OT: Iraqi woman

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Darsh, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

  2. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > http://images.radcity.net/5149/359372.mp3

    Hard to argue with that. I'm involved with the Iranian/American/Refugee community here in my town.
    We had a group that we're getting to know, over for dinner, and every single one of the 14 or so
    stated that their first impression of America that amazed them so much was when they touched down in
    our airports and saw so many people smiling! They couldn't believe it. Back home, they have to be
    suspicious, careful and constantly on guard agains government abuses and confiscations, trumped up
    imprisonments and executions.

    And their situation was considered far, far better than their neighbors under the boot of Saddam.

    Paladin

  3. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered:

    >> http://images.radcity.net/5149/359372.mp3
    >
    >Hard to argue with that. I'm involved with the Iranian/American/Refugee community here in my town.
    >We had a group that we're getting to know, over for dinner, and every single one of the 14 or so
    >stated that their first impression of America that amazed them so much was when they touched down
    >in our airports and saw so many people smiling! They couldn't believe it. Back home, they have to
    >be suspicious, careful and constantly on guard agains government abuses and confiscations, trumped
    >up imprisonments and executions.

    FWIW not all Brits are whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the piss out of
    Dubya at every opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is
    nonsense). The question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?

    However, having worked in the Middle East & North Africa I also believe we need to take out the
    other odious regimes in the region - Kuwait, Saudi, Syria, Libya, Algeria....not politically
    acceptable, unfortunately.

    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  4. On 20/3/03 4:57 pm, in article [email protected], "Pete Jones"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered:
    >
    >>> http://images.radcity.net/5149/359372.mp3
    >>
    >> Hard to argue with that. I'm involved with the Iranian/American/Refugee community here in my
    >> town. We had a group that we're getting to know, over for dinner, and every single one of the 14
    >> or so stated that their first impression of America that amazed them so much was when they
    >> touched down in our airports and saw so many people smiling! They couldn't believe it. Back home,
    >> they have to be suspicious, careful and constantly on guard agains government abuses and
    >> confiscations, trumped up imprisonments and executions.
    >
    > FWIW not all Brits are whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the piss out of
    > Dubya at every opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is
    > nonsense). The question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?

    Err, because years ago Saddam was our friend. But you knew that already...

    > However, having worked in the Middle East & North Africa I also believe we need to take out the
    > other odious regimes in the region - Kuwait, Saudi, Syria, Libya, Algeria....not politically
    > acceptable, unfortunately.

    Most of the odious regimes were installed by the Yoo Ess. What about their new best friend
    Uzbekistan? See any glowing reports about their democratic credentials lately? What about the most
    odious of them all, Israel, busily encircling a small country with a big wall, all the better to
    starve them to death, having appropriated their agricultural land and water supply.

    J.

  5. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered: FWIW not all Brits are
    > whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the piss out of Dubya at every
    > opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is nonsense). The
    > question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?

    Because for the last eight years we had a president who was more interested in getting blowjobs
    under his desk that messing around with Iraq.

    Mike

  6. On 20/3/03 9:22 pm, in article [email protected], "Michael Dart"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered: FWIW not all Brits are
    >> whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the piss out of Dubya at every
    >> opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is nonsense). The
    >> question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?
    >>

    > Because for the last eight years we had a president who was more interested in getting blowjobs
    > under his desk that messing around with Iraq.

    Well, he had his eye on the polls long enough to be happy about the jump in popularity he got when
    he bombed a medicine factory in Sudan.

    J.

  7. Tristan

    Tristan Guest

    Jeremy Henderson wrote:
    > On 20/3/03 9:22 pm, in article [email protected], "Michael Dart"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>"Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered: FWIW not all Brits are
    >>>whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the piss out of Dubya at every
    >>>opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is nonsense). The
    >>>question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?
    >>>

    >>Because for the last eight years we had a president who was more interested in getting blowjobs
    >>under his desk that messing around with Iraq.
    >

    > Well, he had his eye on the polls long enough to be happy about the jump in popularity he got when
    > he bombed a medicine factory in Sudan.
    >
    > J.

    That was codename "Operation Lewinsky"

  8. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    > "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered: FWIW not all Brits are
    > > whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the piss out of Dubya at every
    > > opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is nonsense). The
    > > question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?
    > >

    > Because for the last eight years we had a president who was more interested in getting blowjobs
    > under his desk that messing around with Iraq.
    >
    > Mike

    If only there was some way to put him back in office.
    --
    _________________________

  9. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered: FWIW not all Brits are
    > > > whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the piss out of Dubya at every
    > > > opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is nonsense). The
    > > > question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?
    > > >

    > > Because for the last eight years we had a president who was more
    interested
    > > in getting blowjobs under his desk that messing around with Iraq.
    > >
    > > Mike
    > >

    > If only there was some way to put him back in office.

    Oh, I'm sorry. Thought you wrote orifice.

    Bill "don't worry 'bout Willy" S.