OT: Getting rid of GMT.exe

I hate that stupid little program gator or GMT.exe. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Thanks,

P.S. Many thanks to the guys that helped me choose my firewall, and anti-virus software. Everything
is working great now...Accept for those annoying pop up ads now and then...

x wrote:
> I hate that stupid little program gator or GMT.exe. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

You do realise this is a mountain bike group?

<geek> The obvious answer would not to have installed the stupid program in the first place.
But anyway...

Ad Aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com </geek

> x wrote:
> > I hate that stupid little program gator or GMT.exe. Anyone know how to
get
> > rid of it?
>
> You do realise this is a mountain bike group?
>
> <geek> The obvious answer would not to have installed the stupid program in the first place. But
> anyway...

Make sure your IE security settings are at least Medium to prevent programs like Gator from
installing themselves without your permission.

> Ad Aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com </geek>

Good stuff.

Mike

Michael Dart wrote:

> Make sure your IE security settings are at least Medium to prevent programs like Gator from
> installing themselves without your permission.

Gator usually presents itself as a certificate, IIRC, and you have to agree to install it. Gator's a
*****, but it does require some user interaction.

> Michael Dart wrote:
>
> > Make sure your IE security settings are at least Medium to prevent
programs
> > like Gator from installing themselves without your permission.
>
> Gator usually presents itself as a certificate, IIRC, and you have to agree to install it. Gator's
> a *****, but it does require some user interaction.

I had my security settings on low (I changed them for troubleshooting once and forgot to put them
back) and it just went and happily installed itself and then let me know it was done. I didn't think
a program would install itself without my initiating the download first. I'm more careful now.
Spyware is way up on the suckage scale IMNSHO!

Mike