OT: Girl's tragic end...

"John Gaughan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dimitri wrote:
> > I believe this person (man) should be granted a fair and speedy trial
> > - like this week and any sentence performed within one week of a conviction (in Public).
>
> While the man is obviously guilty, he deserves all the rights that any other U.S. citizen has --
> the right to a fair trial, right to appeal, right to humane treatment, et al.

********. The man deserves a 12 guage shoved up his ass, if you'll pardon my french.

>
> More importantly, any capital or otherwise irreversible punishment needs to be delayed for
> appeals, uncovering new evidence, etc. Once you flip the switch, there is no going back.

Now see, I don't condone the death penalty. It shouldn't be up to no judge. It should be up to that
little girls family. And I'd happily buy them the gun. I'm sorry but when you kill a child, you
cease to have rights in my opinion. We don't give dogs, cats or raccoons all these rights, and he's
no more human than they are.

kimberly

Dimitri wrote:

> Noun1.right to speedy and public trial by jury - a civil right guaranteed by the 6th amendment to
> the United States constitution

That's a RIGHT to a speedy trial, as in the defendant can't be held in durance vile by the
government without trial. It doesn't say anything about an accelerated trial to feed mob mentality.

Brian Rodenborn

>>I believe this person (man) should be granted >>a fair and speedy
trial - like this week and >>any sentence performed within one week of
>>a conviction (in Public). Dimitri
. . Hmm, first let's let the fellas in the Sarasota jail have their way with him. Then let the
fellas on the condemned unit in Starke, Fla do unto him for a while, too. Maybe even raffle off
the chance to plug in the chair. Take out the trash and put money into the state treasury at the
same time.

~~~Gina~~~

On 02/06/2004 7:28 AM, in article
[email protected], "Jason Tinling"
<[email protected]> opined:

>
> "FERRANTE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... <snip>
>
> "and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy."
>
>
>

This "normal" guy is going to get a choice between Ole Sparky and a needle.

--
============================================================================
"Unless you can point your finger at the man responsible when something goes wrong, then you have
never had anyone really responsible," Adm. Hyman Rickover.
============================================================================

Nexis wrote:

> ********. The man deserves a 12 guage shoved up his ass, if you'll pardon my french.

Assuming he is guilty.

We don't have trials for amusement purposes. The process is there to try and make sure that we get
justice done.

> Now see, I don't condone the death penalty. It shouldn't be up to no judge. It should be up to
> that little girls family. And I'd happily buy them the gun.

So it doesn't matter if he is actually guilty or anything?

> I'm sorry but when you kill a child, you cease to have rights in my opinion.

Show where it says that in the Constitution. The rights there are to protect the innocent from fools
who rush judgment.

> We don't give dogs, cats or raccoons all these rights, and he's no more human than they are.

Animals don't do that sort of thing, only humans.

Brian Rodenborn

Gina * wrote:

> Hmm, first let's let the fellas in the Sarasota jail have their way with him. Then let the
> fellas on the condemned unit in Starke, Fla do unto him for a while, too. Maybe even raffle off
> the chance to plug in the chair. Take out the trash and put money into the state treasury at the
> same time.

So you are of the opinion that the USA should start torturing prisoners? Then we can do more
posturing about the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Brian Rodenborn

"Default User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Gina * wrote:
>
> > Hmm, first let's let the fellas in the Sarasota jail have their way with him. Then let the
> > fellas on the condemned unit in Starke, Fla do unto him for a while, too. Maybe even raffle off
> > the chance to plug in the chair. Take out the trash and put money into the state treasury at the
> > same time.
>
>
> So you are of the opinion that the USA should start torturing prisoners? Then we can do more
> posturing about the land of the free and the home of the brave?
>
>
>
> Brian Rodenborn

Boy you really are off on a tangent aren't you? You keep reading what people say, twisting it in
your own mind, and then arguing with yourself. Do you realize how silly that looks?

kimberly

From: [email protected] (FERRANTE) I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when my
dad told me this
a.m. that they found the little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they
would find her alive. I don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and friends
make it through this.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------- Sad that maybe if the girl was taught to scream yell for help
when a stranger hassles you she might be alive today.

FERRANTE wrote:

> I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when my dad told me this a.m. that they found the
> little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they would find her alive. I
> don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and friends make it through this.
>
> I also feel sorry for the family of the man who did this. I have not watched the news yet, but I
> was told he had kids, wife, and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy. Just imagine what
> his kids and wife will have to endure. I also hope that people don't fault them for what the
> father did (imagine kids in school). That ******* only thought of himself, and thank God that
> camera was where it was.

Why would anyone care about what happens to a total stranger - doesn't affect you and there was
nothing you could have done about the situation.

--
Best Greg

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 18:26:06 GMT, noname
<[email protected]> arranged random neurons,
so they looked like this:

>Doubtful. That mans family will pay the price for his deeds for many years. They'll have to leave
>their current home, move somewhere else where they might be unknown - perhaps adopting the mothers
>maiden name, etc.
>
>People in the U.S. seem unable to separate the family from the individual who committed the
>vile act.

Yup - can you spell, "Columbine"? Dylan Klebold's parents were clients of my (law) firm's when I was
in Denver. I cannot tell you what I witnessed, due to confidentiality, but there has to be a special
place in hell for those who do evil deeds and leave their families to innocently suffer.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Why would anyone care about what happens to a total stranger - doesn't affect you and there was
> nothing you could have done about the situation.

I'm sorry you've feel you've never benefited from a caring stranger. I know I have, and I also know
I've been the caring stranger. As for "nothing you could have done", for instance, when I'm
impressed by someone I never met, I may send them a letter, short, tasteful, concrete, telling them
so. E.g. I sent a letter of appreciation when the inventor of Science Diet died (I didn't know it
was an individual, and I sent it to his son). Another example was an author (Lem) who got a letter
from me because I had met such interesting people when I carried one of his novels around. When I
met someone who was Polish, I got the letter translated, telling Mr. Lem about the 6 interesting
people I'd met, just because of his books. Now, that didn't shake up Lem's life, but sometimes a
very small gesture, at the right time, can mean alot to someone. blacksalt ObFood: I've gone on a
zucc. craze (and a cuke craze, but I won't make any suggestions), and cook them quickly by shredding
them in a nonstick skillet that I've browned some minced onion in, spice them in different ways
(chili powder or herbs or curry), cooking over high heat and then adding day old brown rice to
absorb the liquid that hasn't boiled off. Fast dinner.

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:42:01 -0800, [email protected] (Dan Abel)
arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

>This is a lynch mob mentality. The legal system moves very slowly for good reason. Once you
>circumvent the procedures designed to protect the innocent, then who gets to decide when it's OK to
>do this and when it isn't? I sure don't want to be the victim of a capricious legal system.
>
>
>You can't bring the girl back. There can be no justice in lynching the guy. It's not easy to do the
>right thing, but we need to anyway.

Frankly, two of the reasons that I am against the death penalty are:
1) you can't unring that bell if the guy is later exonerated, and 2) spending one's life in a cage
is far more cruel and inhuman than the Constitutional framers could have actually had in mind,
IMHO. Generally speaking (and oddly speaking), murderers are the "upper class" of the prison
population. Not so in the case of a child killer/rapist. They are the *absolute* bottom of the
prison food chain. I worked for PDs back in the Bad Old Days of my early career as a paralegal
and can assure you that, once this bozo is in prison, his hell on earth has just begun IF he
lives out whatever passes for a normal prison life span. The other inmates, the guards, the
administration - they all absolutely hate the guy.

AFAICS, there is no deterrent to animals such as this. They're all about poor impulse control and
twisted desires. One of the things I learned with the PDs in doing client intake interviews is:
these people really *are* twisted. They do not think like you and me. They feel no remose and,
AFAICS, their only real emotion is fear of getting caught. I'm willing to bet this bozo isn't
suffering one pang of regret over the child, just a pang of regret of having been caught.

OB Food: The starch in a prison diet will make him look like Ted Kennedy in short order.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

[email protected] (T E) writes:

>Sad that maybe if the girl was taught to scream yell for help when a stranger hassles you she might
>be alive today.

How do you know she didn't scream or yell for help? The video is clearly stopped as soon as he grabs
her arm - we can't see anything from that point on. She was in a closed business area, near an empty
park....dumped in a large churchyard AFTER the Sunday services.

Connie
My mind is like a steel...um, whatchamacallit.

PENMART01 wrote:
> monumental societal changes are necessary if such horrendous deeds are to be significantly
> curtailed, obviously the death penalty is not it, that's tantamount to uncracking eggs.

For once I agree with you Sheldon, you worthless pile of ****. The death penalty is mainly designed
to be a deterrent, but of course "I can do this without being caught" is the attitude of criminals
who do these sick deeds.

The only way to stop crime, or at least to prevent it before it escalates (this guy did drugs,
assault, then murder), is to have a draconian society like in 1984 or Minority Report (movie,
not book).

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/ [email protected]

"Gregory Morrow" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
>
> FERRANTE wrote:
>
> > I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when my dad told me this a.m. that they found the
> > little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they would find her alive. I
> > don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and friends make it through this.
> >
> > I also feel sorry for the family of the man who did this. I have not watched the news yet, but I
> > was told he had kids, wife, and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy. Just imagine
> > what his kids and wife will have to endure. I also hope that people don't fault them for what
> > the father did (imagine kids in school). That ******* only thought of himself, and thank God
> > that camera was where it was.
>
>
> Why would anyone care about what happens to a total stranger - doesn't affect you and there was
>
> --
> Best Greg

You are a sad, sad little man.

kimberly

"Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:2uTUb.7992$IF1.3138@fed1read01...
>
> "FERRANTE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when my dad told me this a.m. that they found the
> > little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they would find her alive. I
> > don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and friends make it through this.
> >
> > I also feel sorry for the family of the man who did this. I have not watched the news yet, but I
> > was told he had kids, wife, and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy. Just imagine
> > what his kids and wife will have to endure. I also hope that people don't fault them for what
> > the father did (imagine kids in school). That ******* only thought of himself, and thank God
> > that camera was where it was.
> >
> > Mark Anthony Ferrante
>
> A normal guy who was arrested on kidnapping and false imprisonment charges before. You have to
> wonder if Carlie would be alive today if the jury
hadn't
> fell for his line about snatching her (the first one) to "get her out of
the
> street". He's also been arrested numerous times on other charges. Apparently the neighbors aren't
> very observant if they really said that...though I've not seen any reports like that. I hope he
> rots in hell.
>
> kimberly
>
>

Don't worry....He Will......

Bigbazza

in article [email protected], Gregory
Morrow at [email protected] wrote on 2/6/04 11:20
PM:

>
> FERRANTE wrote:
>
>> I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when my dad told me this a.m. that they found the
>> little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they would find her alive. I
>> don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and friends make it through this.
>>
>> I also feel sorry for the family of the man who did this. I have not watched the news yet, but I
>> was told he had kids, wife, and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy. Just imagine
>> what his kids and wife will have to endure. I also hope that people don't fault them for what the
>> father did (imagine kids in school). That ******* only thought of himself, and thank God that
>> camera was where it was.
>
>
>
> --
> Best Greg

It's called "human kindness". You might want to try it sometime.

Nexis wrote:

> You are a sad, sad little man.

Nope, I just realize that it was a slow news day and this particular sob story was perfect for
filling up the airwaves. You aren't *that* naive, are you...???

--
Best Greg

Sheryl Rosen wrote:

> in article [email protected], Gregory Morrow at
> [email protected] wrote on 2/6/04
11:20
> PM:
>
> >
> > FERRANTE wrote:
> >
> >> I am really bummed out. I could not believe it when my dad told me this a.m. that they found
> >> the little girl's body who had been abducted. I had hoped so much that they would find her
> >> alive. I don't know how they will do it, but I pray that her family and friends make it through
> >> this.
> >>
> >> I also feel sorry for the family of the man who did this. I have not watched the news yet, but
> >> I was told he had kids, wife, and according to neighbors seemed like a normal guy. Just imagine
> >> what his kids and wife will have to endure. I also hope that people don't fault them for what
> >> the father did (imagine kids in school). That ******* only thought of himself, and thank God
> >> that camera was where it was.
> >
> >
> > Why would anyone care about what happens to a total stranger - doesn't affect you and there was
> > nothing you could have done about the
situation.
> >
> > --
> > Best Greg
>
> It's called "human kindness". You might want to try it sometime.

Sheryl, hon - *relax*...have you ever considered undergoing a "hystericalectomy"...???

A week from now you are you Partners In Sobbery here won't even remember the kid's name.

--
Best Greg

Nexis wrote:

>> While the man is obviously guilty, he deserves all the rights that any other U.S. citizen has --
>> the right to a fair trial, right to appeal, right to humane treatment, et al.
>
> ********. The man deserves a 12 guage shoved up his ass, if you'll pardon my french.

So, you've convicted based on what evidence? *This* (people who are quick to judge and slow to
understand) is why trial and especially execution should *never* be done quickly. You have no
knowledge of the case beyond what's been shown on TV, and nothing there was conclusive enough to get
a conviction.

>> More importantly, any capital or otherwise irreversible punishment needs to be delayed for
>> appeals, uncovering new evidence, etc. Once you flip the switch, there is no going back.
>
> Now see, I don't condone the death penalty. It shouldn't be up to no judge. It should be up to
> that little girls family. And I'd happily buy them the gun. I'm sorry but when you kill a child,

Something not proven yet.

> you cease to have rights in my opinion. We don't give dogs, cats or raccoons all these rights, and
> he's no more human than they are.

It's a measure of civilization that even convicts *have* rights. You stoop to the level of the
criminal when you dehumanize them; surely, whoever killed this girl stopped considering her human,
why would you want become just like him?

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]> Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>
"What do you care what other people think, Mr. Feynman?"