OT How to Pee in Bib tights? Recommend bibs requested...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Me, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Me

    Me Guest

    Sorry for such a basic question, but I gotta know...

    How do I people while wearing bibs tights? Do you gotta take down a strap or something?
    Unfortunately, "I" wont stretch over the top of the lycra...

    I'm shopping for a new warm pair of full bibs, I've narrowed it down to these two pricy animals..
    Any comments, experiences...

    1. First is the Gore Bike Wear Proteam Bib http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=20528

    which seems to be the ticket as it has a zip in the front which would come in handy when it comes to
    addressing the call of nature. How far does the zip go down? Does it rub anything?

    Anyone post a link to the a pic or spec or review? I can't find any website for Gore Bike Wear other
    than one in the US (I'm in the UK) which only list one model of bib.

    2. The second is the Endura Thermastat winter bib longs with the buckels on the straps.

    I assume that the buckle is q/r to make things easier or is it just to adjust the length of the
    straps? Any info as above would be appreciated... Does the buckle dig in? Or interfere?

    ---
    Also, from your experiences, do all bibs get sweaty in the small of the back? I curently, use my non
    fleece line single layer (read thin!) lycra bibs and everything is fine, but the small of my back
    gets really sweaty even with a well ventilated jacket. I know bibs are cut high to keep the kidneys
    cool, but surely a build up of sweat just turns icey. How do the more fleece lined bibs cope with
    this problem?

    Thanks for all the advice to a new autumn biker on the block.

    Tags:

  2. Me wrote:

    > Sorry for such a basic question, but I gotta know...
    >=20
    > How do I people while wearing bibs tights? Do you gotta take down a str=
    ap or
    > something? Unfortunately, "I" wont stretch over the top of the lycra...=

    Ooooh, I've got the perfect solution! Some kindly stranger sent me an=20 email about a special
    chemical treatment that will extend your equipment =

    so you will be able to stretch right over the top! Now where did I put =

    that email...?

    Carapace Completed "Soon To Be Wallowing In Nigerian Gold" Umber
    | My brother will be having a one-man show at | The Yellow Barn Gallery, Glen Echo Maryland |
    | Saturday November 1, noon-7:00; | Sunday November 12 Noon-5:00 | Reception Nov. 1 4:00-6:00=97see
    | you there! | http://junila.com |
    +------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

  3. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    >Sorry for such a basic question, but I gotta know...

    You pull the leg out and let it hang. Doesn't take that much...trust me.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  4. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    > Some kindly stranger sent me an email about a special chemical treatment that will extend your
    > equipment so you will be able to stretch right over the top!

    I get hundreds of those things..

    How do they *know*? -)
    --
    PeteCresswell

  5. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Me wrote:
    > Sorry for such a basic question, but I gotta know...
    >
    > How do I people while wearing bibs tights? Do you gotta take down a strap or something?

    Attempt to yank the front down and rip the straps in the process!

    Seriously, I extended the straps of my Castellis with elastic because they were too uncomfortable at
    the shoulders anyway and then found it was easier to take a "natural break" as a bonus.
    Unfortunatley this won't be possible with all bibs that have a high front. The ones with a zip
    should help!

    ~PB

  6. Phil Holman

    Phil Holman Guest

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > RE/
    > >Sorry for such a basic question, but I gotta know...
    >
    > You pull the leg out and let it hang. Doesn't take that much...trust
    me.

    Sure, mine hangs down to my ankle as well...............not. Did you miss the tights part.

    Phil Holman

  7. Biemme used to make bibs with an actual fly. I bought a pair a few years ago. I can check if they
    still have them, They were called Phisio-Pro, and they really do work well...

    "Pete Biggs" <pbiggmellon{remove_fruit}[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Me wrote:
    > > Sorry for such a basic question, but I gotta know...
    > >
    > > How do I people while wearing bibs tights? Do you gotta take down a strap or something?
    >
    > Attempt to yank the front down and rip the straps in the process!
    >
    > Seriously, I extended the straps of my Castellis with elastic because they were too uncomfortable
    > at the shoulders anyway and then found it was easier to take a "natural break" as a bonus.
    > Unfortunatley this won't be possible with all bibs that have a high front. The ones with a zip
    > should help!
    >
    > ~PB

  8. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    >Did you miss the tights part.

    Yeah. I was thinking shorts.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  9. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry for such a basic question, but I gotta know...
    >
    > How do I people while wearing bibs tights? Do you gotta take down a strap
    or
    > something? Unfortunately, "I" wont stretch over the top of the lycra...

    Just piss in the shorts..if it's good enough for Fignon... ;-)

    Cheers,

    Scott..

  10. Carl Fogel

    Carl Fogel Guest

    "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    [snip]

    Dear Me,

    The reason that gentlemen do not discuss this sort of question is that the ladies (after they stop
    rolling on the floor and laughing) will deluge us with all sorts of mocking advice.

    Courage!

    Carl Fogel

  11. Scott Mann

    Scott Mann Guest

    "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry for such a basic question, but I gotta know...
    >
    > How do I people while wearing bibs tights? Do you gotta take down a strap
    or
    > something? Unfortunately, "I" wont stretch over the top of the lycra...
    >
    > Thanks for all the advice to a new autumn biker on the block.

    I guess if you're man enough you could figure something out with this neat-o item from REI.com. htt-
    p://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=726&parent-
    _category_rn=4500612

    a.. Requires minimal undressing for discreet use Maybe you could stick the end in an old coke bottle
    and shove the entire thing down your pants. Just a thought.

    Scott.

  12. Swampy

    Swampy Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Scott Mann" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I guess if you're man enough you could figure something out with this neat-o item from REI.com.

    go to a hospital and ask for a condom catheter...

  13. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Carl Fogel wrote:
    > Dear Me,
    >
    > The reason that gentlemen do not discuss this sort of question is that the ladies (after they stop
    > rolling on the floor and laughing) will deluge us with all sorts of mocking advice.

    Well, at least we don't have to worry about the Paving Slab Fairy* here on rec.bicycles.tech :)

    * http://tinyurl.com/roru

    ~PB

  14. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    "Me" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Sorry for such a basic question, but I gotta know...
    >
    > How do I people while wearing bibs tights? Do you gotta take down a strap or something?
    > Unfortunately, "I" wont stretch over the top of the lycra...
    >
    > I'm shopping for a new warm pair of full bibs, I've narrowed it down to these two pricy animals..
    > Any comments, experiences...

    It's very simple. You take off your jersey, flip the straps down your arms, and roll the thing down
    to a convenient height. To reverse the process, adjust the tail of your undershirt, roll the bib
    back up, slip your arms through the straps, and put your jersey on again. You think _we_'ve got it
    bad? Just ask your girlfriend....

    Nevertheless, it's quite amazing how, as soon as I've got all kitted up for a ride, I remember I
    haven't had a pee...

    I have two pairs of bib longs, one Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op's own brand, which are sufficiently nice
    that you really don't notice them in use but are now fairly beat up from falling off mountain bikes
    too often, and one pair of Campags which I bought because I'm a label weenie which are also
    extremely comfortable but have this quite embarrasingly enormous amount of padding around the,
    uhhhhmmmm, crotch. Like wearing a cod-piece. The EBC ones (80% polyester 20% elastane) are a lot
    more stretchy than the Campags (Roubaix). The Roubaix fabric is more cozy but if you're going for
    Roubaix make sure they fit.

    ;; not so much a regugee from reality, more a bogus ;; asylum seeker

  15. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    "S. Anderson" <[email protected]> writes:

    > "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Sorry for such a basic question, but I gotta know...
    > >
    > > How do I people while wearing bibs tights? Do you gotta take down a strap
    > or
    > > something? Unfortunately, "I" wont stretch over the top of the lycra...
    > >

    > Just piss in the shorts..if it's good enough for Fignon... ;-)

    <innocent> I know that this is what legend has it that the professionals do, but is it actually
    true? </innocent>

    ;; not so much a regugee from reality, more a bogus ;; asylum seeker

  16. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Bruce Gilbert wrote:

    > Biemme used to make bibs with an actual fly. I bought a pair a few years ago. I can check if they
    > still have them, They were called Phisio-Pro, and they really do work well...

    Could be a bit embarassing if you forget to zip them up again !

  17. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Depends. My grandfather recommends them.

    Jennifer Summers

  18. >Sorry for such a basic question, but I gotta know...

    >How do I people while wearing bibs tights? Do you gotta take down a strap or something?
    >Unfortunately, "I" wont stretch over the top of the lycra...

    Don't buy bib tights. Wear non-bib tights (without a chamois) over a pair of bib shorts.

    To pee, pull the tights down to your knees and lift the leg on your shorts.

    Easy.

    -Andrew

  19. In article <[email protected]>, Me <[email protected]> wrote:
    >How do I people while wearing bibs tights? Do you gotta take down a strap or something?
    >Unfortunately, "I" wont stretch over the top of the lycra...

    But the Lycra will stretch down so you can reach - don't buy bibtights that won't stretch
    far enough.

  20. Foobar

    Foobar Guest

    David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:eek:LD*[email protected]:
    > But the Lycra will stretch down so you can reach - don't buy bibtights that won't stretch
    > far enough.

    For those of you with insufficient natural equipment, some bib tights do have front zippers.