OT: Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Mallard

Sorry to be so OT but, anyone else having trouble with google this weekend? Just wondering whether
it's them or me.

--
Cheerful Peddling John Mallard

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> > Sorry to be so OT but, anyone else having trouble with google this weekend?
>

Yep

--
Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may
have occurred during transmission

"John Mallard" <not_me@all> wrote:

> Sorry to be so OT but, anyone else having trouble with google this weekend? Just wondering whether
> it's them or me.

I've seen a number of complaints on different newsgroups from btinternet and btopenworld customers
who are having difficulty in accessing google recently.

Some of them seem to think this is connected to BT's recent link up with Yahoo, but I don't know if
there's any truth in that.

--
Carol Hague "Neither love nor evil conquers all, but evil cheats more." Laurell K. Hamilton,
_Cerulean Sins_

In article <1g86ihe.mqaibu13lg06qN%[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> I've seen a number of complaints on different newsgroups from btinternet and btopenworld customers
> who are having difficulty in accessing google recently.
>
> Some of them seem to think this is connected to BT's recent link up with Yahoo, but I don't know
> if there's any truth in that.
>

Interesting!

--
Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may
have occurred during transmission

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:27:46 +0000, Carol Hague <[email protected]> wrote:
> "John Mallard" <not_me@all> wrote:
>
> > Sorry to be so OT but, anyone else having trouble with google this weekend? Just wondering
> > whether it's them or me.
>
> I've seen a number of complaints on different newsgroups from btinternet and btopenworld
> customers who are having difficulty in accessing google recently.
>
> Some of them seem to think this is connected to BT's recent link up with Yahoo, but I don't know
> if there's any truth in that.

Well, www.bt.com seemed to be offline for most of the weekend, and I don't think there's any need to
ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence. If BT corporate can't make its
own web site work, I don't suppose getting to anyone elses was high on their list of priorities.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
|/ \|

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:22:51 +0000 (UTC), Ian Smith
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> I've seen a number of complaints on different newsgroups from btinternet and btopenworld
>> customers who are having difficulty in accessing google recently.

>> Some of them seem to think this is connected to BT's recent link up with Yahoo, but I don't know
>> if there's any truth in that.

>Well, www.bt.com seemed to be offline for most of the weekend, and I don't think there's any need
>to ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence. If BT corporate can't make
>its own web site work, I don't suppose getting to anyone elses was high on their list of
>priorities.

BT Openwoe is separate from BT, though. Openwoe were cack long before the Yahoo linkup.

Guy
===
May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:22:51 +0000 (UTC), Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Well, www.bt.com seemed to be offline for most of the weekend, and I don't think there's any need
> >to ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence. If BT corporate can't make
> >its own web site work, I don't suppose getting to anyone elses was high on their list of
> >priorities.

Seems reasonable. I was just passing on what I'd heard elsewhere, for what it was worth.

>
> BT Openwoe is separate from BT, though. Openwoe were cack long before the Yahoo linkup.

Someone on another group referred to them as btopenwound, which seems fairly accurate. We used them
as our ISP for a while, but soon decided they were even less use than a chocolate teapot (which
would at least be edible) and decamped to Force 9, who will, when there is a problem, actually
answer questions comprehensibly :)

--
Carol Hague "One evil at at time. That's the best I can do." - Crichton, _Farscape_

Status
Not open for further replies.