[OT: humour] On the subject of taking Iraq messages elsewhere

"Just zis Guy, you know?" skrev

> >So what if Iraq does still have some left over Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)?
>
> It's like this: in go the weapons inspectors and say "show us your weapons." If Saddam shows them
> any weapons, Dubya says "Aha! Weapons!" and invades. If Saddam shows them an empty bunker Dubya
> says "Aha! He's not showing the inspectors his weapons!" and invades.

Yep, its a perfect Catch-22.

Not much humour in this thread btw. :)

Mikael

Mikael Seierup wrote:

> Not much humour in this thread btw. :)

Mikael,

You don't find the possibility of thousands to tens of thousands US servicemen and women and tens of
thousands to hundreds of thousands Iraqis getting killed in a needless war of US Imperialism to be
humorous? What a dour humorless person you are. It must be the cold Danish winter rain affecting
your mood.

"Tom Sherman" skrev...

> You don't find the possibility of thousands to tens of thousands US servicemen and women and tens
> of thousands to hundreds of thousands Iraqis getting killed in a needless war of US Imperialism to
> be humorous?

Actually I don't.

> What a dour humorless person you are. It must be the cold Danish winter rain affecting your mood.

Nah I'm in a good mood actually. I got a luscious black beauty lying on my couch. Shes 180 cm long,
has smooth black skin and weighs 2100 grammes nekkid. ;o)

Regards Mikael

Freewheeling wrote:

> OK, child molester then. Just email me if you actually think this topic worth pursuing. I don't.

Scott,

It is interesting to note that the term you used, "paedophile pervert Scott Ritter" is the exact
words used by several rightwing [1] websites according to a Google search, including the less common
spelling of "paedophile" instead of "pedophile".

[1] I refuse to discredit the term conservative.

"Mikael Seierup" skrev ...
> Nah I'm in a good mood actually. I got a luscious black beauty lying on my couch. Shes 180 cm
> long, has smooth black skin and weighs 2100 grammes nekkid. ;o)

Thats 4.63 lbs for the metrically challenged. :)

Mikael

Mikael Seierup wrote:

> Nah I'm in a good mood actually. I got a luscious black beauty lying on my couch. Shes 180 cm
> long, has smooth black skin and weighs 2100 grammes nekkid. ;o)

Mikael,

Someone I know in the Chicagoland area is expecting what I believe to be a sibling of your new
arrival sometime this spring.

By the way, the gram is a unit of mass, not force (weight). ;)

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's

> Turkey has the highest level of civil and political freedom and the greatest freedom of the press
> in the Middle East.

Unless, of course, you're a Kurd protesting about the proposed destruction of your home by the
building of a dam. Then you can pick one of the following options:

1. Imprisonment and torture
2. er, there is no number two

TURKEY – EUROPE’S TOP TORTURERS Turkey’s record on human rights is not great. The Turkish government
are not big on consulting with minorities such as the Kurds affected by the Ilisu dam. They have the
worst human rights record in Europe, with the most number of cases heard by the European Court of
Human Rights (ECHR). The ECHR have stated that torture is “endemic” and “state policy” in the south
east region of the country. Amnesty International describe torture as “widespread” nationwide.

from http://www.channel4.com/news/microsites/M/mark_thomas/4/1.html

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Mikael Seierup wrote:

> "Mikael Seierup" skrev ...
> > Nah I'm in a good mood actually. I got a luscious black beauty lying on my couch. Shes 180 cm
> > long, has smooth black skin and weighs 2100 grammes nekkid. ;o)
>
> Thats 4.63 lbs for the metrically challenged. :)

Mikael,

The Metric System was replaced by the International System of Units (SI) in 1960. Therefore, you are
only 43 years out of date. ;)

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's

Oh Yeah In Canada some of the people are on the Imperial system, some are on the Metric system, U.S.
measures, British measures, Canadian measures and all together nobody knows what the hell is going
on anymore. Famous case was the U.S. Passenger Jet that refuelled in Quebec, thought they got
gallons of fuel and got Metric Litres and the jet did a nose dive into Manitoba...2400 miles shy of
their destination. And cooking...sheesh, you need a calculator and a computer to bake a cake now,
the recipe is Imperial American, the packaging in Canada is U.S. or Canadian Imperial and Canadian
Metric, you convert back and forth and hope the cake resembles a cake.

Canada went Metric because we had a Prime Minister (Trudeau) who saw Europe had gone Metric and he
was convinced the U.S.A. was about to go Metric as well....what a moron.

> Mikael Seierup wrote:
> >
> > "Mikael Seierup" skrev ...
> > > Nah I'm in a good mood actually. I got a luscious black beauty lying
on my couch.
> > > Shes 180 cm long, has smooth black skin and weighs 2100 grammes
nekkid. ;o)

> > Thats 4.63 lbs for the metrically challenged. :)
>
> Mikael,
>
> The Metric System was replaced by the International System of Units (SI) in 1960. Therefore, you
> are only 43 years out of date. ;)
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Canada went Metric because we had a Prime Minister (Trudeau) who saw Europe had gone Metric and he
> was convinced the U.S.A. was about to go Metric as well....what a moron.

I think people in the U.S. mainly fear that the metric system is another f***ed up system like they
have now, instead of all being base 10. They stop listening before they even hear the good parts.
Its a lot easier using metric wrenches. "Let's see, 9/16 is too small so I guess the next size up is
nineteen-thirty-seconds but a 5/8 doesn't fit, so...hey it's a 15mm metric after all!"

Dave:

No "unless." The level of political and civil freedom in the Middle East, except for Israel, is
abyssmal. The fact that Turkey is the most free doesn't mean they're "home free."

(4 on political, 5 on civil freedom and 58th percentile on freedom of the press, where a
higher number is bad and the scale is 1 to 7 for the indices. This is the top of the heap,
except for Israel.)

The point is that since they're clearly moving in the right direction, and are already at the head
of that rather backward class, the notion that we use our military to impose some sort of change on
them is ridiculous. In fact, what the Middle East may need, and what some liberal minded citizens of
the Trucial Coast think they need, is an Arab Kemal Attaturk.

--
--Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

> > Turkey has the highest level of civil and political freedom and the greatest freedom of the
> > press in the Middle East.
>
> Unless, of course, you're a Kurd protesting about the proposed destruction of your home by the
> building of a dam. Then you can pick one of the following options:
>
> 1. Imprisonment and torture
> 2. er, there is no number two
>
> TURKEY – EUROPE’S TOP TORTURERS Turkey’s record on human rights is not great. The Turkish
> government are
not
> big on consulting with minorities such as the Kurds affected by the Ilisu dam. They have the worst
> human rights record in Europe, with the most number of cases heard by the European Court of Human
> Rights (ECHR). The
ECHR
> have stated that torture is “endemic” and “state policy” in the south east region of the country.
> Amnesty International describe torture as “widespread” nationwide.
>
> from http://www.channel4.com/news/microsites/M/mark_thomas/4/1.html
>
> Dave Larrington - http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/
> http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

By the way, it was the Anatolian Kurds acting as agents of the Turkish government that carried out
the first genocide of the 20th Century on the Armenians.

--
--Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

And you *will* submit your mea culpas if you're predictions are off, right?

--
--Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

> Mikael Seierup wrote:
> >
> > Not much humour in this thread btw. :)
>
> Mikael,
>
> You don't find the possibility of thousands to tens of thousands US servicemen and women and tens
> of thousands to hundreds of thousands Iraqis getting killed in a needless war of US Imperialism to
> be humorous? What a dour humorless person you are. It must be the cold Danish winter rain
> affecting your mood.
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

I wouldn't know about that. I just figured the spelling "pedophile" might be construed as a foot
fetishist.

--

Freewheeling wrote:

> Dave:
>
> No "unless." The level of political and civil freedom in the Middle East, except for Israel, is
> abyssmal....

Unless you are one of the Palestinian Arabs the Likud party wishes to ethnically cleanse from the
entire region west of the Jordan River.

St. Paul's Letter to the Hermaphrodites

Dear Hermaphrodites:

Go **** yourselves.

Sincerely,

St. Paul

[From a delightful little Irish movie named An Everlasting Piece]

--
--Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

> Freewheeling wrote:
> >
> > Dave:
> >
> > No "unless." The level of political and civil freedom in the Middle
East,
> > except for Israel, is abyssmal....
>
> Unless you are one of the Palestinian Arabs the Likud party wishes to ethnically cleanse from the
> entire region west of the Jordan River.
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

"Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> What war has "a foreseeable end?"

According to Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld, the coming Iraq disarmament/regime change/liberation _will_ be
over in a matter of months, if not weeks, if not days. Then the oil grab, er... building of
democratic society can begin.

Paul

Paul:

The theory that this is about some "oil grab" is just soft-headed rubbish. We aren't excluded from
oil contracts with Iraq. Indeed, we can establish very favorable terms with them as specified by
Saddam's son Uday recently, in marked contrast to the possibilities in Libya and Iran, where US oil
interests are excluded entirely. So if the "oil grab" theory had any merit at all, we're attacking
the wrong country.

Bottom line: It's about security, pure and simple. What's more, that's obvious to anyone with an
objective perspective.

--
--Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

news:[email protected]...

Freewheeling wrote:

> St. Paul's Letter to the Hermaphrodites
>
> Dear Hermaphrodites:
>
> Go **** yourselves.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> St. Paul
>
> [From a delightful little Irish movie named An Everlasting Piece]
>
> --
> --Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.
>
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Freewheeling wrote:
> > >
> > > Dave:
> > >
> > > No "unless." The level of political and civil freedom in the Middle
> East,
> > > except for Israel, is abyssmal....
> >
> > Unless you are one of the Palestinian Arabs the Likud party wishes to ethnically cleanse from
> > the entire region west of the Jordan River.

I guess it is pretty hard to defend the indefensible - better to just insult anyone who
points it out.