OT: Funny, and will offend right-wingers (you are warned)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Michel Boucher, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Katra

    Katra Guest

  3. Denise~*

    Denise~* Guest

    On 19 Feb 2004 19:04:28 GMT, Michel Boucher <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >http://flash.bushrecall.org/LOTRW.swf

    What's funny is that they say that the Right Wing are the ones who Lie and want all the
    power.....and AlGore is the inspiration for Love Story

    Open Letter to John Kerry:

    My wife had rotator cuff surgery earlier this year, and the recovery is terribly painful. Then, she
    developed a staph infection, and they had to cut the same scar open and operate on her again. Just
    thinking about the pain and anxiety of facing that painful surgery a second time in the same wound,
    makes me cringe. That experience, however pales in comparison to what I am going through right now,
    in my heart.

    The old hurts are surfacing and the feelings of betrayal by fellow citizens, and their leader
    stirring them up, are breaking my heart again. I am being cut in the same scar. How did we who
    served in Vietnam suddenly become cold-blooded killers, torturers, and rapists, of the ilk of the
    Nazi SS or the Taliban? Most of us were American soldiers who grew up idolizing John Wayne, Roy
    Rogers, and all the other heroes. That was why I volunteered. But for political expediency, you have
    rewritten history, again. After spending only four months in the country of Vietnam, you testified
    before Congress in 1971 with these exact words about incidents you supposedly witnessed or heard
    about from other vets: "They personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from
    portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies,
    randomly shot at civilians, razed villages, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and
    generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."

    I was a Green Beret officer who volunteered for duty in Vietnam and fought in the thick of it in
    1968 and 1969 on a Special Forces A-team on the Ho Chi Minh Trail, just for starters. We were the
    elite. We saw the most action. Everybody in the world knows that. But we did not just kill people,
    we built a church, a school, treated illnesses, passed out soap, food, and clothing, and had fun and
    loving interaction with the indigenous people of Vietnam, just like our boys did in Normandy,
    Baghdad, Saigon, and everywhere American soldiers ever served. We all gave away our candy bars and
    rations to kids. Our hearts to oppressed people all over the globe.

    My children and grandchildren could read your words, and think those horrendous things about me, Mr.
    Kerry. You are a bold-faced, unprincipled liar, and a disgrace, and you have dishonored me and all
    my fellow Vietnam veterans. Sure, there were a couple bad-apples, but I saw none, and I saw it all,
    and if I did, as an army officer, it was my obligation to stop it, or at the very least report it.
    Why is there not a single record anywhere of you ever reporting any incidents like this or having
    the perpetrators arrested? The answer is simple. You are a liar. Your medals and mine are not a free
    pass for lifetime, Senator Kerry, to bypass character, integrity, and morality. I earn my Green
    Beret over and over daily in all aspects of my life.!

    Eight National Guard Green Berets, and other National Guard soldiers, have been killed in Iraq and
    Afghanistan, and you totally dishonored their widows and families by lumping National Guard service
    in with being a draft-dodger, conscientious objector, and deserter, just so you can try to sabotage
    the patriotism of our President who proudly served as an Air National Guard jet pilot. I have a son
    earning his Green Beret at Fort Bragg right now, and his wife serves honorably in the Air National
    Guard, just like President Bush did, and I am as proud of her as I am my son. I volunteered for
    Vietnam and have no problem whatsoever with President Bush being our Commander-In-Chief. In fact, I
    am proud of him as our leader.

    John Kerry, you personally derailed the Vietnam Human rights Bill, HR2883, in 2001, after it had
    passed the House by a 411 to 1 vote, and thousands of pro-American Montagnard tribespeople in
    Vietnam died since then who could have been saved, by you. Earlier, as Chair of the Senate Select
    Committee on MIA/POW Affairs, you personally quashed the efforts of any and all veterans to report
    sightings of living POW's, when you held those reins in Congress. You have fought tooth and nail to
    push for the US to normalize relations with Vietnam for years. Why,
    Mr. Kerry? Simple, your first cousin C. Stewart Forbes, CEO, of Colliers International, recently
    signed a contract with Hanoi, worth BILLIONS of dollars for Collier's International to become
    the exclusive real estate! representative for the country of Vietnam.

    "Hanoi John," now that it works for you, you beat your chest about your Vietnam service, but to me,
    you are a phony, opportunistic, hypocrite. You are one of those politicians that is like a
    fertilizer machine: all that comes out of you is horse manure, and you are spreading it everywhere.

    Medals do not make a man. Morals do.

    Don Bendell Canon City, Colorado

    Don Bendell served as an officer in four Special Forces Groups, is a best-selling author with over
    1,500,000 books in print, a 1995 inductee into the International Karate Hall of Fame, and owns
    karate schools in southern Colorado.

    God Bless America Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas Often Tested, Always Faithful,
    Brothers Forever. United States Marines

    Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

    How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

  4. Marecat

    Marecat Guest

  5. Alzelt

    Alzelt Guest

    Denise~* wrote:

    > On 19 Feb 2004 19:04:28 GMT, Michel Boucher <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>http://flash.bushrecall.org/LOTRW.swf
    >

    > What's funny is that they say that the Right Wing are the ones who Lie and want all the
    > power.....and AlGore is the inspiration for Love Story
    >

    > Open Letter to John Kerry:

    You may feel what what was written below, but you didn't write it. So next time, use the friggin "
    " "!!!!!!!

    --
    Alan

    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might bet-
    ter stay home."
    -- James Michener

  6. Denise~*

    Denise~* Guest

  7. Denise~*

    Denise~* Guest

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 05:19:06 GMT, alzelt
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You may feel what what was written below, but you didn't write it. So next time, use the friggin "
    >" "!!!!!!!

    Feel what, that it's true. Yes, I believe it. And I didn't take credit for it. The signature &
    description of the writer at the end of the letter should be sufficient.

    Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

    How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

  8. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Denise~* wrote:

    > On 20 Feb 2004 03:41:17 GMT, Michel Boucher <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Only because it's true. Here's the real story :)
    >>
    >>http://alsandor.net/upload/tomtom021604.jpg
    >
    > How is a political cartoon a real story?

    Satire. Points up the issues by parody and burlesque.

    > I prefer writings by real people who lived it. You know, Facts. http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040210-082910-
    > 8424r.htm

    I wonder why the White House didn't put out this sort of information.

    Puzzling.

    Pastorio

  9. Mr. Wizard

    Mr. Wizard Guest

    "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Denise~* wrote:
    >
    > > On 20 Feb 2004 03:41:17 GMT, Michel Boucher who has never served and is a lying coward
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Only because it's true. Here's the real story :)
    > >>
    > >>http://alsandor.net/upload/tomtom021604.jpg
    > >
    > > How is a political cartoon a real story?
    >
    > Satire. Points up the issues by parody and burlesque.

    Or smears without any a chance for those libeled to respond.

    > > I prefer writings by real people who lived it. You know, Facts. http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040210-082910-
    > > 8424r.htm
    >
    > I wonder why the White House didn't put out this sort of information.

    All this bullshoot was raked through in 1994 when G.W. Bush ran for Governor of Texas. Perhaps the
    running of the country is a little more important than this non-story that the "Press" won't drop?
    Considering that these are baseless and outrageous lies that the "Press" disproved a DECADE past,
    they would call the perpetrators out and expose this for what it really is instead of beating the
    drums FOR THE LIARS?

    > Puzzling.

    Yes, it is.

    > Pastorio

  10. "Mr. Wizard" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    >> Satire. Points up the issues by parody and burlesque.
    >>
    > Or smears without any a chance for those libeled to respond.

    Oh God. What have I done! I have expressed one viewpoint without giving the opponents a chance to
    respond! I am surely darned to heck!

    My guess is that, unlike your claim that you are not being allowed retort, you are free to respond
    any way you want, and you just did. But I won't be listening to further entreaties to come over to
    the dark side because I am availing myself of this opportunity to killfile a lot of dexter
    masturbators such as yourself. Believe me, I've heard ALL your arguments for the last ten years,
    since Clinton came into office, and I know enough to feel comfortable in drawing a conclusion and
    the conclusion I've come to is that you are a boil on the butt of mankind and the sooner you are
    lanced the better.

    --

    "I'm the master of low expectations."

    GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003

  11. Dan Abel

    Dan Abel Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Denise~*
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 05:19:06 GMT, alzelt <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >You may feel what what was written below, but you didn't write it. So next time, use the friggin
    > >" " "!!!!!!!
    >
    > Feel what, that it's true. Yes, I believe it. And I didn't take credit for it. The signature &
    > description of the writer at the end of the letter should be sufficient.

    Quite simply, that is not correct. In other forms of written communication, the name goes on the
    bottom. In newsgroups, your name already appeared at the top, implying that everything underneath
    was written by you. I think that Alan was awfully rude about it, which is not a good way to point
    out a minor error in posting.

    The whole point of these groups is communication. By not indicating that you were quoting someone
    else, your post was less effective. It wasn't until we read to the end of the quote that we realized
    that you didn't write that.

    --
    Dan Abel Sonoma State University AIS [email protected]nic.net

  12. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Mr. Wizard wrote:

    > "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Denise~* wrote:

    >>>How is a political cartoon a real story?
    >>
    >>Satire. Points up the issues by parody and burlesque.
    >>
    > Or smears without any a chance for those libeled to respond.

    What? No chance to respond? What are you talking about? If one person puts out a cartoon, so
    can anybody. If one person says something libelous, the person libeled has every right and
    countless opportunities to reply and even call down the wrath of the judicial system if the
    libel can be proved.

    Politics has always been a full-contact sport, recent years as exemplars, but it's nothing new.
    Recently, I think the conservatives have done a much better job of using catch-words and slogans
    than the liberals. "Tax and spend" is brilliant. It implies that the people so designated are
    reckless with taxpayer money and spend it on frivolities. No mater the truth of it. Nicknames like
    "Hanoi Jane" smash an end to the conversation. If you like any part of her activities, political or
    not, you're tarred with the same brush. The only choice is to *completely* dissociate yourself from
    her. Talk radio is filled with right wing programming that relies on keeping Bill and Hilary in the
    blame chair and forgiving GWB anything and everything. Those hosts are masters of invective and
    colored assertion. I do talk radio and can't imagine keeping up with them in that style.

    I admire the success of a marginal group that has essentially usurped the dialogue as strongly as
    they have. By their rhetoric, they've gotten themselves into a position of making the rules for the
    political discourse in this country. We're now in a repressive, inhibited frame; look at the
    fallout of one breast sorta shown on tv. Congress is investigating, radio and tv stations are
    tightening standards, even when they don't apply to the kind of programming at hand. I was told not
    to use profanity on the air. I never have. Huh? It's the political climate at work. Feels like the
    early 50's.

    >>>I prefer writings by real people who lived it. You know, Facts. http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040210-082910-
    >>>8424r.htm
    >>
    >>I wonder why the White House didn't put out this sort of information.
    >>
    > All this bullshoot was raked through in 1994 when G.W. Bush ran for Governor of Texas. Perhaps the
    > running of the country is a little more important than this non-story that the "Press" won't drop?

    Well, another view is that the running of the country is too important to leave to someone with
    unaccountable gaps in a record that should be clear and obvious. I dunno what the antagonists are
    thinking, but it looks like tit for tat to me. The right are attacking Kerry for being in Nam. The
    left is attacking GWB for not being there. Nasty politics; nothing unusual.

    > Considering that these are baseless and outrageous lies that the "Press" disproved a DECADE past,
    > they would call the perpetrators out and expose this for what it really is instead of beating the
    > drums FOR THE LIARS?

    I honestly missed both the discussion when he was running for the governorship and any proof or
    disproof offered back then. I live far from Texas.

    If the stuff was all disproved back then, why hasn't the White House offered that same proof and
    settled it once and for all? Seems to be a contradiction here with the "press" having disproved what
    you say are lies and the continuing story from the "Press."

    I didn't understand what you said. But it does seem a bit simpler to me than all this hand wringing.
    Is there proof for his record or is there not? If there is, all they have to do is show it. If not,
    then how to explain it with reasonable credibility instead of dribs and drabs of uninformative talk?
    I haven't been following the story with any diligence, but it does seem that the White House has
    been waffling on it. Little bits of inconclusive information offered in a seemingly grudging
    fashion. Seems to me that it would be best to get it all out on the table, answer the questions and
    get past it.

    >>Puzzling.
    >>
    > Yes, it is.

    And, unfortunately, remains so.

    Pastorio

  13. "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Politics has always been a full-contact sport, recent years as exemplars, but it's nothing new.
    > Recently, I think the conservatives have done a much better job of using catch-words and slogans
    > than the liberals. "Tax and spend" is brilliant. It implies that the people so designated are
    > reckless with taxpayer money and spend it on frivolities. No mater the truth of it. Nicknames like
    > "Hanoi Jane" smash an end to the conversation. If you like any part of her activities, political
    > or not, you're tarred with the same brush. The only choice is to *completely* dissociate yourself
    > from her. Talk radio is filled with right wing programming that relies on keeping Bill and Hilary
    > in the blame chair and forgiving GWB anything and everything. Those hosts are masters of invective
    > and colored assertion. I do talk radio and can't imagine keeping up with them in that style.

    Your "hate-filled rhetoric" (tm applied for) shore do sound good right about now :)

    Unfortunately for us non-USAians, we are tarred with the very same brush if we hold opinions that
    are consistent with our own national political debates.

    --

    "I'm the master of low expectations."

    GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003

  14. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Michel Boucher wrote:

    > "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >

    >>Politics has always been a full-contact sport, recent years as exemplars, but it's nothing new.
    >>Recently, I think the conservatives have done a much better job of using catch-words and slogans
    >>than the liberals. "Tax and spend" is brilliant. It implies that the people so designated are
    >>reckless with taxpayer money and spend it on frivolities. No mater the truth of it. Nicknames like
    >>"Hanoi Jane" smash an end to the conversation. If you like any part of her activities, political
    >>or not, you're tarred with the same brush. The only choice is to *completely* dissociate yourself
    >>from her. Talk radio is filled with right wing programming that relies on keeping Bill and Hilary
    >>in the blame chair and forgiving GWB anything and everything. Those hosts are masters of invective
    >>and colored assertion. I do talk radio and can't imagine keeping up with them in that style.
    >
    > Your "hate-filled rhetoric" (tm applied for) shore do sound good right about now :)
    >
    > Unfortunately for us non-USAians, we are tarred with the very same brush if we hold opinions that
    > are consistent with our own national political debates.

    I've lived in several other countries and assiduously avoided doing any more than asking superficial
    questions about their national issues when talking socially.

    It's that old business about religion and politics not being good conversation topics. Normally
    serene people become frothing lunatics when those subjects come up.

    Some of my friends are liberals and some are conservatives. I like to stick with my friends.

    Pastorio

  15. Blake Murphy

    Blake Murphy Guest

  16. MareCat

    MareCat Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:13:20 GMT, blake murphy <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:42:16 -0600, MareCat <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On 19 Feb 2004 19:04:28 GMT, Michel Boucher <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://flash.bushrecall.org/LOTRW.swf
    >>
    >>Hehehe...!! I LOVE IT!!
    >>
    >>Mary--in TEXAS
    >
    >but you will take him back, won't you?

    I want him out of Washington, but I don't want him back here. Maybe Connecticut will take him back?

    >sooner rather that later, i hope.

    *ASAP*...