OT: hungry mouth

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Wafflycathcsdir, Jun 9, 2003.

  1. Outside my office window I have a bird feeding station. Right now, on top of the station is a wee
    great tit fledgling squeaking its head off (a sort of avian "MMMMMUUUMMM I'M STARRRRVVING NOOWWW!")
    And the poor parents are picking at peanuts to stuff down its open mouth, alongside insect
    offerings. Nothing seems to sate the hunger of this fledgling. Obviously no-one has explained to it
    the difference between "parent" and "slave" yet. I feel for the parent bird!!!

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~
    This is sent from a redundant email. Mail sent to it is dumped. My correct one can be gleaned from
    :- h$**$$e$l$**e$n$**$d$**$o$$t**$$s$**$imo$ns**@a$$**o$l.c$$*o$m*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

    Tags:

  2. Lez

    Lez Guest

    I can only assume that this talk of tits is an example of the pornographic material being
    distributed by that impersonator we were warned about earlier. Disgraceful.

    > Outside my office window I have a bird feeding station. Right now, on top
    of
    > the station is a wee great tit fledgling squeaking its head off (a sort of avian "MMMMMUUUMMM I'M
    > STARRRRVVING NOOWWW!") And the poor parents are picking at peanuts to stuff down its open mouth,
    > alongside insect offerings. Nothing seems to sate the hunger of this
    fledgling.
    > Obviously no-one has explained to it the difference between "parent" and "slave" yet. I feel for
    > the parent bird!!!
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > This is sent from a redundant email. Mail sent to it is dumped. My correct one can be gleaned from
    > :- h$**$$e$l$**e$n$**$d$**$o$$t**$$s$**$imo$ns**@a$$**o$l.c$$*o$m*$ by getting rid of the
    > overdependence on money and fame
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    > Obviously no-one has explained to it the difference between "parent" and "slave" yet. I feel for
    > the parent bird!!!

    And that would be different from human offspring in what way, exactly?

    --
    Guy
    ===

  4. Oh dear, can you marke the source of peanuts "out of bounds" ? There is fairly well substantianted
    evidence that peanuts are a cause of high fledgling mortality ...

    Philip Taylor
    --------
    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

    > Outside my office window I have a bird feeding station. Right now, on top of the station is a wee
    > great tit fledgling squeaking its head off (a sort of avian "MMMMMUUUMMM I'M STARRRRVVING
    > NOOWWW!") And the poor parents are picking at peanuts to stuff down its open mouth, alongside
    > insect offerings. Nothing seems to sate the hunger of this fledgling. Obviously no-one has
    > explained to it the difference between "parent" and "slave" yet. I feel for the parent bird!!!
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > This is sent from a redundant email. Mail sent to it is dumped. My correct one can be gleaned from
    > :- h$**$$e$l$**e$n$**$d$**$o$$t**$$s$**$imo$ns**@a$$**o$l.c$$*o$m*$ by getting rid of the
    > overdependence on money and fame
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. Dave Le Good

    Dave Le Good Guest

    > Sandy Morton wrote:
    >
    > > WD40 is basically a moisture dispersant - it is not a lubricant.
    >
    > Light oil is a lubricant and WD40 contains light oil - which does not all evapourate rapidy.
    > Thicker and longer lasting lube is better, though.
    >
    > ~PB

    All this assumes that it is the springs that are squeaking.

    I've tried WD-40, "Tenacious" oil and lithium grease on the spring bolts. None of them made any
    difference. That's because the squeak came from the adjusting bolt (in the nose of the saddle)
    rubbing inside the threads of its nut and the stretcher thingy to which the leather is riveted.

    I'm told that's the most common source of Brooks squeaks - grease the adjusting bolt and you'll be
    fine. Certainly it worked for me.

    Peter Storey