OT: Happy Father's day to all dads!

Zilla wrote:

> MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Zilla wrote:
>>
>>>I got a Sony DSC-W1 digital cam for my services! :)

>>Yeah, happy father's day, dads!
>>
>>I got a nice Moonstone wicking shirt and some chocolate covered
>>raisins (fancy ones with dark chocolate).
>>I also got a nice day off from my wife so I went for a ride. I tried
>>to rally some friends,but they all had other riding plans of stuff
>>I've done recently. So I went up valley solo and rode some classic
>>Crested Butte singletrack I haven't been on. It was good.
>>
>>http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-06/dyke start.JPG
>>http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-06/dyke lower.jpg
>>
>>Matt

> Where do you live again Matt? You have some damn good
> looking trails!

He lives near Paradise.

Greg
--
Destroy your safe and happy lives
Before it is too late

Zilla wrote:
> MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Zilla wrote:
>>> I got a Sony DSC-W1 digital cam for my services! :)

>> Yeah, happy father's day, dads!
>>
>> I got a nice Moonstone wicking shirt and some chocolate covered
>> raisins (fancy ones with dark chocolate).
>> I also got a nice day off from my wife so I went for a ride. I tried
>> to rally some friends,but they all had other riding plans of stuff
>> I've done recently. So I went up valley solo and rode some classic
>> Crested Butte singletrack I haven't been on. It was good.
>>
>> http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-06/dyke start.JPG
>> http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-06/dyke lower.jpg
>>
>> Matt

> Where do you live again Matt? You have some damn good
> looking trails!

Gunnison County, Co.
One of the few places you could take a photo like this:
http://www.mattb.net/images/misc/-38 F 2003-01-05.jpg

Matt

cc says:

>As long as they're pints ! But those should be given daily, and for reason .
>. not for the season.

Heehee... Haven't touched any since the day before my wedding in 1976. Well,
maybe I shouldn't go as far as "any", but it's been limited to sips at
celebrations.

Steve "dry sa a bone"

MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
> Zilla wrote:
>> MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah, happy father's day, dads!
>>>
>>> I got a nice Moonstone wicking shirt and some chocolate covered
>>> raisins (fancy ones with dark chocolate).
>>> I also got a nice day off from my wife so I went for a ride. I tried
>>> to rally some friends,but they all had other riding plans of stuff
>>> I've done recently. So I went up valley solo and rode some classic
>>> Crested Butte singletrack I haven't been on. It was good.
>>>
>>> http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-06/dyke start.JPG
>>> http://www.mattb.net/images/2004-06/dyke lower.jpg
>>>
>>> Matt

>> Where do you live again Matt? You have some damn good
>> looking trails!

> Gunnison County, Co.
> One of the few places you could take a photo like this:
> http://www.mattb.net/images/misc/-38 F 2003-01-05.jpg
>
> Matt

LOL! :)

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> cc wrote:
> >> You seem confused. It's not about what you "got", it's about what
> >> you "have".
> >>
> >> JD

> > I agree. I think gifts - especially for holidays like father's day -
> > are dumb.

> I always request no gifts, but then my wife defies my authority as Man of
> the House and always gets me a little something anyway. It's a nice gesture
> and generally a small expense so I don't complain.

Mrs B is definitely a sweetheart and I would not think any gesture
like that from her to be contrived.

JD