OT: Here's to crazy people.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, Feb 19, 2003.

  1. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

  3. David L

    David L Guest

  4. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    What the hell is it with the clock on this computer. I've reset it twice today FFS.

    Dr Who would be pleased.

    Andy Chequer

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/West/12/19/monkey.pants.reut/
    > >

    > > And here's to more:
    > >
    > > http://www.rubbishmonkey.co.uk/
    > >
    > > And, here's to the classics:
    > >
    > > http://www.monkeyheaven.com/
    >

    > So one is left to conclude that you were doing a Net Search for "monkeys".

    Nope, but someone I know did and e-mailed me.

    > Slow morning?!? :)

    For them, obviously!

    > Bill "got a laugh outta the first one ('yes, I have monkeys in my pants')"
    > S.

    Heh - that was the bit that 'tickled' me too ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > What the hell is it with the clock on this computer. I've reset it twice today FFS.
    >
    > Dr Who would be pleased.
    >
    > Andy Chequer

    Lithium battery dead or dying?

    Shaun aRe - Tick-tock.

  7. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]...
    > > What the hell is it with the clock on this computer. I've reset it twice today FFS.
    > >
    > > Dr Who would be pleased.
    > >
    > > Andy Chequer
    >
    > Lithium battery dead or dying?

    I would have thought so, though the machine hasn't been switched off. Strange.

    Andy Chequer

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message

    > > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > > news:eek:[email protected]...
    > > > What the hell is it with the clock on this computer. I've reset it
    twice
    > > > today FFS.
    > > >
    > > > Dr Who would be pleased.
    > > >
    > > > Andy Chequer
    > >
    > > Lithium battery dead or dying?
    >
    > I would have thought so, though the machine hasn't been switched off. Strange.

    Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that shit happens.

    Shaun aRe

  9. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Andy Chequer wrote:

    >>twice

    >>>I would have thought so, though the machine hasn't been switched off. Strange.
    >>
    >>Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that shit happens.
    >>

    > It's been rather eccentric since the house got struck by lightning last summer. It crashes every
    > five minutes too.

    I thought you were just joking about the clock resetting business...

    <Geek mode> Install Automachron (http://oneguycoding.com/automachron) and set it up to synch with a
    stratum 2 time server (http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock2a.html) on a regular basis.
    </Geek mode>

  10. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > >>twice

    > >>Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that shit happens.
    > >>

    > > It's been rather eccentric since the house got struck by lightning last summer. It crashes every
    > > five minutes too.
    >
    > I thought you were just joking about the clock resetting business...
    >
    > <Geek mode> Install Automachron (http://oneguycoding.com/automachron) and set it up to synch with
    > a stratum 2 time server (http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock2a.html) on a regular basis.
    > </Geek mode>

    Swish. Cheers Mate.

    Andy Chequer

  11. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote
    in
    > > > message news:eek:[email protected]...
    > twice

    > > > Lithium battery dead or dying?
    > >
    > > I would have thought so, though the machine hasn't been switched off. Strange.
    >
    > Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that shit happens.
    >
    > Shaun aRe

    It's been rather eccentric since the house got struck by lightning last summer. It crashes every
    five minutes too.

    Andy Chequer

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message

    > > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > in
    > > twice

    > > > I would have thought so, though the machine hasn't been switched off. Strange.
    > >
    > > Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that shit happens.
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe
    >
    > It's been rather eccentric since the house got struck by lightning last summer. It crashes every
    > five minutes too.
    >
    > Andy Chequer

    Cool! I wish I had an eccentric PC - kind of an electronic soul mate, but as it is, I just have one
    that refuses to play or load CD's for me, but worked perfectly before.

    Shaun aRe - wasn't that interesting?....

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message

    > > Cool! I wish I had an eccentric PC - kind of an electronic soul mate,
    but
    > as
    > > it is, I just have one that refuses to play or load CD's for me, but
    > worked
    > > perfectly before.
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - wasn't that interesting?....
    >
    > It would be nice if it was eccentric in a fun way - maybe if it wore silly hats, sang showtunes or
    > called people "fruit" - but sadly it's eccentric
    in
    > a rather tedious, predictable way with BSOD, freezing and occasional clunking sounds (I know, I
    > know), asides from the aforementioned timelord tendency.

    Tom Baker makes me laugh.

    > I have thought about calling a priest but not convinced it'll work as most AMD powered machines
    > are atheists IME.

    If I could choose, I'd go with AMD any day.

    Shaun aRe called a priest one time, he hung up when I mentioned his mother.

  14. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote
    in
    > > > message news:[email protected]...

    > wrote
    > > in
    > > > twice

    > > > Ah! Yer PC's gotten obnoxifucated by a turdilater - that shit happens.
    > > >
    > > > Shaun aRe
    > >
    > > It's been rather eccentric since the house got struck by lightning last summer. It crashes every
    > > five minutes too.
    > >
    > > Andy Chequer
    >
    > Cool! I wish I had an eccentric PC - kind of an electronic soul mate, but
    as
    > it is, I just have one that refuses to play or load CD's for me, but
    worked
    > perfectly before.
    >
    > Shaun aRe - wasn't that interesting?....

    It would be nice if it was eccentric in a fun way - maybe if it wore silly hats, sang showtunes
    or called people "fruit" - but sadly it's eccentric in a rather tedious, predictable way with
    BSOD, freezing and occasional clunking sounds (I know, I know), asides from the aforementioned
    timelord tendency.

    I have thought about calling a priest but not convinced it'll work as most AMD powered machines are
    atheists IME.

    Andy Chequer

  15. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    > > http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/West/12/19/monkey.pants.reut/
    > >

    > > And here's to more:
    > >
    > > http://www.rubbishmonkey.co.uk/
    > >
    > > And, here's to the classics:
    > >
    > > http://www.monkeyheaven.com/
    >

    > So one is left to conclude that you were doing a Net Search for "monkeys". Slow morning?!? :) Bill
    > "got a laugh outta the first one ('yes, I have monkeys in my pants')"
    > S.

    I looked up 'flying butt monkeys' and actually came up with something ON TOPIC:
    http://www.monkeys.org/faq/

    /s