OT: Humor - Ob: Food

S

Sf

FYI: You can stop reading as soon as you figure out it's a redux. I haven't seen it in a very long
time, so that' why I'm passing it onto those of you who may get a chuckle out of it.

;)

```````

Ladies of days gone by: If a lady accidentally over-salts a dish while it's still cooking, she drops
in a peeled potato and it absorbs the excess salt for an instant "fix-me-up."

Women of today: If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too damn bad. Please recite
with me, The Real Women's motto: "I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes."

Ladies of days gone by: Cure for headaches - Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your
forehead. The throbbing will go away.

Women of today: Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink. You might still have the
headache, but who cares?

Ladies of days gone by: Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice
cream drips.

Women of today: Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake. You are
probably lying on the couch, with your feet up, eating it anyway.

Ladies of days gone by: Keep potatoes from budding by placing an apple in the bag with the potatoes.

Women of today: Buy boxed mashed potato mix and keep it in the pantry for up to a year.

Ladies of days gone by: When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry
cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.

Women of today: Go to the bakery -- they'll even decorate it for you.

Ladies of days gone by: Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a
beautiful, glossy finish.

Women of today: Sara Lee frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust.

Ladies of days gone by: If you have a problem opening a jar, try using latex dishwashing gloves
because they have a non-slip grip that makes jar opening easier.

Women of today: Ask that (adorable) manly man, neighbor to help you.

Ladies of days gone by: Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use
in casseroles and sauces.

Women of today: Leftover wine??

Remember this: A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be there by your
side saying, "Damn, we really screwed up this time".

Practice safe eating - always use condiments