UK and Europe · Public discussion

OT: I don't believe it!

Started by Tony Raven · · Last activity · 3 posts · 459 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
29 December 2006
Last activity
30 December 2006
Original author
Tony Raven
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
459
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. A letter in a local rag where I was for Christmas:

    "Dear Sir

    I am really annoyed as I have had a parking ticket slapped on my
    windscreen. I admit it was my own fault for being parked on double
    yellow lines but I was only gone for half an hour. Is this not just a
    money making exercise for the council?"

    --
    Tony

    "...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
    wildly inaccurate..."
    Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

  2. Tony Raven said:

    A letter in a local rag where I was for Christmas:

    "Dear Sir

    I am really annoyed as I have had a parking ticket slapped on my
    windscreen. I admit it was my own fault for being parked on double
    yellow lines but I was only gone for half an hour. Is this not just a
    money making exercise for the council?"

    Sounds normal to me. Around here whenever the Ontario Provincial
    Police start ticketing speeders on the highway all the local drivers
    start getting upset and saying that it is just a 'cash cow' and
    obviously has nothing to do with safety or obeying the law.

    I remember reading an article by an upset reporter in Paris who had her
    car towed in rush hour Paris simply because she had double parked to
    take something into IIRC an antique shop to be refinished. She had not
    been in the store more than 10 minutes.

    John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

  3. Tony Raven <[email hidden]> whizzed past me shouting

    Quoted message said:

    A letter in a local rag where I was for Christmas:

    "Dear Sir

    I am really annoyed as I have had a parking ticket slapped on my
    windscreen. I admit it was my own fault for being parked on double
    yellow lines but I was only gone for half an hour. Is this not just a
    money making exercise for the council?"

    Signs in lane by a building site:

    NO PARKING
    NOT TEN MINUTES
    NOT TEN SECONDS
    NOT AT ALL

    There was nothing parked there.

    --
    Sue ]🙁🙂

    Bicycle helmets are really a bit of a scam.
    They make most cyclists slightly less safe but there's money in selling them.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.