OT: Good inline/rollerblading shop in Melbourne?

Claes

Jul 5, 2004
Hi guys, this is seriously off topic but I do not know what else to do.

I skate/rollblade and at the moment I need new wheels, brake pads or maybe new skates. In CBD I have only found Rebel sports and they suck. Really bad.

I am looking for a shop with serious excercise gear, not riding ramps and stuff, distance things. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I ride around 15 k to and from work a couple of times per week and need a good shop to get my addiction satisfied. :) Melbourne with suburbs of interest
or maybe internet shop.

Cheers,

C

Claes said:

I skate/rollblade and at the moment I need new wheels, brake pads or maybe new skates. In CBD I have only found Rebel sports and they suck. Really bad.

I am looking for a shop with serious excercise gear, not riding ramps and stuff, distance things. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I ride around 15 k to and from work a couple of times per week and need a good shop to get my addiction satisfied. :) Melbourne with suburbs of interest
or maybe internet shop.

Cheers,

C
Hi Claes,

yep alot of the shops have closed down, its not quite as popular as it used to be, I used to play inline/ice hockey all the injuries made me unable to ride and do triathlons :(

www.epuck.com is a great online site, it is predominately hockey but they "used" to have heaps of recreational and speed skating stuff as well, ive ordered skates/sticks all sorts from them, always reliable and great prices. been a while though. you could email [email protected] and ask Bruce if they are still ok.

local sources
contact Darren Thomas at [email protected], he has been in the industry for years in melbourne, he would be able to point you in the right direction or see
www.melbournespeedclub.org.au

Rock 'n Skate are still around, they are in Fitzroy Street, St Kilda, they advertise on the melbourne speed club site.
also
Albert Park Inline Skates @ 179 Victoria Ave Albert Park 3206
also
Invert surf and Skate might have something as well (dont let the invert put you off)
61 Church St, Brighton, 9593 1765
also
Bladeworx are on Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn, http://www.bladeworx.com.au/

there is a starter for you

Claes said:

or maybe internet shop.

Cheers,

C

Don't know about CBD, but I baught my blades from "Box Hill Skate,Ski & Surf". Bought there about 4 years ago and back then you got free lessons with instructors in their upstairs skating area for a year when you bought a set of skates. Don't know if it's the same now. They were very good to deal with back then.

Thanx guys, I independantly found Bladworx myself, bought new wheels, bearings and brake pad. Seriously considering these when they come in stock.K2VO2Max They should be good for my commuting run, cycling lanes mixed with pedestrian pavements up lonsdale from Telstra dome. Mmm.