OT: Is Artie still with Sirius? We will know on Mon...

On Apr 18, 8:35 pm, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Were you in a black out about a month ago when you posted about needing to
> quit drinking, especially as it related to Usenet?  If I've mistaken youfor
> someone else, I apologize.  Pretty sure it was you (and you've only
> fortified the impression with your subsequent OT posts about increasingly
> silly subjects).
>
> > If you want to fight, you got one. (Or do I need to wait on queue?)

> Just stop posting inane ********, and I'll stop commenting on it.
>
> DEAL?
>
> BS (sorry, bs)

Inane b*** s*** is what you chose to call my OT threads.

Usenet is a *VEHICLE*. Usenet is NOT your personal bike CHAT ROOM.

Get it? DUH! - probably not.

OT posting is allowed, under Usenet protocol rules. Read them, and
learn - you are embarrassing yourself, even in front of people who
ride and sell bicycles for a living. Nothing wrong with that!

I earn a living on WANs and LANs worldwide, as a well paid consultant.

hey - *U* picked this fight. But you are, frankly, boring me.

J.

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> DEAL?
>
> BS (sorry, bs)

ABSOLUTELY NO DEAL.

Who do you think you are intimidating?

Just who do you THINK you are?

And what distinguished state of our union are you from?

I (personally) would try to hide that backwater fact.

Death Proof J.

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Who would be intimidated by garage bicycle mechanic from Arkansas?
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

you asked for this fight

fight on

J.

In article
<[email protected]>,
Jay <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Apr 18, 8:35 pm, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Were you in a black out about a month ago when you posted about
> > needing to quit drinking, especially as it related to Usenet?  If
> > I've mistaken you for someone else, I apologize.  Pretty sure it
> > was you (and you've only fortified the impression with your
> > subsequent OT posts about increasingly silly subjects).
> >
> > > If you want to fight, you got one. (Or do I need to wait on
> > > queue?)

> > Just stop posting inane ********, and I'll stop commenting on it.
> >
> > DEAL?
> >
> > BS (sorry, bs)
> >

> Inane b*** s*** is what you chose to call my OT threads.
>
> Usenet is a *VEHICLE*. Usenet is NOT your personal bike CHAT ROOM.
>
> Get it? DUH! - probably not.
>
> OT posting is allowed, under Usenet protocol rules. Read them, and
> learn - you are embarrassing yourself, even in front of people who
> ride and sell bicycles for a living. Nothing wrong with that!

Your posts are far more embarrassing than Bill's.

> I earn a living on WANs and LANs worldwide, as a well paid
> consultant.

Then why do you write like a twit?

> hey - *U* picked this fight. But you are, frankly, boring me.
>
> J.

You're more boring than Bill is.

Jay wrote:
> On Apr 18, 8:35 pm, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

{I'm just surprised you didn't delete this.}

>> Were you in a black out about a month ago when you posted about
>> needing to quit drinking, especially as it related to Usenet? If
>> I've mistaken you for someone else, I apologize. Pretty sure it was
>> you (and you've only fortified the impression with your subsequent
>> OT posts about increasingly silly subjects).
>>
>>> If you want to fight, you got one. (Or do I need to wait on queue?)

>> Just stop posting inane ********, and I'll stop commenting on it.
>>
>> DEAL?
>>
>> BS (sorry, bs)

> Inane b*** s*** is what you chose to call my OT threads.

Not at all. Just the subjects! LOL

> Usenet is a *VEHICLE*. Usenet is NOT your personal bike CHAT ROOM.

Irony, thy name is Jay. LOL

> Get it? DUH! - probably not.
>
> OT posting is allowed, under Usenet protocol rules. Read them, and
> learn - you are embarrassing yourself, even in front of people who
> ride and sell bicycles for a living. Nothing wrong with that!
>
> I earn a living on WANs and LANs worldwide, as a well paid consultant.
>
> hey - *U* picked this fight. But you are, frankly, boring me.

That you completely avoided answering a direct question above is noted (but
hardly surprising).

Again, I wrote "Get sober" based on my recollection of your admission that
you need to quit drinking before writing **** on Usenet. These ridiculous
Howard-Stern-and-Whoever-The-Hell-Some-Artie-Character-Is threads lead me to
believe you're getting blotto and then "free associating" on a cycling
newsgroup, wasting everyone's time on uninteresting and completely humorless
****.

If I'm mistaken about your problem then I'm sorry*, but if not then
please.... "Don't Drink and Post".

*If being drunk isn't the excuse, then why the hell are you posting blather
about stuff in which no one but you are interested? As Jobst would say
(in-between HIS off-topic political posts), "Cut it out!"

HTH BKIW BS

Jay wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Who would be intimidated by garage bicycle mechanic from Arkansas?
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
>> The weather is here, wish you were beautiful
>>

> you asked for this fight
>
> fight on

PLEASE STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME WITH THIS INANE ********.

TYVM.

BS

Jay Bollyn wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> DEAL?
>>
>> BS (sorry, bs)
>>

> ABSOLUTELY NO DEAL.
>
> Who do you think you are intimidating?
>
> Just who do you THINK you are?
>
> And what distinguished state of our union are you from?
>
> I (personally) would try to hide that backwater fact.

San Diego is a backwater?

Jay Bollyn wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Worry not, Jay. Plonkitude is looming.
>>

> oh I am so fearful?!?
>
> just do it loser

If one is NOT kill-filed by Sorni, they either must be innocuous or
doing something wrong.

On Apr 18, 3:04 pm, Jay <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 18, 4:49 pm, N8N <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 18, 1:25 pm, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > "N8N" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > >news:[email protected]...

> > > I'm assuming Artie Lange and the Howard Stern show, but only because
> > > I've read about it elsewhere. I haven't been able to listen to HS
> > > since he went over to Sirius because I didn't feel like paying the $$
> > > for it. Although local over-the-air radio sucks so bad I might have
> > > to reconsider when I get a new car (soon)

> > > nate

> > > New cars come with XM. HS is on Sirius. I have a hand-held Sirius receiver,
> > > plus howardtv.com on comcast.

> > > You are right, terrestrial radio is totally suck.

> > > J.

> > Aren't they going to be the same thing soon anyway?

> > nate- Hide quoted text -

> yeah - IF the merger goes thru - which looks like a done deal at this
> point
>
> but powerful forces have tried to prevent this merger, and they have
> apparently lost
>
> i bought a hand held sirius receiver, and howardtv.com on one-year
> contract, because I just cannot STAND terrestrial radio
>
> i commute 4 hrs daily - so my noise cancelling headphones, with HS
> recorded, is a BIG deal to me
>
> J.

You use headphones that block outside sounds and listen to the radio
while riding a bike in traffic?!?

On Apr 20, 8:35 am, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > For those who don't know: After 7 years on the HS show, Artie might be
> > gone.

I had never heard of this Artie fellow until this thread on r.b.t (?),
but I do remember catching Howard Stern once in a while on David
Letterman (I think that would have been the old NBC "Morning
Show" ;-) (I think the fact that I regularly watched David Letterman
is sufficient credentials for a sense of humor and acerbic
tolerance.) I never saw much of Howard, but do remember that I found
him decidedly un-entertaining, and was always strangely uncomfortable
until he was gone.

> Artie is my FRIEND!
>
> J.

Given the above, and by third-hand association, this says a lot.

In article <[email protected]>,
Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> San Diego is a backwater?

That would depend on one's perspective. Someone from Tokyo (28
million), Mexico City (18 million), Mumbai (18 million) of even New York
city (16 million) might see San Diego (1.2 million) as a bucolic
backwater- perhaps even quaint and rustic. Compared to Madison (210,000)
or St. Paul (275,000) San Diego would seem large and urban.

Jay wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Worry not, Jay. Plonkitude is looming.
>>

> oh I am so fearful?!?
>
> just do it loser

Allow me to recap what Press would call the "state of affairs":

You post inane blather to a cycling newsgroup.

When various people call you on it, you shout (in all caps) that the rules
allow this and then tell your critics that "Usenet is not your personal chat
room" (but fail to see the hypocrisy in that).

You, sir, are a moron. Drunk or sober matters not, apparently.

HAND