OT : Howard Stern

Matthew Paterso

Guest
Hey

I know this is old news, but what did this dude say to get taken off the air?

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:54:47 +0000, Matthew Paterson
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hey
>
>I know this is old news, but what did this dude say to get taken off the air?

Nothing, he's still on the air.

Clear Channel, a large corporate conglomerate run by wimps, pulled him off their stations, based on
fear of the government action.

Howard's still on here in Connecticut, USA!

Barry

Matthew P says:

>I know this is old news, but what did this dude say to get taken off the air?

Nothing much different from normal, I gather.

;-)

On 2004-03-05, B a r r y penned:
> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:54:47 +0000, Matthew Paterson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Hey
>>
>>I know this is old news, but what did this dude say to get taken off the air?
>

> Nothing, he's still on the air.
>
> Clear Channel, a large corporate conglomerate run by wimps, pulled him off their stations, based
> on fear of the government action.
>
> Howard's still on here in Connecticut, USA!

While I personally detest that ... ah, what's the phrase? ... Ah, I know! ... While I personally
detest that no-talent assclown, I definitely support freedom of broadcast. I can understand why
someone might confuse clearchannel with "all radio broadcasters," as *those* no-talent assclowns are
nigh-ubiquitous, but fortunately, there *are* other options.

If you're ever in the Denver area, tune in to 99.5 the mountain for some great music and
storytelling.

--
monique

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:56:10 +0000, B a r r y wrote:

> Nothing, he's still on the air.

Interesting. Anyway, what did he say to cause the commotion?

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 22:19:20 +0000, Matthew Paterson
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:56:10 +0000, B a r r y wrote:
>
>> Nothing, he's still on the air.
>
>Interesting. Anyway, what did he say to cause the commotion?

Nothing.

The Janet Jackson Super Bowl **** has the FCC and broadcast executives at odds. Clear Channel is at
the center of it, as the largest station owner and syndicator in the US.

Howard is the most famous of them all, so the FCC is JUST NOW looking at fining him for something he
said or did three years ago.

Barry

> Nothing.
>
> The Janet Jackson Super Bowl **** has the FCC and broadcast
executives
> at odds. Clear Channel is at the center of it, as the largest
station
> owner and syndicator in the US.

He's on a Clear Channel station here in Phoenix, and he didn't get pulled. As I understand it, he
was pulled from only 6 cities, not all of Clear Channel's stations. And you are right, there
wasn't any specific thing he said...this appears to be coming as a repercussion of the Janet
Jackson incident.

-John Morgan

"Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Hey
>
> I know this is old news, but what did this dude say to get taken off the air?
>
> --
> Matt
>
> Fear of a flat planet

The rumor I heard was his discussion on air with the guy (can't remember his name) who filmed Paris
Hilton about the finer points of his film making...

-p

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 2004-03-05, B a r r y penned:
> > On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:54:47 +0000, Matthew Paterson <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Hey
> >>
> >>I know this is old news, but what did this dude say to get taken off the air?
> >

> > Nothing, he's still on the air.
> >
> > Clear Channel, a large corporate conglomerate run by wimps, pulled him off their stations, based
> > on fear of the government action.
> >
> > Howard's still on here in Connecticut, USA!
> >

> While I personally detest that ... ah, what's the phrase? ... Ah, I know! ... While I personally
> detest that no-talent assclown, I definitely support freedom of broadcast. I can understand why
> someone might confuse clearchannel with "all radio broadcasters," as *those* no-talent assclowns
> are nigh-ubiquitous, but fortunately, there *are* other options.
>
> If you're ever in the Denver area, tune in to 99.5 the mountain for some great music and
> storytelling.
>
> --
> monique

99.5 is one of my presets...

-p

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:19:10 -0700, "Monique Y. Herman"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>While I personally detest that ... ah, what's the phrase? ... Ah, I know! ... While I personally
>detest that no-talent assclown, I definitely support freedom of broadcast. I can understand why
>someone might confuse clearchannel with "all radio broadcasters," as *those* no-talent assclowns
>are nigh-ubiquitous, but fortunately, there *are* other options.

You're big on assclowns, eh?

Barry

On 2004-03-06, B a r r y penned:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:19:10 -0700, "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>While I personally detest that ... ah, what's the phrase? ... Ah, I know! ... While I personally
>>detest that no-talent assclown, I definitely support freedom of broadcast. I can understand why
>>someone might confuse clearchannel with "all radio broadcasters," as *those* no-talent assclowns
>>are nigh-ubiquitous, but fortunately, there *are* other options.
>
> You're big on assclowns, eh?

I was attempting to use repetition to reinforce the notion that I really disliked both sets
(although, all things considered, I'd rather have howard stern in my life than clearchannel
controlling my radio). If it failed, my apologies.

--
monique

Pippen wrote:
> "Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>> Hey
>>
>> I know this is old news, but what did this dude say to get taken off the air?
>>

> The rumor I heard was his discussion on air with the guy (can't remember his name) who filmed
> Paris Hilton about the finer points of his film making...

I had heard it was because some racist guest used the 'N' word repeatedly, and they didn't use their
5-second-delay kill switch thing to prevent it from being aired.

Anyone know the truth?

Bill "can't stand him, but censorship is worse" S.

Pippen <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>> Hey
>>
>> I know this is old news, but what did this dude say to get taken off the air?
>>
>> --
>> Matt
>>
>> Fear of a flat planet
>>

> The rumor I heard was his discussion on air with the guy (can't remember his name) who filmed
> Paris Hilton about the finer points of his film making...
>
> -p

No need to rely on mere rumors. Rumors in print are much more reliable.

http://tinyurl.com/yvxke

Obviously the whole Janet Jackson show has raised some sensitivity to the concept of standards on
public airwaves. However, I gotta figure the conspiracy theories are a bit much.

Tom

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 22:26:20 +0000, B a r r y wrote:

> The Janet Jackson Super Bowl **** has the FCC and broadcast executives at odds.

I was so corrupted by JJ's ****, I'm just gonna... ahhh....

have another beer...

The mighty **** can kill... good thing her vagina didn't pop out too!
--
Slacker

S o r n i wrote:
> Pippen wrote:
>> "Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:p[email protected]...
>>> Hey
>>>
>>> I know this is old news, but what did this dude say to get taken off the air?
>>>

>> The rumor I heard was his discussion on air with the guy (can't remember his name) who filmed
>> Paris Hilton about the finer points of his film making...
>
> I had heard it was because some racist guest used the 'N' word repeatedly, and they didn't use
> their 5-second-delay kill switch thing to prevent it from being aired.
>
> Anyone know the truth?
>
> Bill "can't stand him, but censorship is worse" S.

Yes, that was the excuse Clear Channel used. But it's OK for just about every CSI type show and ER
to use tits.

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:19:10 -0700, "Monique Y. Herman"
<[email protected]> wrote:

[snip]

> no-talent assclown

ROFLMAO, truly perfect.

Peace, Bill

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of
the world.
:-]

<[email protected]> wrote:

... While I personally detest that no-talent assclown,

Amen. Fredzep

Yes he is still on the air and Martha Stewart is still in CT. Maybe she have a
new address in june.

I MTB 2004

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:19:10 -0700, "Monique Y. Herman"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
>> no-talent assclown
>
>ROFLMAO, truly perfect.

Except that The comparison to Howard Stern probably insults
a lot of other no-talent assclowns.

Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of
the $695 ti frame