OT: Here's to crazy people.

Status

Andy Chequer

Guest
What the hell is it with the clock on this computer. I've reset it twice today FFS.

Dr Who would be pleased.

Andy Chequer

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/West/12/19/monkey.pants.reut/
> >

> > And here's to more:
> >
> > http://www.rubbishmonkey.co.uk/
> >
> > And, here's to the classics:
> >
> > http://www.monkeyheaven.com/
>

> So one is left to conclude that you were doing a Net Search for "monkeys".

Nope, but someone I know did and e-mailed me.

> Slow morning?!? :)

For them, obviously!

> Bill "got a laugh outta the first one ('yes, I have monkeys in my pants')"
> S.

Heh - that was the bit that 'tickled' me too ',;~}

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> What the hell is it with the clock on this computer. I've reset it twice today FFS.
>
> Dr Who would be pleased.
>
> Andy Chequer

Lithium battery dead or dying?

Shaun aRe - Tick-tock.

Andy Chequer

Guest

> Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
> > What the hell is it with the clock on this computer. I've reset it twice today FFS.
> >
> > Dr Who would be pleased.
> >
> > Andy Chequer
>
> Lithium battery dead or dying?

I would have thought so, though the machine hasn't been switched off. Strange.

Andy Chequer

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message

> > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
> > news:eek:[email protected]...
> > > What the hell is it with the clock on this computer. I've reset it
twice
> > > today FFS.
> > >
> > > Dr Who would be pleased.
> > >
> > > Andy Chequer
> >
> > Lithium battery dead or dying?
>
> I would have thought so, though the machine hasn't been switched off. Strange.

Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that **** happens.

Shaun aRe

Bomba

Guest
Andy Chequer wrote:

>>twice

>>>I would have thought so, though the machine hasn't been switched off. Strange.
>>
>>Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that **** happens.
>>

> It's been rather eccentric since the house got struck by lightning last summer. It crashes every
> five minutes too.

I thought you were just joking about the clock resetting business...

<Geek mode> Install Automachron (http://oneguycoding.com/automachron) and set it up to synch with a
stratum 2 time server (http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock2a.html) on a regular basis.
</Geek mode>

Andy Chequer

Guest

> >>twice

> >>Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that **** happens.
> >>

> > It's been rather eccentric since the house got struck by lightning last summer. It crashes every
> > five minutes too.
>
> I thought you were just joking about the clock resetting business...
>
> <Geek mode> Install Automachron (http://oneguycoding.com/automachron) and set it up to synch with
> a stratum 2 time server (http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock2a.html) on a regular basis.
> </Geek mode>

Swish. Cheers Mate.

Andy Chequer

Andy Chequer

Guest

> Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote
in
> > > message news:eek:[email protected]...
> twice

> > > Lithium battery dead or dying?
> >
> > I would have thought so, though the machine hasn't been switched off. Strange.
>
> Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that **** happens.
>
> Shaun aRe

It's been rather eccentric since the house got struck by lightning last summer. It crashes every
five minutes too.

Andy Chequer

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message

> > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> in
> > twice

> > > I would have thought so, though the machine hasn't been switched off. Strange.
> >
> > Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that **** happens.
> >
> > Shaun aRe
>
> It's been rather eccentric since the house got struck by lightning last summer. It crashes every
> five minutes too.
>
> Andy Chequer

Cool! I wish I had an eccentric PC - kind of an electronic soul mate, but as it is, I just have one
that refuses to play or load CD's for me, but worked perfectly before.

Shaun aRe - wasn't that interesting?....

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message

> > Cool! I wish I had an eccentric PC - kind of an electronic soul mate,
but
> as
> > it is, I just have one that refuses to play or load CD's for me, but
> worked
> > perfectly before.
> >
> > Shaun aRe - wasn't that interesting?....
>
> It would be nice if it was eccentric in a fun way - maybe if it wore silly hats, sang showtunes or
> called people "fruit" - but sadly it's eccentric
in
> a rather tedious, predictable way with BSOD, freezing and occasional clunking sounds (I know, I
> know), asides from the aforementioned timelord tendency.

Tom Baker makes me laugh.

> I have thought about calling a priest but not convinced it'll work as most AMD powered machines
> are atheists IME.

If I could choose, I'd go with AMD any day.

Shaun aRe called a priest one time, he hung up when I mentioned his mother.

Andy Chequer

Guest

> Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote
in
> > > message news:[email protected]...

> wrote
> > in
> > > twice

> > > Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that **** happens.
> > >
> > > Shaun aRe
> >
> > It's been rather eccentric since the house got struck by lightning last summer. It crashes every
> > five minutes too.
> >
> > Andy Chequer
>
> Cool! I wish I had an eccentric PC - kind of an electronic soul mate, but
as
> it is, I just have one that refuses to play or load CD's for me, but
worked
> perfectly before.
>
> Shaun aRe - wasn't that interesting?....

It would be nice if it was eccentric in a fun way - maybe if it wore silly hats, sang showtunes
or called people "fruit" - but sadly it's eccentric in a rather tedious, predictable way with
BSOD, freezing and occasional clunking sounds (I know, I know), asides from the aforementioned
timelord tendency.

I have thought about calling a priest but not convinced it'll work as most AMD powered machines are
atheists IME.

Andy Chequer

Supabonbon

Guest

> > http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/West/12/19/monkey.pants.reut/
> >

> > And here's to more:
> >
> > http://www.rubbishmonkey.co.uk/
> >
> > And, here's to the classics:
> >
> > http://www.monkeyheaven.com/
>

> So one is left to conclude that you were doing a Net Search for "monkeys". Slow morning?!? :) Bill
> "got a laugh outta the first one ('yes, I have monkeys in my pants')"
> S.

I looked up 'flying butt monkeys' and actually came up with something ON TOPIC:
http://www.monkeys.org/faq/

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.