OT humour and a warning to our u.r.c. new mums

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Wafflycathcsdir, Apr 25, 2003.

  1. It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Watch out! These puppies are loaded!"

    See

    http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/story.asp?id=51AA6AB6-034B- 4FE0-911C-04871E6B1EC5

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    Tags:

  2. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

  4. >> It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Watch out! These puppies are loaded!"

    >> See
    >>

    > http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/story.asp?id=51AA6AB6-034B-
    >> 4FE0-911C-04871E6B1EC5
    >>
    >> Cheers, helen s
    >
    > I particularly liked the last few lines .. 'the country that brought you Hooters .. ' , It'd be
    > funny if it wasn't so stupidly ridiculous ..

    But if a nursing mother "gets 'em out", does this mean a 2 drink minimum?
    :)

    --
    StainlessSteelRat

    Dana Scully: So we know it wasn't an alien that probed her.

  5. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote:
    > It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Watch out! These puppies are loaded!"
    >
    > See
    >
    > http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/story.asp?id=51AA6AB6-034B- 4FE0-911C-04871E6B1EC5

    Reminds me IIRC of Ester Ranzen having a similar experience feeding her baby in a restuarant and
    other diners complaining. It was followed by a letter to the Times supposedly from the baby
    complaining that while in a restaurant the other night he had been greatly upset to find himself
    surrounded by people stuffing dead animals into their mouths while he was trying to dine. Touche.

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

  6. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    I wish to register a (somewhat belated) complaint about the contents of http://simon.trinhall.cam.a-
    c.uk/swmpics/2003/pics.cgi?dir=swmpics/2003/baby/17march2003&zoom=1&img=IMG_5506.JPG

    I have been in deep shock since it was referenced in an earlier thread on this newsgroup.

    :)

    (What was the mother supposed to do? Feed the kid the products of some chemical plant in Milwaukee?)

  7. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tony W <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > I wish to register a (somewhat belated) complaint about the contents of

    http://simon.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/swmpics/2003/pics.cgi?dir=swmpics/2003/baby/
    17march2003&zoom=1&img=IMG_5506.JPG

    > I have been in deep shock since it was referenced in an earlier thread on this newsgroup.

    Talk to Neil Brown about sueing him. A couple of years ago he bumped into someone in Leicester who's
    son is a solicitor. ;-)

    Tony

    -- http://www.raven-family.com

  8. >(What was the mother supposed to do? Feed the kid the products of some chemical plant in
    >Milwaukee?)

    Exactly. I can understand not wanting to be next to the nappy changing process
    - indeed when Nathan was a baby I would not, through choice, change his nappy next to a stranger as
    the contents of a fouled nappy are not particularly nice, even if not so bad as to haul the
    offending baby & adult up on terrorism charge ;-) BUT as for the breast feeding bit; to me, it's
    the complaining guy who is a complete t*t ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  9. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > >(What was the mother supposed to do? Feed the kid the products of some chemical plant in
    > >Milwaukee?)
    >
    > Exactly. I can understand not wanting to be next to the nappy changing
    process
    > - indeed when Nathan was a baby I would not, through choice, change his
    nappy
    > next to a stranger as the contents of a fouled nappy are not particularly
    nice,
    > even if not so bad as to haul the offending baby & adult up on terrorism
    charge
    > ;-)

    The contents of the nappy would probably be considered a weapon of mass destruction if:-

    1. the baby had been fed on the output of a Milwaukee chemical plant.

    2. the baby did not hold a US passport.

    Maybe George W would consider giving Bechtel a contract for squillions to change the said nappy.
    Mind you, the survival chances of the baby would not be high :(

    > BUT as for the breast feeding bit; to me, it's the complaining guy who is
    > complete t*t ;-)

    Maybe he just wanted to read his Playboy in peace. (Now that I do find offensive -- but its
    surprising how often you see it -- especially on US domestic flights).

    I used to fly a lot. Every mother with baby I met was paranoid that the screaming mite was a major
    problem for the world. None seemed to understand it would quieten down when the pressure equalised
    and its ears stopped hurting like hell.

  10. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard
    of [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

    > BUT as for the breast feeding bit; to me, it's the complaining guy who is a complete t*t ;-)

    Hmm, I wonder ...

    There's a stretch of road on my way home from Plymouth that goes past McDonalds and Kentucky Fried
    Chicken. The smell of grease makes me feel very sick as I pass (I seriously dread the traffic lights
    on that bit of road being on red). Maybe the smell of mothers milk has that effect on some?

    --
    Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
    Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

  11. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Nick Kew <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite
    monkeys
    > at the keyboard of [email protected]
    (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

    > > BUT as for the breast feeding bit; to me, it's the complaining guy who
    is a
    > > complete t*t ;-)
    >
    > Hmm, I wonder ...
    >
    > There's a stretch of road on my way home from Plymouth that goes past McDonalds and Kentucky Fried
    > Chicken. The smell of grease makes me feel very sick as I pass (I seriously dread the traffic
    > lights on that bit of road being on red). Maybe the smell of mothers milk has that effect on some?
    >
    > --
    > Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France
    > 1.5, Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

    I cried my eyes out when my Mother stopped breast feeding me. Only years later did I realise it was
    because it would be 16 years before I got that close to a pair again!

    :)

    --
    Mark

  12. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > I cried my eyes out when my Mother stopped breast feeding me. Only years later did I realise it
    > was because it would be 16 years before I got that close to a pair again!

    You had to wait until you were 37?

    :)

    --
    Dave...