[OT] I did two things I said I'd never do

Nelson @ International Bicycle

Guest
No, I didn't run out and buy a bike with disc brakes.

In one act I broke two of my earlier statements.

I bought an SUV...

....it is a Ford.

Yes, I know I've been making Found On Road Dead and Fix Or Repair Daily
cracks for years, but I needed a second vehicle (carpooling with my wife
doesn't *always* work) and it was $2k.

So, now I've got to buy a carrier for the 1 1/4 rec. hitch (I don't like
using a Yakima on a vehicle this tall - I'm not especially tall at 5'9") and
I've got to get used to driving what's essentially a truck after having
small cars all these years (Chevy Chevette, Toyota Corona, Chevy Corsica and
a Buick Century)

---
International Bicycle
5326 E Independence Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28212
http://intbike.com
704 535-5501

On 2004-06-07, Nelson @ International Bicycle penned:
> No, I didn't run out and buy a bike with disc brakes.
>
> In one act I broke two of my earlier statements.
>
> I bought an SUV...
>
> ...it is a Ford.
>
> Yes, I know I've been making Found On Road Dead and Fix Or Repair
> Daily cracks for years, but I needed a second vehicle (carpooling with
> my wife doesn't *always* work) and it was $2k.
>
> So, now I've got to buy a carrier for the 1 1/4 rec. hitch (I don't
> like using a Yakima on a vehicle this tall - I'm not especially tall
> at 5'9") and I've got to get used to driving what's essentially a
> truck after having small cars all these years (Chevy Chevette, Toyota
> Corona, Chevy Corsica and a Buick Century)

Don't do what my mom did just weeks after buying her Explorer.

She'd pulled too far forward in a turn lane, so when the light changed,
she backed up ... into what she could only describe as "a little blue
car."

Make sure to *really* check those mirrors!

(Also, don't run over any bikes, plzkthx.)

--
monique

> I bought an SUV...
>
> ...it is a Ford.
>
> Yes, I know I've been making Found On Road Dead and Fix Or Repair Daily
> cracks for years, but I needed a second vehicle (carpooling with my wife
> doesn't *always* work) and it was $2k.

You missed "****ed On Rainy Days" and "Fast Only Rolling Down Hill"

If my Escort is anything to go by, "Mechanically Perfect Bodily Dead" would
be much more descriptive.

Andy Chequer 230K and ticking.

Nelson @ International Bicycle wrote:

> No, I didn't run out and buy a bike with disc brakes.
>
> In one act I broke two of my earlier statements.
>
> I bought an SUV...
>
> ...it is a Ford.
>
> Yes, I know I've been making Found On Road Dead and Fix Or Repair Daily
> cracks for years, but I needed a second vehicle (carpooling with my wife
> doesn't *always* work) and it was $2k.

$2000? Had to be Found On the Road Dead.
Any possibility of fashioning a simple rack for inside the vehicle? I
understand the need in some cases, but rear racks border on bike abuse IMHO.

Shawn

Shawn Curry <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Nelson @ International Bicycle wrote:
>
> > No, I didn't run out and buy a bike with disc brakes.
> >
> > In one act I broke two of my earlier statements.
> >
> > I bought an SUV...
> >
> > ...it is a Ford.
> >
> > Yes, I know I've been making Found On Road Dead and Fix Or Repair Daily
> > cracks for years, but I needed a second vehicle (carpooling with my wife
> > doesn't *always* work) and it was $2k.

> $2000? Had to be Found On the Road Dead.
> Any possibility of fashioning a simple rack for inside the vehicle? I
> understand the need in some cases, but rear racks border on bike abuse IMHO.
>
> Shawn

Actually, I'll likely be installing a Saris T-Rax on it. I have no
unusual frames, so it'll work just fine.

If I had the money, I'd get the Yakima roof rail adaptors.

Nelson @ Intern wrote:
> International Bicycle 5326 E Independence Blvd Charlotte, NC 28212
> http://intbike.com/http://intbike.com 704 535-5501

Wow! My dad bought me my first bike at this shop back in the mid-80's,
when I was just a kid... a black & yellow Ross BMX...