer who volunteered for duty in Vietnam and fought in the thick of it in
1968 and 1969 on a Special Forces A-team on the Ho Chi Minh Trail, just for starters. We were the
elite. We saw the most action. Everybody in the world knows that. But we did not just kill people,
we built a church, a school, treated illnesses, passed out soap, food, and clothing, and had fun and
loving interaction with the indigenous people of Vietnam, just like our boys did in Normandy,
Baghdad, Saigon, and everywhere American soldiers ever served. We all gave away our candy bars and
rations to kids. Our hearts to oppressed people all over the globe.

My children and grandchildren could read your words, and think those horrendous things about me, Mr.
Kerry. You are a bold-faced, unprincipled liar, and a disgrace, and you have dishonored me and all
my fellow Vietnam veterans. Sure, there were a couple bad-apples, but I saw none, and I saw it all,
and if I did, as an army officer, it was my obligation to stop it, or at the very least report it.
Why is there not a single record anywhere of you ever reporting any incidents like this or having
the perpetrators arrested? The answer is simple. You are a liar. Your medals and mine are not a free
pass for lifetime, Senator Kerry, to bypass character, integrity, and morality. I earn my Green
Beret over and over daily in all aspects of my life.!

Eight National Guard Green Berets, and other National Guard soldiers, have been killed in Iraq and
Afghanistan, and you totally dishonored their widows and families by lumping National Guard service
in with being a draft-dodger, conscientious objector, and deserter, just so you can try to sabotage
the patriotism of our President who proudly served as an Air National Guard jet pilot. I have a son
earning his Green Beret at Fort Bragg right now, and his wife serves honorably in the Air National
Guard, just like President Bush did, and I am as proud of her as I am my son. I volunteered for
Vietnam and have no problem whatsoever with President Bush being our Commander-In-Chief. In fact, I
am proud of him as our leader.

John Kerry, you personally derailed the Vietnam Human rights Bill, HR2883, in 2001, after it had
passed the House by a 411 to 1 vote, and thousands of pro-American Montagnard tribespeople in
Vietnam died since then who could have been saved, by you. Earlier, as Chair of the Senate Select
Committee on MIA/POW Affairs, you personally quashed the efforts of any and all veterans to report
sightings of living POW's, when you held those reins in Congress. You have fought tooth and nail to
push for the US to normalize relations with Vietnam for years. Why,
Mr. Kerry? Simple, your first cousin C. Stewart Forbes, CEO, of Colliers International, recently
signed a contract with Hanoi, worth BILLIONS of dollars for Collier's International to become
the exclusive real estate! representative for the country of Vietnam.

"Hanoi John," now that it works for you, you beat your chest about your Vietnam service, but to me,
you are a phony, opportunistic, hypocrite. You are one of those politicians that is like a
fertilizer machine: all that comes out of you is horse manure, and you are spreading it everywhere.

Medals do not make a man. Morals do.

Don Bendell Canon City, Colorado

Don Bendell served as an officer in four Special Forces Groups, is a best-selling author with over
1,500,000 books in print, a 1995 inductee into the International Karate Hall of Fame, and owns
karate schools in southern Colorado.

God Bless America Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas Often Tested, Always Faithful,
Brothers Forever. United States Marines

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?
 
A

Alzelt

Guest
Denise~* wrote:

> On 19 Feb 2004 19:04:28 GMT, Michel Boucher <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>http://flash.bushrecall.org/LOTRW.swf
>
>
> What's funny is that they say that the Right Wing are the ones who Lie and want all the
> power.....and AlGore is the inspiration for Love Story
>
>
> Open Letter to John Kerry:

You may feel what what was written below, but you didn't write it. So next time, use the friggin "
" "!!!!!!!
>
> My wife had rotator cuff surgery earlier this year, and the recovery is terribly painful. Then,
> she developed a staph infection, and they had to cut the same scar open and operate on her again.
> Just thinking about the pain and anxiety of facing that painful surgery a second time in the same
> wound, makes me cringe. That experience, however pales in comparison to what I am going through
> right now, in my heart.
>
>
> The old hurts are surfacing and the feelings of betrayal by fellow citizens, and their leader
> stirring them up, are breaking my heart again. I am being cut in the same scar. How did we who
> served in Vietnam suddenly become cold-blooded killers, torturers, and rapists, of the ilk of the
> Nazi SS or the Taliban? Most of us were American soldiers who grew up idolizing John Wayne, Roy
> Rogers, and all the other heroes. That was why I volunteered. But for political expediency, you
> have rewritten history, again. After spending only four months in the country of Vietnam, you
> testified before Congress in 1971 with these exact words about incidents you supposedly witnessed
> or heard about from other vets: "They personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires
> from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up
> bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food
> stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."
>
>
> I was a Green Beret officer who volunteered for duty in Vietnam and fought in the thick of it in
> 1968 and 1969 on a Special Forces A-team on the Ho Chi Minh Trail, just for starters. We were the
> elite. We saw the most action. Everybody in the world knows that. But we did not just kill people,
> we built a church, a school, treated illnesses, passed out soap, food, and clothing, and had fun
> and loving interaction with the indigenous people of Vietnam, just like our boys did in Normandy,
> Baghdad, Saigon, and everywhere American soldiers ever served. We all gave away our candy bars and
> rations to kids. Our hearts to oppressed people all over the globe.
>
>
> My children and grandchildren could read your words, and think those horrendous things about me,
> Mr. Kerry. You are a bold-faced, unprincipled liar, and a disgrace, and you have dishonored me and
> all my fellow Vietnam veterans. Sure, there were a couple bad-apples, but I saw none, and I saw it
> all, and if I did, as an army officer, it was my obligation to stop it, or at the very least
> report it. Why is there not a single record anywhere of you ever reporting any incidents like this
> or having the perpetrators arrested? The answer is simple. You are a liar. Your medals and mine
> are not a free pass for lifetime, Senator Kerry, to bypass character, integrity, and morality. I
> earn my Green Beret over and over daily in all aspects of my life.!
>
>
> Eight National Guard Green Berets, and other National Guard soldiers, have been killed in Iraq and
> Afghanistan, and you totally dishonored their widows and families by lumping National Guard
> service in with being a draft-dodger, conscientious objector, and deserter, just so you can try to
> sabotage the patriotism of our President who proudly served as an Air National Guard jet pilot. I
> have a son earning his Green Beret at Fort Bragg right now, and his wife serves honorably in the
> Air National Guard, just like President Bush did, and I am as proud of her as I am my son. I
> volunteered for Vietnam and have no problem whatsoever with President Bush being our Commander-In-
> Chief. In fact, I am proud of him as our leader.
>
> John Kerry, you personally derailed the Vietnam Human rights Bill, HR2883, in 2001, after it had
> passed the House by a 411 to 1 vote, and thousands of pro-American Montagnard tribespeople in
> Vietnam died since then who could have been saved, by you. Earlier, as Chair of the Senate Select
> Committee on MIA/POW Affairs, you personally quashed the efforts of any and all veterans to
> report sightings of living POW's, when you held those reins in Congress. You have fought tooth
> and nail to push for the US to normalize relations with Vietnam for years. Why,
> Mr. Kerry? Simple, your first cousin C. Stewart Forbes, CEO, of Colliers International, recently
> signed a contract with Hanoi, worth BILLIONS of dollars for Collier's International to become
> the exclusive real estate! representative for the country of Vietnam.
>
>
> "Hanoi John," now that it works for you, you beat your chest about your Vietnam service, but to
> me, you are a phony, opportunistic, hypocrite. You are one of those politicians that is like a
> fertilizer machine: all that comes out of you is horse manure, and you are spreading it
> everywhere.
>
> Medals do not make a man. Morals do.
>
> Don Bendell Canon City, Colorado
>
> Don Bendell served as an officer in four Special Forces Groups, is a best-selling author with over
> 1,500,000 books in print, a 1995 inductee into the International Karate Hall of Fame, and owns
> karate schools in southern Colorado.
>
> God Bless America Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas Often Tested, Always Faithful,
> Brothers Forever. United States Marines
>
>
>
> Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)
>
> How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might bet-
ter stay home."
-- James Michener
 
D

Denise~*

Guest
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 05:19:06 GMT, alzelt
<[email protected]> wrote:

>You may feel what what was written below, but you didn't write it. So next time, use the friggin "
>" "!!!!!!!

Feel what, that it's true. Yes, I believe it. And I didn't take credit for it. The signature &
description of the writer at the end of the letter should be sufficient.

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?
 
B

Bob

Guest
Denise~* wrote:

> On 20 Feb 2004 03:41:17 GMT, Michel Boucher <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Only because it's true. Here's the real story :)
>>
>>http://alsandor.net/upload/tomtom021604.jpg
>
> How is a political cartoon a real story?

Satire. Points up the issues by parody and burlesque.

> I prefer writings by real people who lived it. You know, Facts. http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040210-082910-
> 8424r.htm

I wonder why the White House didn't put out this sort of information.

Puzzling.

Pastorio
 
M

Mr. Wizard

Guest
"Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Denise~* wrote:
>
> > On 20 Feb 2004 03:41:17 GMT, Michel Boucher who has never served and is a lying coward
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Only because it's true. Here's the real story :)
> >>
> >>http://alsandor.net/upload/tomtom021604.jpg
> >
> > How is a political cartoon a real story?
>
> Satire. Points up the issues by parody and burlesque.
>
Or smears without any a chance for those libeled to respond.

> > I prefer writings by real people who lived it. You know, Facts. http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040210-082910-
> > 8424r.htm
>
> I wonder why the White House didn't put out this sort of information.
>
All this bullshoot was raked through in 1994 when G.W. Bush ran for Governor of Texas. Perhaps the
running of the country is a little more important than this non-story that the "Press" won't drop?
Considering that these are baseless and outrageous lies that the "Press" disproved a DECADE past,
they would call the perpetrators out and expose this for what it really is instead of beating the
drums FOR THE LIARS?

> Puzzling.
>
Yes, it is.

> Pastorio
 
M

Michel Boucher

Guest
"Mr. Wizard" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>> Satire. Points up the issues by parody and burlesque.
>>
> Or smears without any a chance for those libeled to respond.

Oh God. What have I done! I have expressed one viewpoint without giving the opponents a chance to
respond! I am surely darned to heck!

My guess is that, unlike your claim that you are not being allowed retort, you are free to respond
any way you want, and you just did. But I won't be listening to further entreaties to come over to
the dark side because I am availing myself of this opportunity to killfile a lot of dexter
masturbators such as yourself. Believe me, I've heard ALL your arguments for the last ten years,
since Clinton came into office, and I know enough to feel comfortable in drawing a conclusion and
the conclusion I've come to is that you are a boil on the butt of mankind and the sooner you are
lanced the better.

--

"I'm the master of low expectations."

GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003
 
D

Dan Abel

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, Denise~*
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 05:19:06 GMT, alzelt <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >You may feel what what was written below, but you didn't write it. So next time, use the friggin
> >" " "!!!!!!!
>
> Feel what, that it's true. Yes, I believe it. And I didn't take credit for it. The signature &
> description of the writer at the end of the letter should be sufficient.

Quite simply, that is not correct. In other forms of written communication, the name goes on the
bottom. In newsgroups, your name already appeared at the top, implying that everything underneath
was written by you. I think that Alan was awfully rude about it, which is not a good way to point
out a minor error in posting.

The whole point of these groups is communication. By not indicating that you were quoting someone
else, your post was less effective. It wasn't until we read to the end of the quote that we realized
that you didn't write that.

--
Dan Abel Sonoma State University AIS [email protected]
 
B

Bob

Guest
Mr. Wizard wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>Denise~* wrote:
>>
>>>On 20 Feb 2004 03:41:17 GMT, Michel Boucher who has never served and is a lying coward
>>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Only because it's true. Here's the real story :)
>>>>
>>>>http://alsandor.net/upload/tomtom021604.jpg
>>>
>>>How is a political cartoon a real story?
>>
>>Satire. Points up the issues by parody and burlesque.
>>
> Or smears without any a chance for those libeled to respond.

What? No chance to respond? What are you talking about? If one person puts out a cartoon, so
can anybody. If one person says something libelous, the person libeled has every right and
countless opportunities to reply and even call down the wrath of the judicial system if the
libel can be proved.

Politics has always been a full-contact sport, recent years as exemplars, but it's nothing new.
Recently, I think the conservatives have done a much better job of using catch-words and slogans
than the liberals. "Tax and spend" is brilliant. It implies that the people so designated are
reckless with taxpayer money and spend it on frivolities. No mater the truth of it. Nicknames like
"Hanoi Jane" smash an end to the conversation. If you like any part of her activities, political or
not, you're tarred with the same brush. The only choice is to *completely* dissociate yourself from
her. Talk radio is filled with right wing programming that relies on keeping Bill and Hilary in the
blame chair and forgiving GWB anything and everything. Those hosts are masters of invective and
colored assertion. I do talk radio and can't imagine keeping up with them in that style.

I admire the success of a marginal group that has essentially usurped the dialogue as strongly as
they have. By their rhetoric, they've gotten themselves into a position of making the rules for the
political discourse in this country. We're now in a repressive, inhibited frame; look at the
fallout of one breast sorta shown on tv. Congress is investigating, radio and tv stations are
tightening standards, even when they don't apply to the kind of programming at hand. I was told not
to use profanity on the air. I never have. Huh? It's the political climate at work. Feels like the
early 50's.

>>>I prefer writings by real people who lived it. You know, Facts. http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040210-082910-
>>>8424r.htm
>>
>>I wonder why the White House didn't put out this sort of information.
>>
> All this bullshoot was raked through in 1994 when G.W. Bush ran for Governor of Texas. Perhaps the
> running of the country is a little more important than this non-story that the "Press" won't drop?

Well, another view is that the running of the country is too important to leave to someone with
unaccountable gaps in a record that should be clear and obvious. I dunno what the antagonists are
thinking, but it looks like *** for tat to me. The right are attacking Kerry for being in Nam. The
left is attacking GWB for not being there. Nasty politics; nothing unusual.

> Considering that these are baseless and outrageous lies that the "Press" disproved a DECADE past,
> they would call the perpetrators out and expose this for what it really is instead of beating the
> drums FOR THE LIARS?

I honestly missed both the discussion when he was running for the governorship and any proof or
disproof offered back then. I live far from Texas.

If the stuff was all disproved back then, why hasn't the White House offered that same proof and
settled it once and for all? Seems to be a contradiction here with the "press" having disproved what
you say are lies and the continuing story from the "Press."

I didn't understand what you said. But it does seem a bit simpler to me than all this hand wringing.
Is there proof for his record or is there not? If there is, all they have to do is show it. If not,
then how to explain it with reasonable credibility instead of dribs and drabs of uninformative talk?
I haven't been following the story with any diligence, but it does seem that the White House has
been waffling on it. Little bits of inconclusive information offered in a seemingly grudging
fashion. Seems to me that it would be best to get it all out on the table, answer the questions and
get past it.

>>Puzzling.
>>
> Yes, it is.

And, unfortunately, remains so.

Pastorio
 
M

Michel Boucher

Guest
"Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Politics has always been a full-contact sport, recent years as exemplars, but it's nothing new.
> Recently, I think the conservatives have done a much better job of using catch-words and slogans
> than the liberals. "Tax and spend" is brilliant. It implies that the people so designated are
> reckless with taxpayer money and spend it on frivolities. No mater the truth of it. Nicknames like
> "Hanoi Jane" smash an end to the conversation. If you like any part of her activities, political
> or not, you're tarred with the same brush. The only choice is to *completely* dissociate yourself
> from her. Talk radio is filled with right wing programming that relies on keeping Bill and Hilary
> in the blame chair and forgiving GWB anything and everything. Those hosts are masters of invective
> and colored assertion. I do talk radio and can't imagine keeping up with them in that style.

Your "hate-filled rhetoric" (tm applied for) shore do sound good right about now :)

Unfortunately for us non-USAians, we are tarred with the very same brush if we hold opinions that
are consistent with our own national political debates.

--

"I'm the master of low expectations."

GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003
 
B

Bob

Guest
Michel Boucher wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
>
>>Politics has always been a full-contact sport, recent years as exemplars, but it's nothing new.
>>Recently, I think the conservatives have done a much better job of using catch-words and slogans
>>than the liberals. "Tax and spend" is brilliant. It implies that the people so designated are
>>reckless with taxpayer money and spend it on frivolities. No mater the truth of it. Nicknames like
>>"Hanoi Jane" smash an end to the conversation. If you like any part of her activities, political
>>or not, you're tarred with the same brush. The only choice is to *completely* dissociate yourself
>>from her. Talk radio is filled with right wing programming that relies on keeping Bill and Hilary
>>in the blame chair and forgiving GWB anything and everything. Those hosts are masters of invective
>>and colored assertion. I do talk radio and can't imagine keeping up with them in that style.
>
> Your "hate-filled rhetoric" (tm applied for) shore do sound good right about now :)
>
> Unfortunately for us non-USAians, we are tarred with the very same brush if we hold opinions that
> are consistent with our own national political debates.

I've lived in several other countries and assiduously avoided doing any more than asking superficial
questions about their national issues when talking socially.

It's that old business about religion and politics not being good conversation topics. Normally
serene people become frothing lunatics when those subjects come up.

Some of my friends are liberals and some are conservatives. I like to stick with my friends.

Pastorio
 
M

MareCat

Guest
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:13:20 GMT, blake murphy <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:42:16 -0600, MareCat <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On 19 Feb 2004 19:04:28 GMT, Michel Boucher <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>http://flash.bushrecall.org/LOTRW.swf
>>
>>Hehehe...!! I LOVE IT!!
>>
>>Mary--in TEXAS
>
>but you will take him back, won't you?

I want him out of Washington, but I don't want him back here. Maybe Connecticut will take him back?

>sooner rather that later, i hope.

*ASAP*...

>your pal, blake