OT: hungry mouth

Wafflycathcsdir

Guest
Outside my office window I have a bird feeding station. Right now, on top of the station is a wee
great *** fledgling squeaking its head off (a sort of avian "MMMMMUUUMMM I'M STARRRRVVING NOOWWW!")
And the poor parents are picking at peanuts to stuff down its open mouth, alongside insect
offerings. Nothing seems to sate the hunger of this fledgling. Obviously no-one has explained to it
the difference between "parent" and "slave" yet. I feel for the parent bird!!!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email. Mail sent to it is dumped. My correct one can be gleaned from
:- h$**$$e$l$**e$n$**$d$**$o$$t**$$s$**$imo$ns**@a$$**o$l.c$$*o$m*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

I can only assume that this talk of tits is an example of the pornographic material being
distributed by that impersonator we were warned about earlier. Disgraceful.

> Outside my office window I have a bird feeding station. Right now, on top
of
> the station is a wee great *** fledgling squeaking its head off (a sort of avian "MMMMMUUUMMM I'M
> STARRRRVVING NOOWWW!") And the poor parents are picking at peanuts to stuff down its open mouth,
> alongside insect offerings. Nothing seems to sate the hunger of this
fledgling.
> Obviously no-one has explained to it the difference between "parent" and "slave" yet. I feel for
> the parent bird!!!
>
> Cheers, helen s
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email. Mail sent to it is dumped. My correct one can be gleaned from
> :- h$**$$e$l$**e$n$**$d$**$o$$t**$$s$**$imo$ns**@a$$**o$l.c$$*o$m*$ by getting rid of the
> overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

> Obviously no-one has explained to it the difference between "parent" and "slave" yet. I feel for
> the parent bird!!!

And that would be different from human offspring in what way, exactly?

--
Guy
===

Oh dear, can you marke the source of peanuts "out of bounds" ? There is fairly well substantianted
evidence that peanuts are a cause of high fledgling mortality ...

Philip Taylor
--------
wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

> Outside my office window I have a bird feeding station. Right now, on top of the station is a wee
> great *** fledgling squeaking its head off (a sort of avian "MMMMMUUUMMM I'M STARRRRVVING
> NOOWWW!") And the poor parents are picking at peanuts to stuff down its open mouth, alongside
> insect offerings. Nothing seems to sate the hunger of this fledgling. Obviously no-one has
> explained to it the difference between "parent" and "slave" yet. I feel for the parent bird!!!
>
> Cheers, helen s
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email. Mail sent to it is dumped. My correct one can be gleaned from
> :- h$**$$e$l$**e$n$**$d$**$o$$t**$$s$**$imo$ns**@a$$**o$l.c$$*o$m*$ by getting rid of the
> overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

news:<[email protected]>...
> Sandy Morton wrote:
>
> > WD40 is basically a moisture dispersant - it is not a lubricant.
>
> Light oil is a lubricant and WD40 contains light oil - which does not all evapourate rapidy.
> Thicker and longer lasting lube is better, though.
>
> ~PB

All this assumes that it is the springs that are squeaking.

I've tried WD-40, "Tenacious" oil and lithium grease on the spring bolts. None of them made any
difference. That's because the squeak came from the adjusting bolt (in the nose of the saddle)
rubbing inside the threads of its nut and the stretcher thingy to which the leather is riveted.

I'm told that's the most common source of Brooks squeaks - grease the adjusting bolt and you'll be
fine. Certainly it worked for me.

Peter Storey