OT: If you're bored when it's raining

"Kevin Stone" wrote:

>> but I read physics

Where read is the past tense of 'to read'

--
Kev

Kevin Stone wrote:

> I'm a physicist [1]...
>
> :)
>
> [1] technically, I'm a theoretical mathematician, but I read physics at
> Keele.

That's alright - physics is a subset of mathematics these days ;-)

Tony

Paul Rudin wrote:

> Physics is applied maths, chemistry is applied physics, biology is
> applied chemistry :)

Maths is applied religion ;-)

Tony

Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes:

> Kevin Stone wrote:
>> I'm a physicist [1]...
>> :)
>> [1] technically, I'm a theoretical mathematician, but I read physics
>> at
>> Keele.
>>

> That's alright - physics is a subset of mathematics these days ;-)

Physics is applied maths, chemistry is applied physics, biology is
applied chemistry :)

in message <[email protected]>, Kevin Stone
('[email protected]') wrote:

> "Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote:
>
>> Where are you then?

> Stoke-on-Trent, and it's currently raining! I admit it didn't rain
> yesterday (and it was very hot), but it's rained for 34 days in the
> last 40.

Saint Swithin's day, if thou be fair...

Having said that we've seen relatively little rain in Southern Scotland
this year.

See one nuclear war, you've seen them all.

Paul Rudin wrote:

> You missed a step - maths is applied logic, logic is applied religion
> :)

You haven't seen my maths ;-)

Tony

Simon Brooke wrote:

> .... and mathematics is a minor but interesting branch of philosophy.

Cogito ergo sum*

Tony

*I think therefore I add up