OT: Iraqi woman

"Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> http://images.radcity.net/5149/359372.mp3

Hard to argue with that. I'm involved with the Iranian/American/Refugee community here in my town.
We had a group that we're getting to know, over for dinner, and every single one of the 14 or so
stated that their first impression of America that amazed them so much was when they touched down in
our airports and saw so many people smiling! They couldn't believe it. Back home, they have to be
suspicious, careful and constantly on guard agains government abuses and confiscations, trumped up
imprisonments and executions.

And their situation was considered far, far better than their neighbors under the boot of Saddam.

Paladin

On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered:

>> http://images.radcity.net/5149/359372.mp3
>
>Hard to argue with that. I'm involved with the Iranian/American/Refugee community here in my town.
>We had a group that we're getting to know, over for dinner, and every single one of the 14 or so
>stated that their first impression of America that amazed them so much was when they touched down
>in our airports and saw so many people smiling! They couldn't believe it. Back home, they have to
>be suspicious, careful and constantly on guard agains government abuses and confiscations, trumped
>up imprisonments and executions.

FWIW not all Brits are whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the **** out of
Dubya at every opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is
nonsense). The question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?

However, having worked in the Middle East & North Africa I also believe we need to take out the
other odious regimes in the region - Kuwait, Saudi, Syria, Libya, Algeria....not politically
acceptable, unfortunately.

----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

On 20/3/03 4:57 pm, in article [email protected], "Pete Jones"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered:
>
>>> http://images.radcity.net/5149/359372.mp3
>>
>> Hard to argue with that. I'm involved with the Iranian/American/Refugee community here in my
>> town. We had a group that we're getting to know, over for dinner, and every single one of the 14
>> or so stated that their first impression of America that amazed them so much was when they
>> touched down in our airports and saw so many people smiling! They couldn't believe it. Back home,
>> they have to be suspicious, careful and constantly on guard agains government abuses and
>> confiscations, trumped up imprisonments and executions.
>
> FWIW not all Brits are whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the **** out of
> Dubya at every opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is
> nonsense). The question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?

Err, because years ago Saddam was our friend. But you knew that already...

> However, having worked in the Middle East & North Africa I also believe we need to take out the
> other odious regimes in the region - Kuwait, Saudi, Syria, Libya, Algeria....not politically
> acceptable, unfortunately.

Most of the odious regimes were installed by the Yoo Ess. What about their new best friend
Uzbekistan? See any glowing reports about their democratic credentials lately? What about the most
odious of them all, Israel, busily encircling a small country with a big wall, all the better to
starve them to death, having appropriated their agricultural land and water supply.

J.

"Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered: FWIW not all Brits are
> whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the **** out of Dubya at every
> opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is nonsense). The
> question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?

Because for the last eight years we had a president who was more interested in getting blowjobs
under his desk that messing around with Iraq.

Mike

On 20/3/03 9:22 pm, in article [email protected], "Michael Dart"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered: FWIW not all Brits are
>> whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the **** out of Dubya at every
>> opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is nonsense). The
>> question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?
>>

> Because for the last eight years we had a president who was more interested in getting blowjobs
> under his desk that messing around with Iraq.

Well, he had his eye on the polls long enough to be happy about the jump in popularity he got when
he bombed a medicine factory in Sudan.

J.

Jeremy Henderson wrote:
> On 20/3/03 9:22 pm, in article [email protected], "Michael Dart"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered: FWIW not all Brits are
>>>whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the **** out of Dubya at every
>>>opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is nonsense). The
>>>question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?
>>>

>>Because for the last eight years we had a president who was more interested in getting blowjobs
>>under his desk that messing around with Iraq.
>

> Well, he had his eye on the polls long enough to be happy about the jump in popularity he got when
> he bombed a medicine factory in Sudan.
>
> J.

That was codename "Operation Lewinsky"

> "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered: FWIW not all Brits are
> > whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the **** out of Dubya at every
> > opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is nonsense). The
> > question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?
> >

> Because for the last eight years we had a president who was more interested in getting blowjobs
> under his desk that messing around with Iraq.
>
> Mike

If only there was some way to put him back in office.
--
_________________________

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > On 20 Mar 2003 08:45:33 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) blathered: FWIW not all Brits are
> > > whining anti-American appeasers. Although I'll happily take the **** out of Dubya at every
> > > opportunity, I think enforced regime change is required (the WMD argument is nonsense). The
> > > question is not should we do it, but why wasn't it done years ago?
> > >

> > Because for the last eight years we had a president who was more
interested
> > in getting blowjobs under his desk that messing around with Iraq.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> If only there was some way to put him back in office.

Oh, I'm sorry. Thought you wrote orifice.

Bill "don't worry 'bout *****" S.